In the beginning... start at 75kg 26/03...

gingercake

I thought as I have never done this before I would listen to all the advice on here and start a diary.
It is my first day today and I am planning to be on Attack until Friday.
I have read the book so have a reasonable idea of what to expect. But I am open to all ideas and advice from you very kind people. :D

So here is my diary for today:
Weight - 74.8kg

Breakfast - 99.9% FF plain yogurt (lowest I could find) and oatbran

Lunch - 2 boiled eggs and chicken

Dinner - Chicken breast with lemon pepper

Snacks throughout the day will be tuna and sweetened yogurt if needed.

Great start and good luck - only thing I can say is eat as much protein as you can and have plenty of snacks to hand for when you feel peckish - planning is key to success on Dukan especially and have a look through the recipe thread on here as there are some great recipes that make Dukan amazing! x

Well day 1 went quite well. Although for dinner I had a fillet of salmon. As much as I enjoyed it, it was rather greasy and to be honest I don't think I will have salmon again on attack just because of the oil content.

Weighed in this morning at 74.3 :D so lost 500g.

Was feeling rather groggy towards the end of the day and had a headache, so will drink more water today.

Thanks for all the advice X

salmon is fine... the oil in it is a good oil ;)

Hi and welcome totally agree with the girls be prepared plan ahead, keep positive x

Thank you ?

Day 2 -
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs with lots if pepper

Lunch - 98% FF sliced ham and chicken

Dinner - 2 large chicken breast fillets with lemon pepper and Moroccan spiced FF plain yogurt

Snacks - yogurt (same as yesterday) and 1 1/2 tablespoons of oat bran
Bottle of coke zero

Felt awful again for most of the afternoon with a headache and was really really craving something sweet. I managed to resist and stuck with yogurt, although everybody else in work was eating Easter eggs!!

Really hope these feelings pass, I don't think my will power will make it otherwise!

I didn't feel hungry once though, and I couldn't manage my second chicken breast.

Do you think I am eating enough?
And with regards to the sweet cravings I have read about the Kelly and yogurt. I have WW jelly sachets here, do I just mix that with the yogurt???

Thanks again for the help ?

As far as I know only the Hartley's sugar-free jelly sachets are suitable, and only 3/4 of a pack per day. Hartleys also made sugar free ready to eat jelly pots, great for packed lunches etc.

Drink more water to try and counteract the negatives of ketosis, you can also drink fruit teas (let them cool to be more refreshing)

Your menu looks pretty good...if you've little appetite just try eating little and often, I find that best on pp days which are akin to attack phase.

A couple of potential red flags, processed ham/chicken can have added salt and sometimes sugar, so make sure you check the packs and try to keep the ham to a minimum as it will definitely contain salt. Morrocan spice mix....check the ingredients to make sure that doesn't have sugar or starches in...I made that mistake with some chinese spice mix....

As long as your yoghurt is low fat/fat free and you're drinking enough water, everything else looks fine :)

how long did the dukan site prescribe for your attack phase?....you'll find things easier on cruise xx

Thank you. They suggested 4 days, but I will be doing 5 so that I can have veg on Saturday as we are going out.
Felt great when I got up this morning and took the dogs for a good walk and felt rotten again. It seems to have worn off at the moment. This is day three so I'm over half way. The fact I am not feeling bloated is great.
Won't be able to weigh myself again until Saturday morning but I'm sure it will be a good result.
Thanks for the heads up about the spices, will check them.
Am I okay to have chewing gum?? They have a nice sugar free lemon and lime extra one here, it is tasty

sugar free gum is fine, just be cautious not to overindulge ;) can cause laxative effects...

as for 5 day attack, you could do 4 days and then have friday and saturday as pv days...then follow with 2 pp, then a 1/1 method.... as long as you spend half the time doing protein+veg and the rest of the time doing pure protein....it's fine :) and might be easier on you than trying to slog it out an extra day - just a thought x

Hello gingercake, and welcome!

Yes I wondered about chewing gum - even the sugar free ones I've seen (the main brands) seem to contain 60 something g carbs per 100g....but I've still had some because I figured a) each piece weighs very little and b) i've been careful not to have more than a couple a day, if that. I haven't noticed any bad effects.

Keep up the good work! And do experiment with those spices to keep it interesting and varied. It makes such a difference.

x

Day 3

Breakfast - vanilla flavoured yogurt

Lunch - lemon pepper chicken

Dinner - huge piece of steak and a dry fried egg

Snacks - yogurt and oat bran
Bottle of Pepsi max

Felt much better and by late afternoon the headache had gone.

Since you kindly told me check the spices, I have discovered the lemon pepper and the moroccan both contain salt and sugar!! Can't believe it, why would they do that.

I will be sticking to chilli and pepper from now on!! So thanks for that.

As for the jelly they don't have Hartley's over here. Any idea what makes that one special? I will check the packaging once I know what to look for.

Thanks again for your all your help x

RunnerBean said:
We had the same start weight gingercake, good luck! :)

Hey runner bean, how are you getting on?? So far so good for me and I am hoping I have got over the feeling rough part now.

Do you have your own diary for me to nosey at? :)

Hope you are doing good

Hi Ginger I'll type up nutrition for the packets of hartley's and also the ready to eat tubs, then you can compare....

nutrition for hartleys no added sugar orange flavour jelly ready to eat tub

115g serving

energy 14kj
kcal 3
protein 0
carbohydrate 0.3g
sugars 0
fat 0
sats 0
fibre 0.3g
sodium 0.1g
typical values per 100g

ingredients: water, gelling agents (locust bean gum, xanthan gum, gellan gum), citric acid, acidity regulator (potassium citrates), flavouring, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulphame K), antioxidant (ascorbic acid), colours (carmine, beta carotene).

Hartleys sugar free orange jelly powder sachet 23g

typical values per 100g as sold powdered
energy 1225kj
kcal 296
protein 68.3g
carbohydrate 5.1g
fat 0.2g

ingredients: pork gelatine, adipic acid, acidity regulator (trisodium citrate), flavourings, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame k), colours (beetroot red, beta-carotene), fumaric acid.

Thank you so much.
I have had a look at the WW sachet I have and there are a few more kj, but less ingredients. No sugar or salt etc. I will give them a try.

Thanks again :thankyou:

Day 4

Breakfast - Steak left over from last night

Lunch - Chicken with chilli flakes

Dinner - 2 Boiled eggs with lots of pepper
followed by FF yogurt and oat bran 1 1/2 tablespoons

Felt great all day. Not craving anything and not feeling hungry!! Great :p

Day 5 - Last day of Attack

Breakfast - Galette - 1 1/2 tablespoon oatbran, egg, FF natural yogurt and cinnamon

Lunch - Chicken omlette, made with one egg and two egg whites and a splash of skimmed milk

Dinner - Hmm not sure yet. Possibly tuna and cottage cheese??

Weigh in tomorrow morning and start of Cruise which I am looking forward to.

Back