Inspiration Needed

Hello, I'm a 44 year old married Mom of teenagers living in West Midlands. I've done the Rosemary Conley diet before and lost a lot of weight. But slowly it piled back on again

After numerous attempts at losing weight, I then had yet another go at a rival class (Slimming World) and suddenly I was able to lose weight again! Yay!! My brain was in the right gear!

I've now got bored of the Slimming World way of eating, and have decided to re-join Rosemary Conley.

But I'm confused with the calorie counting. I am in a "routine" of eating certain foods, and they seem too many calories for a Rosemary Conley way of eating.:confused::confused:

I will surf these boards and familiarise myself, and hopefully come up with some ideas of what to do.

I have moved from SW to RC and found it quite hard for the first 4 days. I found it hard not to just grab an apple or a muller light yogurt whenever I felt hungry! Just follow the book for the first 2 weeks - 1200 calories per day and you will lose weight - I lost 4lbs. I combined the 1200 cals per day with lots of exercise. I joined on the premium plus membership which means you can attend a RC class everyday if you wish and get the benefit of exercise classes. That's what has helped me an awful lot! I think the transition from SW to RC is quite difficult because RC is quite restrictive - but when you get used to it it really makes sense and you will feel healthier and start to feel slimmer!!
Any questions just ask - good luck xxx

I have moved from SW to RC and found it quite hard for the first 4 days. I found it hard not to just grab an apple or a muller light yogurt whenever I felt hungry! Just follow the book for the first 2 weeks - 1200 calories per day and you will lose weight - I lost 4lbs. I combined the 1200 cals per day with lots of exercise. I joined on the premium plus membership which means you can attend a RC class everyday if you wish and get the benefit of exercise classes. That's what has helped me an awful lot! I think the transition from SW to RC is quite difficult because RC is quite restrictive - but when you get used to it it really makes sense and you will feel healthier and start to feel slimmer!!
Any questions just ask - good luck xxx

Thank you for your reply. My problem is, I decided to join RC before a night out, and right before the weekend (where I normally have Saturday's "off" the eating plan) So I WILL start Sunday, so hopefully by Thursday's weigh in there should be some weight lost.

I am not liking all the calorie counting:rolleyes: My "usual" breakfast (which I AM not going without) is above the 200 mark. But this can include the mid morning "snack!"

Who wants 12 cherry tomatoes as a snack? Or 12 grapes:eek:

I usually like a small meal of pasta with the tomato based sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes, low fat cheese. I have no idea how many calories that is:confused: It's something I enjoy so I don't want to stop really:confused:

It's great I can now eat frozen ready meals (where I can see exactly how many calories and % of fat there is)

I'm committed for 5 weeks on RC so somehow I need to make it work (even if I revert to SW way of eating:cry:)

Hi there, I have never tried SW so cannot comment personally but I know people who have and they have said that they have struggled with the unlimited aspect of it.

It really is not that difficult to follow RC, if you follow the calories that you are allowed and the 5% fat per 100g (look on the back of most food stuff and it will tell you)

I lost 7lb in my first week, have lost 17lb since the middle of Jan and am really enjoying eating low fat everything !!!

It is hard sticking to the 1200 ( Im on 1500 now but trying to stick to 1300) If I get really desperate then I have a ryvita thin (30 cals) or some thing like that to take the edge off.

You can have your snack for breakfast, I have brankflakes (portion pot of course) and skimmed milk with a banana as I find I need a decent brekkie.

It has really shown me about portion control and how much we all grossly over eat, I actually have lunch feeling hungry now.

I am religious about drinking water now, hardly drank any before but now 2 litres a day and have gone from someone who never exercised to doing 5 - 9 exercise classes a week.

I know now that this is the way I need to eat all the time, not just until I have reached my goal.

Very best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

hello ladies, I lost a lot of weight on the RC plan also and then slowly put some back on, I joined SW as my friend was with them and doing brilliantly but I couldn't get my head around the eating loads of free foods, I joined back at RC class last year and lost 24lbs but done my knee in at christmas and put 6 back on as can't do the exercises in the class have decided to do at home with the help of this site and doing aqua aerobics, 1st weigh in tomorrow I am not sticking to the plan exactly I am just keeping an eye of the fat contents and eating what I know I am allowed, seems to be working ok so far, good luck with RC persevere with it when I did it the first time lost over 8 stone and went from 26 to 12 so know can be done and I will get from 16 to 12 in no time I am sure :D

Back