In a quandary....

lentil2

Gold Member
Ok, I'm off for my weigh in tonight.
Last week I asked my C if I could move up to the next plan as I'm finding 810 so boring! It feels like it's neither one thing or the other, ie not complete SS nor eating a proper meal!
She gave me the 1000 booklet but said she would advise I stay on 810 for a couple more weeks or until I was down to 11 and a half stone. So, I took her advice and decided to stick with it. She did say, if I really wanted to move up I could.
However, this week, I have found it to be a real struggle. I've really wanted to eat and Slimming World is calling me! Lol
I am a sw girl at heart and at the moment I would love to eat a steak and salad and he b portion of new potatoes!
So my quandary is, do I go to weigh in and start the new plan or do I go with Sw?
I think the thing is, I have reached a weight where I feel comfy and my BMI is healthy and I don't mind the next 13lbs coming off slowly.....but....lol the whole point of me joining cd was to lose all my weight and work up the plans sensibly to introduce food.
My oh says I never stick to anything for more than 5 mins, and he's right.....am I going to sabotage myself?

I think you want somebody to ell you to go and do slimming world :) but personally I wouldn't. You won't lose the last 13 pounds. Get to goal and then look at doing another diet. The 13 pounds, will become at least 17 if you start eating carbs and then the journey ahead starts to look really long again.

This is a decision only you can make.
I fell ill a few weeks ago, so had to stopped SSing at short notice. I went straight to SW. I managed to refeed and lose 3lb across three weeks.

I also love SW and will be going there for maintenance.

Personally I'll join SW after going 810. I don't see the value of 1000.

I know that people blame weight gain on not going up the steps. But I personally think its more to do with what people eat after goal. For me, going up the steps - and then going back to eating junk food - will lead me back to being heavy!

Instead I'm aiming to SS until BMI 25, then will SW to goal. And will SW (with a few flexi syn days thrown in) for the rest of my life. I think this will work for me.

Whatever you decide, expect some small gains when you initially recarb. Set yourself a 3 or 4 week period over which you will give you chosen plan a chance to get working!

Good luck whatever you decide!

Lol......I don't really know what I want people to tell me!
Thing is, I will be introducing carbs this week if I move up to the 1000 plan....and looking at the amounts, they are pretty similar to sw portions of healthy extras. I would follow red days so minimal carbs anyway.
I'm not too worried about a small initial gain as I know that's just water and it will even out.
Ooooooohhhhhhh........help!

You do not need to decide today. If the answer is hard to find, personally I would go with CDC and give it one more week and see how you feel.
Big H has a point, with carbs it will be more to loose than you have now.
Also, diets are hard whatever diet you are on.
Your choice of course, but if you are not sure, then wait until you are.
Very best of luck whichever you choose

There's a big difference between 810 and 1000 (had a chat with CDC about it last night) when I was on LL Route To Management, I was brilliant eating 810 style...but the minute that carbs came back and I dropped a pack (ie - kind of 1000) I went a bit loopy. Your body tries to convince you to carb up again (it's not you being 'weak' it's your body being a survivor and that can be a pretty overwhelming impulse to overcome! If you want to continue with motivating losses and build on that fantastic first month, I'd give 810 a couple of weeks to knock you down another half stone or so - then by all means step up.

I'm a hard-ass though ;) ...so it's your decision...just think about what you want the end result to be.

Thanks all for you replies....they all make perfect sense, but my head is telling me different!!

Anyway, have been for my weigh in and have maintained!
Spoke again to my C and she agrees if I am bored/unhappy with the plan at the mo then I need to try the 1000 plan. If it saves me from falling right off plan, then it's worth a go, right?
I'm not having massive losses on 810 so I've nothing to lose really.....
I understand about carbs...also love low carb diets.....so I will not let them get the better of me! So for now, Cambridge has won the day....at least that's a step in the right direction!
I just need more choices.......

Thanks again, you have all been more than helpful x

i've done sw for years but i find it to easy to go over the top on sw and i use syns wrongly. i like the idea of having a smaller list of foods.

Keep with it hun and follow Cd all the way, i done this last time 10lb to go and joined sw and never got there as my portions were too big.

Back