Infertelity clinic

Cassiexox

Well had my first appointment at the clinic last week,

I knew before i went what they were going to say, that i need to loose weight before they can help. But im glad i went, They cant help me with any treatment until my BMI is down to 35, Currently 50!.... But when i realised that i have been doing slimming world since end of July....My BMI was 60 when i started. All i need to concentrate on now is getting that BMI down and getting healthy.

They are referring me to have a gastric band, but i know i can do it myself, The doctor also said that PCOS suffers once they have lost 10% of their bodyweight become more fertile. And she also suggested that i take folic acid everyday.

I only have one problem though, metformin dosnt agree with me it makes me extremly sick, i try and try even tried to take 1 in the morning and 1 at night, ive been to my doctor about this loads of times but they say its one of the side affects, has anyone else been like this with metformin????

xxx

Hi, im the same i had this problem with metformin i was really sick on it, i also need to get my BMI down to below 35 before the will help me with TTC my 2nd baby, with my son my doctor prescribed me clomid as i had been trying for 18 months and it worked first time.

fingers crossed you get the help you need.

Have you tried getting the higher dose metformin and taking it just before bed? I used to have it twice a day and was having severe tummy troubles and vomiting then switched to nighttime and now no probs. And it works the same, my periods are regular. Maybe talk to your doc about it. Good luck

ive been to see my doctor loads about it, and all they keep sayin is that its a side affect of the tablets, but i really does make me ill, and i would rather be at my work than be off ill, i think il go back again to another doctor and get another opinion, just wish i had a magic wand!! lol

Cassiexox said:
ive been to see my doctor loads about it, and all they keep sayin is that its a side affect of the tablets, but i really does make me ill, and i would rather be at my work than be off ill, i think il go back again to another doctor and get another opinion, just wish i had a magic wand!! lol

Hi Cassidxox, I was diagnosed 6 years ago and have been told the sae thing only trouble is found it so hard to loose the weight! I started cambridge plan nearly 3 and a half weeks ago and ave lost 1 stone 2 pounds. I was on metformin for years and apart from the horrible side effects it didn't help with starting my periods at all :-( after 8 months of being ill on it I was moved to slow release metformin and that worked a lot better still got a funny tummy but a lot more manageable than before! X

Hi,

I am glad to hear that they are working with you to try and help you TTC.

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for the last year with no luck. My BMI is also over what it should be so I am working at trying to get that down.

I know how hard it is but stay strong.

We can do this!

thanks tinker, yep its so hard :( Its also hard when i see people much bigger than me having kids, always wonder why iv been the one to get pcos :( x

I know how you all feel, i am also in the same boat Bmi 35 is my target also. 5 stone to go, it aint easy. have only jusy got back to 3yrs agos weight after losing 26.5 lbs i have already had chlomid 3 lots with no look I have had pcos for the past 7 years that I no of. Ttc no luck it makes me so sad seeing overs that are bigger pregnant/with children ? The last time they did a day 21 test it showed nothing v upsetting

hows everyone getting on now? Im back on metformin and giving it a go this time and trying to deal with the side affects. im doing slimmingworld also going to the gym, im so determined to do this. Girl at work has just found out shes pregnant, and all she was taking was metformin ... so there is def hope girls!! xxx

It's great that they helped you understand things at the fertility clinic. Can't say they did the same for me but then by the time I was finally referred, I was almost 40. Not really time to lose the weight. I have the same problem with Metformin. The docs get trying to get me to take it but I refused after trying it about 3 different times. I read about the slow release tabs and have started those and hardly any problem.
How are you doing now?

Back