In the freezer

Taz

Spam Hunter
What low syn/free meals can be frozen and cooked later? I already have cottage pie and bolognese. I mostly do green days but the occasional red

I tend to freeze a lot of casseroles and mince in sauce (defrost and then add the potatoes and veg).
If I make a curry I freeze it at certain stages before yoghurt is added.

Hope this helps?

I cook a load of veg soup on a sunday and freeze it for the week
Also potato croquets and curry

I freeze a fair amount of casseroles and stews to try and make it easier in the week after work too. Sorry I can't be more helpful on green days, I don't do them really :( xx

How do you make the croquets?

I made mash with milk and seasoned then shaped into croquet shapes. I made up some couscous in usual way just cover with boiling water and left for a few mins.
Whilst I was waiting for that I beat a couple of eggs in a dish.

And basically you just dip the potato in the egg and then roll it in the cous cous...It's quite messy but fun to do with the kids :D

Then I lined a wide baking dsh with grease proof paper and layed the croquets out onto it. You can layer them up but I'd suggest putting paper inbetween each layer as they can be a bugger to get out....Once frozen you can just put them in a freezer bag ;)

No help with green days, but when I buy sausages (Sainsbuty's BGTY Cumberland) I make one pack into tiny meatballs then freeze them ready to be cooked from frozen in a nice tomato sauce. I make each sausage into 4 tiny meatballs.

Back