Inspiration needed :D (Newbie)

DustQueen

Gold Member
Hi I have been on LL before lost a couple of stone then put on 3-4! :(
Tried to start Cambridge before but never managed to get past the day 2 headaches and moodiness.
Started Monday morning and touch wood, headaches have gone and feeling better, but finding hard to keep motivated, keep thinking about the first 7-10 pounds just being the glycogen which will go straight back on and getting unmotivated.
Also got a hen weekend in 7 weeks which knowing the bride will be booze filled which is worrying me.
Sorry to be so negative, just thought someone may have some pearls of wisdom to stop me sulking on my sofa :D

The first 4 - 5 lbs are glycogen, the rest is fat. What about planning a weekend off for the hen weekend, that way you stay in control. Plan what you are going to drink and eat, and stick to it.

Stick to it and you will see results, yes, you may gain some weight, but it's about eating healthily too.

Oh REALLY?? Oh that is good news!! Thanks so much 4-5lbs is much better. Feel so much better now, thanks so much. Sorry for the depressive post.
Yes I suppose being sensible about the food I eat for the weekend would be good. Just unsure what would be best to eat to minimize my weight gain but still allow me to have a couple of drinks??!?

Try and eat things that are allowed on the AAMWs, and stick to shorts like vodka, they contain less calories, and mix with soda water or diet/zero coke. Make sure you aren't drinking/eating anything with citric acid in.

If you plan, you saty in control :)

and make sure your out of ketosis before going on a mad drinking session!! Best of luck to ya carly i reckon you will do it this time :)

Thanks I was thinking vodka slimline tonic, unfortunately not keen on coke at all. I saw a post about alcohol whilst in ketosis being very dangerous, but when I crashed out of my lighter life diet it was after a glass of wine that turned into two glasses of wine an alchopop and 6 cheese sandwiches :break_diet:eek:pps

Thanks Becky, WOW 14lbs in your first week that's amazing! It's really nice to see how well everyone else is doing weight-wise, when I was on LL I lost 1-2 lbs a week and 0lb some even gained one week without cheating :( so seeing that you are doing so well is very inspiring :D

no problem were all here for the same reason. My cdc also suggested slimline drinks (to mix with vodka)seeminly they are very low cals

CArly, you may also feel differently when the time comes, you may be so focussed that nothing will pull you away from the CD track!

Good luck!

Thanks Ruth,
Yeah I was thinking that I don't really want to eat or drink knowing how bad my willpower is! But I know this won't go down well with the bride. I have been thinking of ways I could pretend to eat and then just have slimline tonic and pretend it has vodka in it lol

Back