in your personal experience...........

busybee123

Have you found you lose more weight with EE or red/green?????

Reason i say this is because i am struggling to get my head around EE and may have better loses with red / green which i am used to.
This 1/3rd on EE is what im struggling with.

I find ee easy as im not a big milk fan so the hexa does me for cheese and the b is for my alpine light bars

I don't always do a third plate as I tend to eat more fruit than veg, I usually just have a banana or tangerine before my food then another bit of fruit after having left a bit of my plate empty, this is if I haven't made a stew cos that is packed with veg

I have lost my weight almost exclusively with EE, when I have done red/green I get about the same amount of losses. I tend to find it easy enough to get in my 1/3 SF as most of my meals lend themselves to adding extra veggies and I almolst exclusively snack on SF. However, you need to chose the plan that suits you best, if you can't eat that much veg then maybe you should do R/G, but remember for good health you should aim for at least 5 GOOD SIZED portions of fruit and veg a day.

Hi busybee123,
I'm so glad u posted that! I feel just the same. I've done s/w on and off (mostly off!) for 3 yrs and got on well with the red and green days, although I've always ended up putting my weight back on. I rejoined, again, last week & still dont really get the ee plan! I'm a bit scared that I'll do it wrong & so haven't tried it yet...I dont want to waste time when I know the red/green days work for me...but on the other hand I cant help feeling I'm missing out as loads of people have said how good it is!!!

hi busy bee ive been on x easy on and off the last year hve lost nearly 4 stone from may last year till august but then ive been messin about since then put on 2stone but iam bk on track now hve been doin red since thursday and i feel better 4 it will no at weigh in in the mornin gud luck 2 u

i was doing EE then changed to red/green since xmas as got taste for cheese over xmas so can now have 2 hea and heb2

Personally I find Red works best for me, but I think that's only because my red day meals tend to have more veg than anything else. I am still making sure that all my meals have 1/3 superfree even though i'm following the Red/Green plans, as I just find this as useful way to stay on plan.

I think do whatever plan works best for you and in the long haul that will be what loses you the most weight!
I did green at first as that suited at the time as was working a lot of hours and eating mainly on my own but when I finished the job I changed to ee so could eat more with my family and more structured way. The losses have slowed but that could be for other reasons and at the end of the day I am still losing steadily.
What about the 1/3 superfree are you struggling with? Theres lots of advice and support on here and if you go to a group the consultant and group members should help you too and when you get your ehad round it its a good plan but if you want to do red and green then why not do those? :)

Thanks for all of your great Advice.
I think the point I'm missing is I usually start the day wth fruit or porridge. Usually have jacket and beans for lunch and don't know what I can do to make it EE really that's when I struggle!!!!!
Tea time is ok as I'm home and can cook veggies. But lunch I have pasta or beans and jacket!

Have a smaller spud and slightly less beans then side salad and some fruit for afters?

So the 1/3 doesn't have to be on the same plate so to speak. I eat fruit all day.
Shrimpy I gotta say your such an inspiration! Read lots of threads with your comments on. You've done dead well. Look great too. I only actually wanna lose a stone. I can do this!!
Tut.... Just watching hubby eating cheese and biscuits! Pain that he is!!!!!

I alternate between all three - so I do at least two of each every week.

It is therefore impossible for me to tell which is the best, but I believe the fact I am alternating works in itself!

I loose the most with EE and red days, but I do still have green days occasionally when I want a nice 'comfort food' day and get all filled up on carbs, but know I haven't blown the diet :)

Hi busybee,

I completely agree with Emsie, do what suits you best to start with because you are most likely to stick to it. If you try and do a plan that doesn't suit you as well because you think you might lose quicker, you might not stick to it therefore losses won't be that good. Once you have found something that works for you, then you can tweak from there and have a go at everything.

However, if you are confused about EE, try the following:

1. Go and read the EE threads on the sticky posts at the top. They are good for summarising
2. Go and read lots of food diaries because that will give you ideas about what to try
3. Keep reading and posting here

If necessary, stick to red/green for now (so that you know you're following it) and post your specimen food plan for a day or two for people's comments.

Good luck.

Gail x

Hiya, I found when I did EE exclusively for a week I had a STS. I now realise that was because I didnt follow the 1/3 SF rule.

I voice the same view as everyone else, you do the plan that best suits you.

With my lifestyle I do EE if the evening meal is something like shepherds pie or Spag Bol and add my veg in

For my working week (3days) I'm normally green, cos I have veg soup which has potatoes in it at lunch or a veg lasagna.

For the rest of the week it is normally red days, as I have better opportunities to cook and have the fridge easily available.

Good luck

Back