ProPoints In Search of the Skinny Girl.....Take Two!!!!

joanna25

Silver Member
Well....

After yo-yo dieting on Slimming World, I've decided to give ProPoints a stab. I've always been a bit of a WW cynic after I found I starved myself on it pretty much when I used the Discover Plan. However, after a chat with a girl on our Slimming World Blackberry Group, she told me that PP will probably suit my lifestyle far better. So here I am. I have just unwillingly parted with £33 to sign up to the weight watchers website for 3 months but then after that I will be just going it with all you lovely guys and gals on minis.

So about me...I'm a 24 year old girl, living in Manchester but originally from Southend. I used to be stick thin (didn't we all!!!) but then too much picking at doritos in the Uni library and then lots of travelling and living in hotels for work pretty much ended up in me blinking and missing the fact I'd got to a size 14 (16 on a really bad day) and weighing in at 13 stone. Now I know some of you would love to be that weight. But for me this is huge. I was always tiny growing up. Mum's small. My sister is small. I'm the family elephant....

Don't get me wrong. I'm doing this for no-one but myself. After my friend was so successful on Slimming World last year, last September I trotted off to my first meeting and I had a fantastic first week loss. 6lbs in fact. I couldn't believe it! I successfully lost 1.5 stone by Xmas but then after the xmas period struggled to get back on plan (which was stupid as I'd only put 4lbs on over xmas...)

I got a boyfriend and subsequently dining out and take aways became pretty regular. Then we broke up. I barely ate for four weeks. When I did it was just rubbish.

Then the travelling started with work again...which is a social thing because loads of us are stuck in hotels. So you can imagine what that entails.....I do take my wii with me and attempt to do a bit of zumba off of it. I do try to stick to plan at the weekends. But this was just resulting in maintaining. I figured why the hell should I even bother. It's not going down. So this week I just didn't bother. And put on 5lbs. I'm not proud or impressed by this fact....

Anyway...here I am...trying something new. You know what they say...change is as good as a rest.

I work in Learning and Development. I really enjoy it but I'm an aspiring barrister on the side. In my spare time I enjoy salsa dancing, lots of zumba, reading, cooking (that's how you get fat!!!), and I've recently attempted to take up running. I'm not very good but I'm better than I was.

I'm pretty useless at keeping diaries of any kind so this will no doubt be fairly sporadic. I'm new to this so I'll probably beg for help a lot too.

Anyway....thanks for listening to me witter....

Jx

Hello:)

Hey Joanna!

I am looking forward to following your diary - we're the same age, have the same problems (love of cooking, yo-yoing, boyfriend-weight-gain, "family elephant" (lol!), trying to establish a career while also getting slim...), so I thought this will be interesting and motivational :)

You can do it this time :)

xxx SL

Hi everyone!! Lovely to have a few "friends" already....sometimes the moral support is half the battle isn't it!

well I've managed to cancel my online subscription before even starting (tee hee....) because I've already got a pretty good idea of what I need to know and the rest you can find on here pretty easily :)

I think there's a good chance I'm going to get fed up with weighing everything pretty quickly though....that's my fave thing about SW - there's not weighing involved. BUT, i'm going to give it a chance :)

Thanks for stopping by guys..i really appreciate it :)

x

snakes and ladders....it's a nightmare int it!! x

Hi
The weighing isn't so bad and after a while you start to be a pretty good judge of the weight/points in things.
i often feel tempted by the simplicity of slimming world and not having to measure but I find weightwatchers so much easier to live with, especially in terms of eating out.
Good luck

aaahhh thank you very much :) i stay in hotels for work a lot so i think the flexibility there is really going to help!

Jx

Day One....Initial Thoughts and Food Diary

So today....my initial thoughts.....help I have to weigh everything and I can't have low fat supernoodles and mugshots for free :(

But.....

I can have fruit and veg for free which you never used to be able to do on WW which is good. I just don't want to starve which I found I did on WW discover.

So food diary for the day:

Coco Pops (30g) with 142ml skimmed milk = 4 pp

Batchelors Low fat super noodles (I've got to use them up!!!) = 9 pp

Jerk Chicken for Tea = 11pp

Snack - muller light and fruit = 2pp

Leaves me 3pp spare. but I'm yet to learn what I can get for that....

Jerk Chicken - 11pp (but that's a lot of potato!!)

Ingredients (for one)

165g (raw) chicken breast (4 points)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1 pepper (yellow, orange or red)
1/4 sachet of Schwartz Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (1 point)
Pineapple
300g potato (6 points)
Garlic, chilli and mixed herbs

Method:
Fry off the chicken in fry light. Add the seasoning, red onion, peppers and chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil then simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Stir in the pineapple for a further 3-5 minutes.

Slice the potatoes into thin slices and season with garlic chilli and herbs. Cook in the oven for around 25 minutes until crispy.

right....i'm dead fickle me.....i've realised this is totally the wrong thing to do and having just spoken to a close friend, i have realised i need to stay on slimming world for now....thank you all for the welcome though and for responding to me. i'm sorry to muck everyone around. moderators if you read this...could you please delete this food diary??

Thanks x

You're not fickle, it's so confusing to choose! I keep flicking back and forth between different methods too, so don't sweat it :)

You could always just move this diary to the SW section rather than deleting it, if you want to keep track of what you're eating.

Good luck, whatever you decide to go with :)

SL xxx

Back