Inspirational Thread

Daisy1966

Gold Member
I thought we could all share inspirational sayings or quotes for a bit of fun. It doesnt have to be a profound message it could just be something funny that granny used to say to you and dont worry if you cant remember who said it , if it makes you smile it may do the same for someone else :) xx

you have to stay in shape, My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven today and we dont know where the hell she is! :D

A friend is someone who walks in when others have walked out. :)

Dont compromise yourself. You are all you.ve got. :)

A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit. :rolleyes:

Change can come in either of two important ways: Start behaving positively or stop behaving negatively. ;)

Last edited:
Great idea Daisy, I especially like

Change can come in either of two important ways: Start behaving positively or stop behaving negatively. ;)

this one :D

oooo good thread

here's some of my faves

Your self-esteem shouldn't come from the opinion of somebody else, but through the positive actions made everyday by yourself.

"(he/she) who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." ~ Muhammad Ali

To succeed in life and take every opportunity, don't ask yourself 'why?'; ask yourself 'why not?'

Have pride in your imperfections and show the world that you are a work in progress!

Distance yourself from the negative and gravitate towards the positive".

This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly.

You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure.

:) If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always had. And you'll always feel what you've always felt :)

Nice Idea Daisy. Here are mine, I keep these on mu fridge door right now.;)

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right". Henry Ford

"Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right".

Hey. I like... Kitchen pickers wear bigger knickers. So true.

Football is a game of two halves. For me it's actually seven pints. :p

Not sure how inspirational it is though.

"one life, live it"

This came so apparent to me after my cousin who is 26 like me went into hospital with severe headache and nearly a year later is still in their with 96% brain damage. just out of the blue. We stress over the littlest things, when in theory, how long do we really have. make the most of life.

(sorry, depressing) BUT make each day count. :) Weather you feel you can or cant do it (this damn diet) when ya feeling down and grumpy. theres always someone worse off. x

my all time favourite sayin from my grandma is ....
it will allways be alrite in the end, but if its not alrite, its because its not the end. xx

Back