In serious need of a really good talk

Yasmine

One last chance
Ok as you guys know, I'll be going back on lipotrim and I have to say this really is the last and final time. To be honest, i am really fed up.

Now, I need to know something guys, you see, my dad is really discouraging me and telling that lipotrim is just a quick fix and will never keep the weight down. For those of you guys who are maintaining, will the weight really stay off or does it just fix the problem for a short while?

My dad has bought me books from a well known doctor called Dr. Ali, he has helped over 7000 people to lose weight with remarkable results through his diet program. I'm thinking of following his diet plan after I refeed for about 3-5 months.

But i really need to know guys, will lipotrim keep the weight off? I'm beginning to lose hope and faith in the programme.

I hope you are all doing well and I thank those two gals for the supoort on my last post about ramadan.

Yasmine all I can see is you need to be in the right frame of mind. I have lost a stone sine coming off LT yes it has taken me 3 months, but I saw LT as a stepping stone nothing more, to me it was not a solution, it was an aid to begin to feel good about myself. You can lose weight if you calorie control and exercise, yest it will take you longer but it may help you realise how many calories you are taking in. Dont feel guilty if you have a off day because every one does, just think 80/20 rule. I am strict with myself all week but relax at the weekend. Good luck honey, nice to hear from you.xx

Hey there hun

Sorry to hear you are worrying. The bottom line is that the diet is irrelevant when it comes to maintaining, regardless of whether it's WW, LT, CD - unless you change the way you eat you will regain the weight. It's not the diet you follow that keeps the weight off it's how you approach maintenance, finding the balance of giving the body what it needs and no more.

Sending hugs

xx

Hiya Yas!!
It is possible to maintain! I did it for 4 months until I got cocky and thought I could eat what I wanted whenever! and now i cant stop eating again and im never full!! I know what my mistakes were and im going to fix it!

You can do it chick xxx

Hi Yas!

Similar to what Porgeous has said .... the answer to your question is 'No' ... Lipotrim will not keep the weight off. Lipotrim will help you lose the weight. Any diet - Dr Ali or anyone else can only help you so much - only YOU can keep the weight off.

It's not easy and you will always have to watch what you're doing - but it CAN be done. I'm nearing the end of my 11 week of maintaining and I'm still finding out what I can and can't do/have. Picking and having things I know I really shouldn't but then cutting back a bit to limit the damage.

Losing the weight is really the easy bit. Then you have to find a regime that you can live with to maintain.

I can understand your father's concern knowing a little about how you've been when coming off LT these past couple of times. Perhaps it would be better for you to focus on a healthy lifestyle and see the weight come off slowly, but perhaps for you more sustainably, than to focus all your efforts on losing it quickly but not really learning how to live with food.

Good luck whatever you decide. Let us know how you get on xx

I have been maintaining for 5 months now Yasmine and like what is said above, its a lifestyle you need to adapt to once you have reached your target weight. Only you can do this for yourself hun.

Welcome back xxx

Thanks so much everyone. Seems like i still have much to learn. Sorry about not coming on as often to keep you guys updated, I just feel so ashamed of myself a lot of the time and well you know how it is.

Thanks again guys.

Hi Yasmine

I am a little late in replying as just back from hols...

Everyone has covered what I would have said too! I personally dont think LT solves our problems. It is a tool that needs to be used wisely and the time spent when not eating needs to be used to the best advantage for you!

I think LT is the easy part; it is the maintaining that is the difficult part, but if you have addressed your food issues, then I think it can be done.

No point using LT everytime you have some more to lose because you havent watched what you ate after coming off it. That is just as bad as yo-yo dieting and you will never achieve your ultimate goal of being healthy. I say this with conviction cause I have to learn about food every day.

I have just had 18 days in Turkey with the most amazing food in front of me every day! My challenge was had my attitude to food changed...HAND ON HEART!! I can now say yes. I almost binged yesterday but didnt as I had learnt tools (in my mind) that I could conquer it.

Any diet will work if you stick 100% to it, but you need to learn to relax around food; see it as a friend and not an enemy and learn a lot of self control to be able to be in control of food rather than food be in control of you.

I do hope you get to your aim, but dont let LT draw you in that it is the Bee all and end all, as it isnt...learn to understand food and your relationship with it.

Sorry, a bit waffly....but I wish you all the very best.....

Back