need to lose at least 30lbs by end of March 2017-- going to be a Bride!

AND I've just realised that I am an idiot.. I HAVE been using my HEB option... with my porridge! :oops:

In a way, I think you should either calorie count or do SW. Mixing the two seems to add additional stress and makes you feel like you've failed or done something wrong, when in actuality you're doing really well. Since you are using MFP anyway - I would suggest maybe stick to calorie counting? That takes a lot of the complication out of it, worrying over syns and HeB.. whatever they are (sorry I don't do SW).
Don't beat yourself up over it - honestly, you are doing the best you can, but do try to simplify! x

Well.. I would agree with you.. but I have been "Calourie Counting" for so long now.. and it wasn't working. This is why I went to Slimming world to try and i dunno.. push me into it I guess.. actually do something that might work! :confused:

No your right.. I should focus on doing just ONE thing.. and really seeing as I am paying for Slimming World.. I should just follow it. Fill myself up with "free food" and hope for the best. If I really truly try and stick to the plan for 1 week.. and see what my loss is..

Hmm... Calorie counting does work :p It just takes a while, a few months... Usually I expect around 6-7 lbs loss per month, so it's not super fast, but I'd lose the same on a VLCD so I'm not complaining. :p But, maybe you had set your calories too high? Everyone's different, has different metabolisms, BMR's and the body has a natural weight 'set point' which it will try to maintain and keep. I know mine is set to around 12st, which is annoying to say the least! :p Also we process foods differently, protein takes more energy to 'digest' and use, than carbs. So it does actually matter where those calories come from too.
Having said that, I don't know what daily calorie limit you had set yourself when you were doing it. :) It does take a while to work, unfortunately there is never a quick fix solution for anything! I wish I could just wake up tomorrow 2 stone lighter, but I know it won't happen! :(

Hope everyones weekend went well? Mine seemed to fly past.. can't quite believe it is Monday already!

So I've made a decision to try and follow the SW plan to the T! No more sneaking syns because I think " a few extra wont hurt." They obviously do as I'm not losing at the rate I want to be. I have bought myself some unsweetened Almond milk to use in my teas and coffee instead of dashes of milk here and there. Hopefully this will make a difference! not sure if I need to syn it..?

Breakfast- Porridge with milk and apple
Lunch- Home made chicken stock soup and blueberries and fat free greek yoghurt for afters
Snacks- 1x laughing cow cheddar, biltong, homemade bannna and oat bites (banana, oat and raisins), sliced ham

HEA-
semi skimmed milk
HEB- Porridge oats

Syns

Biltong- 5.5
Laughing cow- 1.5
Banana bites- 6.5

Total- 13.5 syns

Seems really ridiculous to "syn" cooked fruit.. but.. I said I was following the plan to I've added my banana bites to the list. (Actually the oats are synned too as Ive already had my quota today. lol)

Last edited:
lol Typical.. the day that I decide to fully commit to the SW plan.. is the day that my trainer decides to give me a nutrition plan to follow... and most of what he says goes against the slimming world plan.

PT wants me to give up caffiene, sugar, dairy and gluten for the next week. This is so I can try and better understand where my food obsessions lie. (I already told him that I know I'm an emtional / bordem / stress eater and that I live off caffiene. lol)

Breakfast- Green Smoothie (seeds, mango, banana, kale, spinach, avacado x1 and almond milk.)
Lunch- Chicken stock soup, egg and sliced chicken.
Snacks- banana oat bites (using this up as he says I can still have banana's ) and handful of nuts.
Supper- Not sure yet.

I'm not going to lie.. I am finding no caffiene SO HARD! and I am only really on day 1. :( Keep yawning at my desk and literally feel like I wanna put my head down and have a little snooze. haah

I gave up caffeine when I tried doing Atkins a few years back... Never doing that again, so I feel your pain :p It's really hard! I had headaches, bad moods, tiredness, the lot and it didn't go away for two weeks or so. But in a way it was worth it, a break away is good, it will make you less reliant on it for energy..

Minerva.. its bloody horrible. I never thought that I had that much... like 1 or 2 cups of coffee and say 3 cups of tea... I thought it was pretty decent.. APPARENTLY NOT!

The headache I am getting.. jeeeez! Not to mention the sweet craving that I have all because I have been told I am not allowed it. lol This is going to be a hard week!!

I think if he tells me to carry onto next week then I might cry. haha

We took measurments and I have lost an inch off my wasit.. YEY! I have also lost a bit of weight, but it appears I have also lost some muscle mass too. So this is why he is telling me to eat more good fats to try and train my body to build muscle instead of eat it.

So I still went to Slimming World last night for my weigh in (even though I'm not following the diet this week, it keeps me accountable.) I lost 2lbs. yey!

Breakfast- 2x bacon, 2x eggs, spinach and mushrooms

I'm working from home today so thought I would have something different to the smoothie..

Lunch- Trout fillet salad (beetroot, cherry tomatoes, cucumber) with a small drizzle of oil and balsamic vinegar.

Thanks for the congrats.. I was pretty happy seeing as I didn't really follow it at the weekend. lol

So.. I really dont know what to do about Slimming world.. Technically I am not following it at all! I'm eating tons of avacado and tons of nuts.. all which aren't allowed on the SW diet. Yes I am losing weight but at the same time.. I feel like a fraud! :confused: Plus I guess the £5 I currently spend to weigh in on a Tuesday night would be quite helpful to keep.. Gah i just dont know what to do!

Happy Valentines day everyone! Man it is quiet around here.. Where is everyone?

So.. I am going to try and make the weigh in at Slimming World today and am going to tell my counseller that I will not be able to attend anymore as "can't afford it." (bit of a white lie but thought that was better then sounding like I am giving up.) I don't want the emotional blackmail of "you can't give up.. come back.." etc et.

My food today is as follows:

Breakfast
Sainsburys - Avocado
Linwoods - MilledChia seeds

Alpro - Roasted Almond Unsweetened
Sainsbury's - Young Spinach
1 medium banana

Lunch
Homemade - Vegetarian Quorn Mince Shepherds Pie
aldi leaf merchant - crispy mix leaf salad

Supper
Not sure yet as its valentines! Probably a steak with sweet potato fries.. and try and find a starter which fits in my "plan."

Snacks
Sainsbury's - Roasted Pistachio Nuts In Shell,
Alesto - Mixed Nuts
Alesto - Cashewkerne
Sainsbury's - Houmous,
Celery, 1 stalk,
Cucumber - With peel

Drinks
Twinings - Camomile Tea,
Twinings - Apple Crunch,

Went to see my PT last night after one week of being on "no caffiene / sugar / dairy and gluten." He was VERY impressed that I had managed to stick to if for 99% of the time. I hoped that he would ease off on the strictness for this week.. so let me have green tea or a some dried fruit.. but sadly no. :( Going to be hard tonight, going out for a meal and not having my normal pudding! gah! (Think of the wedding dress!!)

So.. yesterday I chickend out. :( I sent the counsellor a text instead of going to the meeting. I feel lifted in a way but sad at the same time. There is something nice about getting the weight loss certificates from Slimming World which I will miss! haha

Food wise I'm not doing too badly today and I managed to do a 25min ab workout.. which hopefully means my abs will be hurting tomorrow. As long as I keep losing at 2lbs a week then I am happy!

Just realised that since I started this I have lost 10lbs. :) Just another 20 odd to go!

So I'm still here!! I just havent' been posting as much because life started getting busy again.

I weighed in this morning at 14stone 3lbs.. I AM FINALLY BACK IN THE 100's RANGE! :bestwishes::winner:

I dont think I have been in the 100's for about 6 years..

People are FINALLY starting to notice my weight loss.. and I had someone at work tell me today that I look like I have lost loads! I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. :p

So.. We are nearing the end of March... (only one week to go!) And... I am not going to reach my target. :(

In total I have lost 15lbs since I started this diary. :(

I am spending the next 4 weeks trying to lose as MUCH as I can.. Aiming for a stone.. but I know it will be pretty hard.

So I have been seeing a personal trainer since January in an attempt to lose as much as possible before the wedding. I really wanted to drop a dress size or two and get back into at least size 16... instead of the 18s that I am in currently.

He took my measurements again this week to see my progress.. and whilst it is good.. I'm still discouraged by the fact that I haven't dropped a dress size. My size 18's are really loose but I STILL can't fit into 16. :(

In total since seeing him I have lost the following:

10.4lbs
4inches from around my middle
4.2% body fat.

you would think after losing 4.2% body fat and 4inches around my middle that I would be able to fit into size 16 by now! I know the inches lost is a bit ambigious as it depends on if they measured in the same place or not.. but even with 3inches lost you would think I would be down a dress size. :-(

Hi Pinkemi! It sounds like you've done so well with the personal trainer, that's an excellent result and you should be proud of yourself! :)

Sorry to hear you're not where you want to be yet though but try not to be too disheartened. I was in a tight 18 when I started losing weight in August and I'm now in a loose 18 but still not really in a 16 and I've lost over 2.5 stone. I do know how you feel, getting into a 16 would be a huge accomplishment but I'm sure you'll get there soon, you've put so much effort in and are seeing results.

Have you tried 16's from a range of shops? The sizes vary so much and it is a bit ridiculous sometimes. I had a wardrobe full of size 18 trousers and since I started losing weight I've just worked my way through them. At one point I found that a pair of size 20 trousers from one place fit the same as a pair of size 16's from another place (the only 16's that kind of fit me but are still a bit too tight) and the 18's were all different too. Same with tops - I've been wearing some 16's I got from Debenhams to work lately and they've been fine but my Mum bought me a size 16 top from Coast and I can't even get the zip done up; I'm miles away from fitting into that and an 18 in the same style wouldn't fit either. I'm sure these companies just like making us feel bad but keep it up, you can absolutely do it!

To be honest no I havent.. I have a pair of size 16 jeans that I have been using as my goal.. and as a guide to see how I am getting on.

Im just so frustrated with myself for not "trying" harder at the beginning.. so I am not at the weight I wanted to be for my wedding. I just hope I don't hate all of the pictures!

Back