In shock!

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
So for xmas this year I've been asked to make a cheesecake, as I would rather do the pudding than a starter or main, and the cranberry one I made last year has become a bit famous haha! Anyway I just worked out the syns in it - 255!!!:eek: That's over 20 syns a slice!! I'm pretty sure 255 syns is more than we get in a week!!

I'm still going to make it:eek:, we are going to my bf's parents for xmas so it won't be lurking in my kitchen waiting to be finished on boxing day lol. It serves 12 but last year not many people could finish their slice as they were massive portions - so I think I'll cut it to serve 24, or just cut my own slice in half. 10 ish syns seems reasonable seeing as it's delicious and it's xmas day so flexi syns will be used!! Still an unbelievable syn value though. And I happily ate 2 full slices of it last year thinking it wouldn't be more than 50 syns for the whole thing lol:eek: No wonder I gained 8lbs.

Have you guys ever had this shock syn value thing happen to you?! Are you planning to make any "normal food" for xmas or sticking to SW:D?

I'm planning on (whether i stick to it or not I don't know!) cooking all my christmas treats the SW way and have the xmas cook book so the syns I use will be way over normal SW week but much less than an off plan week however I intend on having those little sausage rolls you buy frozen and cook in the oven still! Ooh will go find out the syns bet they are rediculously high but they are so yummy!

------------

edit: 2.5 syns each not so bad but I could eat the lot lol

One meal will not ruin your weight loss journey. Just because you are prone to gaining weight doesn't mean you have to torture yourself at xmaa Just est what you want, and stop when you're full.if you gain, then at least you know why - it will mostly be water retention anyway.

As an fyi - slim people tend to compensate for a rich meal by doing a little bit more exercise, or eating a little bit less in the other meals that day. Make sense really.

And post the cheesecake recipe please :p

My intention is to treat Christmas eve as a normal pub night (40-50 syns), unless I manage to drive (still thinking about that) Christmas day will just be OH and I, so dinner and a few drinks, Boxing day family Buffett so mainly cold cuts & salad, will be expected to eat a bit of garlic bread for kissing reasons LOL

I bought Mr. Kipling cake & pudding slices - OH doesn't like them, they're individually packed, and just enough with a cuppa as a treat 8 - 8.5 syns a portion

Tuesday back 100%

Only other possible stumble in NY Eve, but we don't go out, or if we do it's late afternoon, early evening for a couple of drinks, cba with all the aggro etc, yeah our night is normally at home just the 2 of us, nice dinner, a few whiskys

Sunday back 100%

The days that we are around we'll go for walks, maybe not that far, but more than sitting watching James Bond, sound of music, wizard of oz again :)

As I said, that's the intention. LOL

Oh, and regarding cheesecake, we used to often have it for afters on a Saturday.....haven't bought one since starting SW, OH is happy with cake & custard or semolina, rice pudding etc, but I decided to treat him ....it was one of these little frozen ones for £1:50 - I worked it out at 12 syns a slice serving 6 - we used to eat half each with cream in one go.....no wonder I needed to join SW

Your cheesecake sounds yummy & dangerous ..... Extra dangerous as he won't eat cranberries ;-)

One meal will not ruin your weight loss journey. Just because you are prone to gaining weight doesn't mean you have to torture yourself at xmaa Just est what you want, and stop when you're full.if you gain, then at least you know why - it will mostly be water retention anyway.

As an fyi - slim people tend to compensate for a rich meal by doing a little bit more exercise, or eating a little bit less in the other meals that day. Make sense really.

And post the cheesecake recipe please :p

Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe *Tested Recipe* Joyofbaking.com

I figure one half slice of cheesecake won't be a big deal! I don't like SW puddings all that much (except the key lime pie omg mmmm....) so would rather make this cheesecake that everyone can enjoy and just limit myself to a small portion. I will be stuffed after dinner anyway, the bf's dad goes all out with food at xmas/ny, all pretty healthy stuff too actually - trout, venison, prawns, salads etc.

I'm really dedicated this time and I know from last year that the massive gain just wasn't worth it, so I'm sticking to SW as much as I can over xmas. My bf is gonna be sorting out details with his parents soon, and I've been really cheeky and told him to ask them to use low fat things when they can:D they won't mind though, when I was doing WW they always had WW biscuits and stuff in for us when we went to visit.

Back