Independence Day!

babieg

Well what better day to start my weight loss journey FOR ME than Independence Day.
I thought it best to start writing myself a diary about my journey as it may well help me stick to plan. I joined SW in December 2008 and I managed to lose 3 stone and unfortunatly I fell off the wagon and have managed to gain 2 and half of those stones back on and its all around my midrift so its looking at me all the time!!
I am a stay at home mum and I have a 4 year old son who starts full time school in september, I married my gorgeous hubby back in May last year and well thats when we both started piling back on the pounds. My husband is following the SW plan to so it does make it a lot easier for me not having to buy in snacks for him and I just buy healthy snacks for my Son.

I wrote out my food diary for this week on friday and went shopping for it on saturday so I have everything in that I need for all my meals so have no reason to go back out to the shops and be tempted by other goodies.

Unfortunatly with just having the one wage coming in I cant really afford to go to a club or follow the plan online so I thought what better place to go for encouragement and support but here, I have read so many inspirational diaries and have been looking at peoples tickers and it just goes to show that having people around you in the same situation really does help you along the way to a slimmer fitter you. So I am hoping you will do the same for me as I will for you.
Thank you!

Extra Easy for me all the way!!

Excersise....20 minute morning session of Zumba Wii Fit....Phew!! (and they call that a beginners class!!!!:confused:)

Breakfast:
42g Crunchy Bran (HEB),
90mls Semi-Skimmed milk taken from HEA.
2 x Satsumas.
2 x pints of water

Lunch:
Sweet & Sour Pot Noodle GTI (2 syns)
Packet of Skips (4syns)
Banana (F)
2 x pints of Water

Afternoon Excersise 20 min brisk walk

Dinner
Beef Salad (F)
1 x tbsp extra light salad cream(1.5 syns)
2 x Pints of Water

Evening Snack:
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total syns 13.5

Please feel free to comment or correct me if I am wrong with anything or if you think I could improve somewhere!

Good luck to every one!
Abs x:flirt2:

Last edited:
Well today has gone really well, although was getting hunger pangs mid afternoon and was thinking of a cuppa and a biscuit but no I stayed on track had a Satsuma and cleared out my sons wardrobe.....I think my next step will be to make myself a to do list for the afternoons when my Son is at nursery rather than stick to my same routine which involves a cuppa in the afternoon. Keeping myself occupied seems to be the way forward.:)
Big Pat on the back for me for today, Kepp up the good work Abs!

I love your title - very appropriate.

Good luck :)

Day 2

Day 2....
Feeling a little sore today, may well of overdone it slightly yesterday, I have my son at home with me today so this morning I have done a 10 minute jog, a 10 min step Aerobic and a 5 min hula hoop session on the Wii Fit and he joined in with most of them. This afternoon I think we will go out for a walk as its such a lovely day, I live near many different lakes and they are beautiful to walk around or even cycle around this time of year, but I dont think my muscles will take a bike ride today!

Breakfast:
Oat-so-simple (5 syns)
180 mls semi-skimmed milk (taken from HEA)
Artificial sweetner (F)
2 x Satsumas (F)

Lunch:
Roast chicken Salad (F)
Skips (4 syns)
Banana (F)

Dinner:
Slimming World Chips (F)
Egg (F)
Beans (F)
Bacon(F)

Evening snack:
Pink 'n' White (3syns)

Drinks: 6 pints of Water & 2 cups of tea (F)

Total Syns (12)

Already I am starting to dread the weekend that is my biggest down fall.....any ideas much appreciated!!!!:eek:

Day 3

Have you ever had that feeling where you look at someone and think.....oooh I know her face from somewhere???!!! Well I had that exact moment yesterday, I took my son to the park and there was another lady in there with her daughter who was about the same age as my son, she kept looking at me as though she was thinking exact same as me, eventually she came over and said....Abbie??? I said yes, how do I know your face and she said...Kate from Antenatal!......Well my god I nearly fell off the bench, you see Kate when I saw her last (at antenatal) was huge and i dont mean because of her bump, you wouldnt of even known she was pregnant as her bump was hiding underneath her... 'frame', that was over 4 years ago, now she is a very slim and slender size 12 and she is looking fitter than ever and very healthy indeed, how she done it.....Slimming World and swimming, she said she felt guilty for being unable to run around with her daughter and hated the thought of not being able to join in on sports day when her daughter starts in septemeber. I was literally gob smacked at how different she looked, we chatted for ages while the children played all about slimming of course, and if ever I needed an inspirational boost to keep me going... that was it!!!

Excersise for today...
20 mins Zumba
15 mins 'Just Dance'

Breakfast:
Oat-so-Simple (5 syns)
180mls semi skim milk (taken from HEA)
Artificial sweetner (F)
2 x Satsuma's (F)

Lunch
Pot noodle GTI Sweet & Sour (2syns)
1 slice 800g brown bread (HEB)
Packet Skips (4 syns)
Banana (F)

Dinner
2 x Pork Steaks (F)
boiled new potatos (F)
Roasted peppers and onion in Fry lite (F)

Evening snack
Pink 'n' white (3.5 syns)

Total 14.5 syns

Day 4

So...its day 4 and my god am I feeling it!!! I am really starting to crave sweet things now, I am usuallly a bit of a Jelly Sweet freak and normally have a nibble on them whilst watching The Apprentice, however, hard as it was I stuck to my plan even though I kept thinking of the packet of jelly sweets in the cupboard.....My son will be getting these as a treat after nursery if he is good today just to get rid of them!!
Living just down the road...literally 20 houses away...from my recently retired in-laws is proving harder by the day. My mother inlaw has now taken to baking so last night my father inlaw was out for his evening walk and knocked on the door with a freshly baked (still warm) loaf of bread!!! OMG!!!!!......I couldnt believe it straight away my Hubby start at it with a knife, completely forgetting about SW and says "how many slices do you want?" so when I said...."NONE" I heard the knife drop and it went all quiet in the kitchen.....He appeared with his tail between his legs apologising, he said I just sometime forget that we are on SW because of the food that we eat is not like we are on a diet!
Its also pointless in telling his parents we are slimming because 1.they dont believe in slimming M-I-L is 6ft and weighs 8st she is an ex model so thats why she doesnt believe in slimming because she doesnt have to, and 2. it doesnt matter what you put in your mouth or where you are the pair of them shout...."THOUGHT YOU WERE ON A DIET"!! even if its a slice of cucumber! so we dont bother telling them anymore. However as we dont like to waste food our neighbours get little gifts from time to time!! hahaha:D

Well still in need for some ideas to keep me on plan for the weekend...1st weekend on plan and I really am dreading it!!

Breakfast
42g Crunchy Bran (HEB)
90mls Semi Milk taken from (HEA)
Sweetner (F)
2 x Satsuma's (F)

1st Weigh in!

Well....4lb off in my first week so I must be doing something right, now to crack on with my 2nd week, however I am not expecting to lose as much this week as I have a very busy weekend.

Hubby and I are off to Nottingham Horse Races this Friday, staying over in a hotel then back home on the Saturday to pick up our Son to travel back up North again that afternoon to my home town of Liverpool as my best friend is having her Daughter Christened, then we are heading back home again on the Sunday afternoon, so All meals from Friday lunch time until Monday breakfast will be eaten away from home, so I would be sooo greatful of any helpful tips on eating out and where to go....We promised our Son we would take him to Pizza Hut when we go up to Liverpool so now all our family have suggested we all meet up there to catch up....looks like I shall be filling up on their free salad bar!!!

Well off for my morning Zumba session I shall be writing my food diary later.

Back