In need of just some support. :)

Snowy

Hello whomever reads this.

I poked around the forum just a teeny bit but I am still very confused, so if I do something wrong, please forgive me!

I am really new to posting on forums and don't know really what kind of way I should approach this, but my trainer told me it would possibly be good for me to look support for my weightloss battle online since I don't want to tell to my close family or friends that I'm trying this, not even to my boyfriend... not yet atleast. :eek: I've had many failures in the past and I don't want to a) get them exited for nothing b) fail infront of them and I do want to surprise them, if I do succeed. :p I live alone and most of my family/friends live in other cities; my boyfriend currently in another country. I don't feel like participating in a group here in my city and I'm really afraid to even look support here online to be perfectly honest.

But yes, this is my first time starting CD and this is my first day in. I was going to start on monday since I'm having a long weekend now and wanted to treat myself for "The Last Meal", but decided to clean out my fridge yesterday and start today. It took some willpower though, let me tell you that! The biggest challenge for me is definatelly going to be keeping up with my water intake. I tend to forget to drink and then gulp the whole amount at the end of the night and hope no one will notice! I'm just fooling myself like that, I know. The meals I've tried taste okay, so I'm not worried about that. I'm getting over the 3 day period over holiday, so I'm not too worried about that either. My trainer is super nice and has gone through a similar experience as I'm hoping so I'm really glad I found her, but I feel like I need maybe someone else to share this experience with. I'm not sure will it be on a forum with many people or maybe find someone to be email-buddy or IM-friend, but I'd like suggestions what other's going through the diet would think might suit me :confused:

My starting weight is 131kg (288lbs) and my goal... well for now it's just to get into two digit weight (99kg/218lbs)! Hopefully, eventually I'll hit 60kg (132lbs) which would be optimal for my height. I would have to lose over 50% of my current weight. This scares me for multiple reasons, but I'm still going to try! (I live in Finland, thus the kg's.)

So if you want to share experiences with me or maybe contact me for a smaller supportgroup online, I'd be thrilled! :eek:

Thanks very much for reading !

I hope you find someone this site is full of lovely people, I started this diet at 254lb and now I'm at 153 and on the home straight lol. You will get loads of support in a site like this and fast responses to any questions, you can also private message people for a one 2 one chat.

Good luck with your journey x

Best of luck on CD, try your best to drink the water all through the day though not at end of the night. The water keeps your metabolism going and helps stop the hunger pangs. If you try aim for a litre per 4 hours....say 8-12pm=1 litre, 12-4pm=1 litre then 4-8pm=1 litre, you will have had enough for your day xx

You have taken the first step in the right direction...I too need a buddy...feel free to pm me.

Thank you for your nice responses! I feel a bit more secure in my desision, believe it or not! An hour ago I was ready to pust out the food... luckily all i have is frozen stuff and by the time it would unfrost I would have prolly changed my mind again. :D

Nina, I would love to message you, but I don't know how :(

i don't think you can private message people until you've done a certain number of posts. but hang in there, snowy - the posts soon rack up.

i've been doing this diet since 1st august, when i weighed 270lbs. I've now lost 78.5lbs, and I am absolutely certain that I wouldn't have succeeded without the support of the lovely people here on minimins. as well as the interaction, i recommend reading some diaries and looking at some before and after pictures. I found that having evidence that it *could* be done, that people *do* succeed, really motivating.

Well done spangles on your 5 stone weightless. Day one for me and I need all the inspiration ...as you said, this CAN and WILL be done!

good luck! i've not much to loose now but it is the best diet in the world. so fast, great results. just keep busy and drink the water. i find it hard during the day when i'm working to drink the water as i can't just up and leave to go to the loo so i'm suffering a little at the min. i'm normally a good glugger :)

i tend to drink 1 pint when i get up. 1 pint before each shake and make my shakes up to 1 pint too. that means (i have 4 shakes), 5 pints already before shakes and another 1/2 pint for each shake which is about 6 pints a day already! :)

Ah yes, I can see I get and can't send any private messages. That's a bummer. :(

Yesterday was super hard! Omg, I wanted to give up so many times and just bolt to the McDonald's or something. I dremt I ate 3 buttery sweetbuns and felt so guilty! And when I woke up and it was just a dream, the relief was huge. I had lost 2kg(4,4lbs) in the morning when I went to the scale. I'm not gonna weigh myself every day, but I had to see if anything had happened! :p And yes, it's just water etc, but it was the inspiration boost I needed! Now I feel great, even though the potato soup thing tasted horrible! YUCK! :jelous:

That's great you fought the mcdonalds temptation. I sent you a pm but I guess you can't get them either. Keep counting down...do you have a goal date in mind? I set mine for July 1st which is summer vacation and no way I will do shakes them...plus I will have shifted at least 90lbs...so maybe graduate to eating?! Not sure yet...it's so far away but also so close...six months will wiz by!

Snowy, is this your first attempt at CD ss...and what's different now then past trials of doing the diet? From what I have read over and over again, it's all about mindset...for me THIS IS IT! I have soared through all three days and no suffering! This feels so differently than my past attempts...

Hope it's the same for you...

Best of luck Snowy (Love the name!!) You have done the right thing by starting - putting things off is exactly that - today you have made a step in the right direction for your goal! You are welcome to vent on here as much as possible - I do - there is a thread called "CDC Weight Loss Diaries" I suggest starting a diary in there like I have and lots of lovely people come by, say hi, offer support ... I have needed it and I am not sure I would still be on the plan if it wasn't for the kind words of people in here! x

Nina: Yeah, I can't see anything before like 50 posts or so? But hey, I can still post, which is good! ;) I actually haven't set a date... My boyfriend is moving from England to Finland July-August, so that's when I want some change to be seen (we're actually not going to see eachother for 6 months, and I'm trying to keep this "a secret" which is a motivator, but really hard!!). :eek: Other than that, I didn't want to limit myself to a set time, because knowing me, it might make me feel too much pressure. All in good time ^^

This is my first attempt yes. I read about CD long time ago, but never had the courage or the right set of mind to try it. I have the right mindset for sure!! But it's been suffering for me :( Mainly because I didn't ease into it and I just started a new job and that's making things harder since I'm an emotional eater and can't even remember a time when I have made myself feel better with any other means than eating. So I take it you have tried CD before? was it about mindset then? I'm really interested to see what kind of bumbs I might be looking to conquer.

Thanks whale (and your name makes me smile!! :eek:), I'm a bit reserved about posting because I've met really mean people on forums. I have a tough skin but my weight, as for so many of us, is one thing that's really something I can't easily joke about. But I'll check that thread out for sure! Thanks!

oh i know what you mean. I mostly post on a forum where if you dont get called a c*nt on a daily basis you'd check whether your posts were actually visible...

but minimins is different. It has its flaws, but i have almost never seen anything here other than effusive but sincere support.

Minimins is a great forum...I have never felt anything but support, although some posts can seem off, most people are sweet and thoughtful...we are all in the same boat, and battling similar chatterboxes!

I joined in 07 and was straight on the narrow path for three months, got too cocky and played with the program and slid off majorly! Since then every attempt I have done, has been half heartedly, not the right mindset. But I feel extremely differently this time around...I am ready to battle my demons and face my fears...have a look into CD diaries and even lighter life...people changed from the inside out...and we can too ;)

I tell myself each morning: I deserve this. My daughter deserves a healthy mommy and my husband deserves a wife who doesn't have to hide her true smile behind a suit of fat...my fat suit is ready to be shed...

I look forward to taking this journey with you!

Best advice...you have made it this far to let a slip up happen...the first three days are horrendous! But keep glutting water and it's great your new job will keep yr mind preoccupied. As far as emotions...that's another story...let your inner voice scream your determination ;) I loved your blog and look forward to more...I wished I lived in Finland...we could text support to one another...I live in Jeddah! I mean there are things like international contacts, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, I already feel homeish on this forum which is great, and I'm so glad I bumped into you :) I have to say btw, your daughter is really gorgeous (assuming that's you and her in the picture.) :)

It is my first time CD:ing, but I have tried other diets before and I really think it truly is all about the mindset. I feel like I had to accept myself for what I am before I can move forward to change for the better. I know there's loooots of mileage to cover but I know we can do it!

Working will definatelly keep my head in the game, but I happen to work at the hospital (not actually with the patients) and I walk past two cafeterias everyday from now on and even as it's cafeteria food, it smell's so delicious! Lucky for me it's expencive!

Have you tried the CD juice thing? My cdc said she'd give me some to try tomorrow. She was nice enough to agree to let me change some of the shakes I couldn't get down to ones I like tomorrow even though my first weigh in isn't till thursday. :) Which blog are you talking about? I made a couple and don't know what I linked anymore! I'm really tired right now so my mind is scrambled.

What kind of phone do you have? Depending on that I'm sure we could work something out :)

Don't know if I am allowed (and by all means moderators delete this post if im not) but my facebook is www.facebook.com / lucye by all means add me as a friend - I chat to several people from minimins over there as it is sometimes easier than coming backwards and forwards looking at posts. My profile is 100% lock and key private so you wont be able to see much - but please do (and send me a quick message just to say who you are .. otherwise I might think you are a student trying to be crafty and see my pictures) AND totally following up AND underlining the other girls comments this is a lovely supportive place ... oh, and I am keeping this a secret from everyone too - other than my fiance because people are too quick to judge another "failed" diet I want them to be shocked as hell next time they see me! :)

oh, and I am keeping this a secret from everyone too - other than my fiance because people are too quick to judge another "failed" diet I want them to be shocked as hell next time they see me! :)

Exactly my point too! I can't wait to see my family's reactions etc. It can be hard without their support, but for example my mother is the kind that if I'd make one word towards "I can't do this" she'd immidiately start telling me "then don't, you don't have to". I know my boyfriend would tell me the same, specially if he knew what CD diet was about. He hates seeing me sad and he'd prolly think I'm staring myself, which is silly cause he's the most rational and science orientated person I know, just not when it comes to me. :rolleyes:

Yes this is my daughter Sujoud before she was one. Now she's three and a half! I need to update our pics.

I tried the cd juice...it's like flavored water...I never really like the after taste of aspartame...and stick with water or tea...like ice tea homemade...no sugar, which I like any way;)

I have a samsung not a bb...but I did update my Skype name...can you see it? It's my name dot hers. If you're crafty, and you seem to be, you will find me! I saw your YouTube blog...day one and two...waiting for day three!

And finally cafterteria food, oh so not worth it! Tell yourself, you have tasted it all...which in my case, I have...lol that's why I am here facing my long lived self denial...

What flavors do they have in Finland...did you try toffee...heard it's nice, but I am with y ou...th porridge is great :)

Trying to do this from my phone. :) reason why i asked about your phone is that if u had a smartphone we could use whatsapp to text internationally via 3G. But anyway, im heading to bed because of 4am rise. I dont like aspartme either, but I am getting sick of the taste of just water :3

I will loik for your skype tomorrow :) good night!

Back