Inspiration to go out in the cold and dark! Mantras required!!

beccy_bebe

Hi peeps! Help! I'm a fair weather runner! It's got my weightloss off to a brill start alongside the EE plan....but now the clocks have gone back....bleugh! I have to drive somewhere safe to run, which is fine....but actually heading out the door in the dark and cold and sometimes rain....looking for motivation. My OH says - when have you ever gone out for a run and regretted it? Which is true - I never have...but it didn't help tonight when the sofa beckoned!! What's your get out the door mantra? xx

Erm......sits and waits patiently for answers....i need a mantra to get out of the door to go to work!!

I work nights....Boooo :(

TonightI managed to get to the gym. I go to curves and its a 30min workout so thats always what I'll tell myself..... it doesnt take that long and then I'll be home again with the evening to myself. Maybe try something different if you're really not looking forward to your run :)

If it's dark, no-one will see my wobbly bits!!!! ;)

As for the cold........If you are going to run, you'll soon warm up. The sooner you start, the quicker you'll feel warm.

And the rain........It's only water, you're waterproof and you'll dry off!!

You notice how I'm full of this good advice (sitting on my couch, in the warm, drinking tea!!!). By the way, all this from a non-runner!!!!

If I've got to go out in this rubbish weather, I always try to have a treat where I'm going to........Usually a hot cup of tea!!!

Why not sign up for a local charity race? That will focus you! x

It takes half an hour now to feel better for the whole evening. Half hour is 5k to me, I'm slow! Or I could sit down now and feel bad for the whole evening!!

Lynda

This is one of the reasons I got my Wii!

I'm afraid to say i never have motivation to go out and exercise. i'm a lazy cow..

hangs head in shame.. i know i should!

- and your right, you never regret exercise! xxxxxxx

I'm also a fair weather runner - but actually, I took it up last winter in the cold and dark. Back then, I was totally psyched up for it, keen to get fitter, boost my losses and tone up. Now it takes me about a fortnight to get in the running zone. I get to the point where I feel so disgustingly lazy that I'm shamed into it!

I don't have a mantra really, but as running hurts me I think my mantra should be...

"more pain, no gain!"

Thanks ladies - all good stuff. I went for it tonight....and i didn't regret it, didn't stay cold for very long and it didn't take very long either.... and I feel deliciously smug for having been! Now I need to test my resolve when it rains! Good luck everyone! x

Back