In the beginning... start at 75kg 26/03...

Good going ginger, you posting you loss tomorrow? I'm eager to hear Best of luck xxx

Hey Ginger :) glad to see things going smoothly

remember now you're on cruise to up your oat bran ration to 2 tablespoons per day and limit your dairy to 1kg/1 litre per day maximum :) x

Weighed in this morning at 72.4kg, do I have lost a whooping 2.4kg in five days!!
Very pleased with that, and I must say I found it rather easy! Was a little tempted for some chips last night when my OH brought some home, but the thought if weigh in this morning kept me on track.
Will be doing my veg shopping today, can't wait :)

Gingercake that's a whopping start well done x enjoy cruising

Thanks sid!

Day 6 - cruise day 1

Breakfast - vanilla yogurt FF

Lunch - tinned salmon with lite fromage frais, black pepper and celery

Dinner - venison steak stir fried with beansprouts, mushrooms, onion, curry powder, garam masala and spoon of fromage frais
Followed by an oat bran cinnamon muffin

Not drank enough water today, probably had about 3 pints and a can of coke zero

Back to PP tomorrow for me

Day 7 PP - lost a total of 2.6kgs in my first week :D

Breakfast - 2x cinnamon muffins

Lunch - Tuna with lite fromage frais and pepper

Dinner - Lean mince with egg made into burgers

Yogurt and lots of water throughout the day. Also had another muffin before bed, taking my oatbran two 2 tablespoons.

Day 8 (cruise day 3) should be PV, however changed to PP so I can have veg while I am off work.

Breakfast - 2x cinnamon muffins

Lunch - probably half of a cooked chicken, followed by yogurt mixed with WW raspberry jelly - this is my favourite combination

Dinner - Venison steak with a dry fried egg. Yum yum

Had my other muffin through the day

Really enjoying this so called "diet" I have given in to temptation a couple of times. Had the tiniest slice of cake whilst in work the other day, but to be honest I am not missing anything. An Easter parcel has just arrived from our family back in England - full of good old chocloate bars that we can't get over here, and mini eggs, my favourite. I have promised my OH I won''t be going near any of them, and I will stick to it. I am very focused at the moment and I hope it stays like this!

Thanks to all the help and support from you fellow Dukaners, I can really see this working out for me.

Have just made myself some chocolate and banana muffins and a batch of lemon ones too! Yum, my OH even likes them so they must be good.

Hi Ginger you are doing great - once your in the dukan zone then a cadburys mini egg just doesnt taste so good - brilliant

I agree they dont taste as good when ur in the dukan zone.... if they are long dated save them for conso :)

Think my OH already has his name on them! The curly wurly's and Percy pigs have disappeared. I don't normally like having temptation in the fridge, but it isn't bothering me one bit! Very odd :)

Funny that isint it, nothing temps you when your in the zone x

It is Sid, very funny.

Day 9 - PV
Breakfast - chocolate and banana muffin and a lemon muffin (2 tbps oat bran) these were nice!

Lunch - 2 egg and 1 egg white omelette with mushrooms, bean sprouts and a tbps of soy sauce

Dinner - salmon fillet with sprouts and cauliflower. This was nice but I couldn't eat it all, was stuffed after 3/4 of it

Snack - tinned tuna in spring water with a spoonful of fromage frais and balsamic vinegar - strange but rather nice.

Been thirsty all day so drank about 4 litres of water, and I didn't have any fizzy drinks today

Love that menu,banana chocolate muffins a big fat yes in my oven as soon as I find low fat coco powder x

think you can get banana flavourings in the supermarket :)

Yep banana flavouring is just from the supermarket.

Had a terrible day yesterday. Started off well but didn't have time to have something to eat before the the dentist at lunch time, then I couldn't eat anything until late last night. Also had a creme egg!! :mad: so much for being in the zone. I haven't got an excuse, I shouldn't have eaten it, but I did so I am trying to forget about it now.

Day 10 PP

Breakfast - 2x muffins (2tbps oatbran included)

Lunch - Yogurt with cocoa powder

Dinner - Rhubarb (yey I found some) and yogurt with sweetener

Snacks - Creme egg and another muffin :mad: :mad: :mad:

Like I say not good. Back to PP today and my mouth is feeling like my own again now. Won't be weighing myself until Monday morning so hopefully I have time to get back on track.

Last edited:
Re: your 'strange' snack, I love anything with balsamic vinegar :)

Hey Flicka, what else can you reccommend to have with balsamic vinegar?? It certainly has a great kick to it which I can't compare to anything else.

Any suggestions you have would be great, thanks

The viniaigrette maya in the book is soooo tasty x

Back