need to lose at least 30lbs by end of March 2017-- going to be a Bride!

Syns
Avacado- 5 syns
Nakd cocoa Orange- 7syns

Total- 12 syns

Good that the seeds are on the B list! Would be annoying having to use a load of syns on them. I have never tried a green smoothie, but to me it doesn't sound the most appetising - what did you think of it? Xx

It was.. Okay. But to be honest.. in the past I have had a smoothie for breakfast (made from fruit) and then felt really hungry a couple of hours later. My green smoothie managed to make me hold out until lunch.. But i have been really mentally hungry for most of the day.. a real empty day. :( It's like whatever I eat just doesnt want to stasify my cravings. Not the best thing to have when you are due a weigh in later is it. ha ha

To be fair though, I didn't imagine I was going to get a good weigh in later anyway.. but don't want to sabotage it too much. Meh.

So yeah.. Green smoothies are okay.. but I prefer to EAT my breakfast instead of drink it.. you know? I'll keep up with it for a couple of days.. but if I don't see any results then I am going back to my porridge for brekkie. :)

Right.. Snap out of it! If you are good.. as in really good.. you can lose at least a stone in a month. COME ON! you know you can do this... now do it!! :rant:

Breakfast- breakfast wrap. (2x bacon medallions, 2x eggs, tomato ketchup (s) in a wrap (syn))

Lunch-
Not sure.. maybe a salad? could put some avacado, pumpkin seeds etc on it.

Supper-
I might try and attempt SW homemade burgers with some salad. Got some mince and cant be bothered with like cottage pie or spag bol. (trying not to eat pasta.)

HEA-
Semi skimmed milk
HEB-

SYNS

Wrap- 9syns!! :banghead:
Avocado- 5syns

Total-14 syns

I really really need to start checking the syns BEFORE i eat something. I am sure I am having too many most of the time.

Can anyone please help me with the syn values for this? It's Tesco chicken pakora. I know the chicken is free but not sure about the coating on it. I don't have access to the syn calculator as I am doing slimming world just myself.

Half of a pack (69g**) contains
Energy
636kJ (151kcal)
Fat 4.1g
Saturates 0.6g
Carbohydrate 10.5g
Sugars 0.6g
Fibre 1.5g
Protein 17.3g
Salt 1.0g

Thanks in advance.

Are they the individual ones?

Tesco Indian Kitchen Snack Selection, chilled 12 pack (1 pakora)- 3 1/2 syns each.

If I can't find them in the SW syns calculator, I go by the rule of 20calories = 1syn

Hope that helps!

Sadly it doesn't work like that.. because of the way they are cooked. The oil etc.. If you have eaten the whole back I would suggest going with 15syns! Sorry.

You know there is a syn section on this forum? If you asked the question in there.. someone might be able to help better then I can. :)

update on food:

Breakfast- breakfast wrap. (2x bacon medallions, 2x eggs, tomato ketchup (s) in a wrap (syn))

Lunch-
Salad with onion, tomatoes, avacado (half), sweetcorn and a chicken drumstick.

Supper-
I might try and attempt SW homemade burgers with some salad. Got some mince and cant be bothered with like cottage pie or spag bol. (trying not to eat pasta.)

HEA-
Semi skimmed milk
HEB- I'm always terrible with this... mainly because I'm trying not to eat breads and such.

SYNS

Avocado- 5syns

Total-14 syns

ffs.. under-estimated the amount of syns in Mikado sticks. I thought it was 0.5syns for 2 or 3! :badmood:

Syns
Avocado- 5syns
Mikado sticks- 11syns (22 sticks)

Total- 25 syns

*sigh*

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean about preferring to eat breakfast rather than drink it - in fact the only time I like to drink my calories is when it involves wine :p

Although you're over syns, I don't think your food for the day is particularly bad - avocados are very healthy, & it's a shame the wrap can't be used as a hexB. At least now you have a better idea of the syns in what you've eaten, so just draw a line under it & remember for the future xx

So I had a moment of weakness and was like.. what's another 11 mikado sticks gonna do! It's not gonna hurt... So my total syns for yesterday was 25. *gah*

I did do my workout yesterday though and feeling it this morning I must admit. It annoys me greatly how my scales at home will tell me I have lost.. but the scales at SW will tell me I've had a gain. Like this week.. my scales on Tuesday morning told me I weighed 14stone 8lbs! When I weighed in in the evening I had gone up to 14stone 12.5lbs. Thats like a gain of 4.5lbs! Clothes might weigh 1lb.. so then its a "food gain" of 3.5lbs? :confused:o_O So frustrating!

Breakfast- porridge with milk and a banana
Lunch- morrocan couscous with beef mince and sweetcorn, with a bit of spinach
Snacks- raspberries with fage fat free yoghurt, pink lady apple, 1x light babybel and 1x cheddar babybel (low on stocks!)

HEA-Semi skimmed milk
HEB- handful of mixed nuts

Syns

1x light babybel- 2syns
1x cheddar babybel- 3.5 yns
Hot Chocolate- 1.5syns
Total- 7 syns

I just couldn't face having the green smoothie for breakfast... my trainer will be annoyed with me but i think it just didnt work. I got this empty feeling because i didn't "eat" my breakfast... it felt like I had missed a meal.

Last edited:
I never like weighing in the evening for that very reason that food & clothing weight can vary so much. Even though morning weight can also fluctuate I find it's way more consistent.

I don't think I'd find a breakfast smoothie very filling either. I'd tell your trainer how you feel, hopefully they'll be able to suggest a good alternative breakfast that you can actually eat xx

I am trying not to let it get me down.. Sadly i don't have a "morning" session which I can go to.. so evening is basically my only choice! I tried to eat "light" on my weigh in days but in reality its kinda cheating isnt it. lol

Still focusing on upping my exercise.. hopefully that will help to shed the stubborn fat!

It's not really cheating to eat 'light' on WI day :) If you do it on a consistent basis then you can trust that number! When I used to get weighed with Lighter Life, I'd wear the same clothes each time and stop drinking water and coffee about 4 hours before I'd have to go :p
I've been following you by reading for a little while, so thought I'd drop by and offer support! You can do it! :D

Hi Minerva! Thanks for dropping in and saying hi. :)

I try and wear the same jeans.. and a light top so that I get a samely sort of weigh in.. (if that makes sense.) Can't get away with not drinking coffee for 4hrs before.. I live off the stuff at the moment! haha

So evenings are definitly my downfall when it comes to over eating. Went to the gym last night and ran my 2nd fastest 5k on the treadmill in 40:09! :D

Got home and was STARVING! Luckily my OH had made me a salad with sardines and two hard boiled eggs.. so that wasn't too bad. It was the kinder chocolate and the hot chocolate I had later on in the evening whilst we were playing xbox. urgh!

Syns
1x light babybel- 2syns
1x cheddar babybel- 3.5 yns
Hot Chocolate- 1.5syns
Full fat hot chocolate- 5.5 syns
Kinder Chocolate- 3.5 syns
Biltong- 5.5 syns

Total- 21.5 syns

Today food wise is as follows:

Breakfast- porridge with milk and a banana and Graze - Strawberries and cream protein yoghurt topper
Lunch- morrocan couscous with beef mince and sweetcorn, with a bit of spinach and 4 mini mushrooms
Snacks- pink lady apple and 2x cheddar babybel

HEA-Semi skimmed milk
HEB- Porridge oats

Syns
2x Cheddar Babybel- 7syns
Graze pack- 6syns
Corn thins- 5.5syns

Total-
18.5 syns

Last edited:
Syns
2x Cheddar Babybel- 7syns
Graze pack- 6syns
Corn thins x4- 5.5Syns
Wispa- 10syns!!

Total-
28.5 syns. :rant::banghead::badmood:

Last edited:
See.. this is what frustrates me SO MUCH! Calories wise.. I haven't actually eaten that much! Here is a snapshot of my MFP diary for the day. Around 1,200 calories! *sigh* But Syns.. .Syns I am over! Again! My Graze pot was a fruity, granola type thing... (which isn't that bad for you.) And corn thins... are like.. 28 calories each..

If I was eating a massive 600 calorie flapjack then fair enough.. just.. GAH!! :badmood:

upload_2017-2-3_14-39-44.png

I've just realised that this hasn't got my wispa on it for some reason... can't believe a wispa is 10 syns! (I really need to start looking up syns before i eat them. Like seriously! Just downloaded the SW app onto my phone so I can start doing this. )

Basically.. I am now feeling VERY grumpy. lol

Last edited:
Back