Inspire me with your blending skills!!

Dolly2

Ok, I am a creature of habit, when I very first started this diet (3 yrs ago) I only liked the choc lactose free shake, choc tetra and veg soup, so have stuck religiously to these flavours again this time round for nearly six weeks. ( I was the same in my real life eating habits, always drunk White wine with everything :8855:)

Anyway I digress, this is my last week of SS before I then go on holidays for 3 weeks and will be eating healthily whilst away. But I am 100% determined to return and finish what I have started, but I want more choice ( and this will give me something to look forward to).

Please could someone tell me how they make up the shakes with ice??? And please don't assume I own common sense, I need values un how much water (fl oz) and ice etc......

I am going to pre order some shakes prior to leaving so I shall be ready to blend first day back!!

Many thanks in advance
Dolly x

I use 150ml water, 8 cubes and 1 shake sachet... :)

I was thinking of trying this technique too, do youp use your stick blender or the big one?

I use the normal amount of water for the shake and then drop about 3-4 crushed ice cubes into the mix using a little hand stick blender blitz it till its mixed and enjoy you will still have a few chunks of ice left but the shake will now be nice and cold

I use a blender. I have one that has a crushing ice setting :)

I measure the water into a plastic jug but I'm not at home so I can't tell you exactly how much - it's a little less than the sachets recommends. Then I dump the powder on top, and then I put in seven ice cubes. I put a stick blender on top of that and whizz it until there are no lumps of ice. ( lumps of ice block the straw). Then I pour it into a large glass and add a straw.

Before I drink it, I half fill the jug with hot water and a squirt of washing up liquid. Give it a whizz, wipe down the stick blender with a scouring sponge, and then empty out the foamy water from the jug, giving that a wipe too. Job done. Drink shake.

I use a blender bottle, plastic thing from Lakeland that has a sort of metal spiral ball in it, water, powder, water, ice, ball in, lid on and shake. Don't measure but it usually turns out good and the ice seems to prevent lumps.

I pour a glass of water add to blender then empty out an ice cube tray ( bout 10 cubes) then wizz on ice setting. Once ice crushed I add powder through the port on the lid. Then I add 5 drops of vanilla extract this really helps and hasn't knocked me out of ketosis at all
I then whizz on milk shake setting and they come out like mc Donalds shakes
I di this between banana Choc Choc mint and strawberry flavour! Good luck

Thank you all, what an amazing bunch you are. I am well and truly ready to blend "cold style" with my stick!!

And spangles: that had me in stitches, as I already do this. Due to all my shakes being served hot I always boil too much water and use the excess to wash my stick and bowl, only once did it nearly end in tears and digit less when scouring round the blades I forgot it was stil plugged in.......a near miss and I'm sure a few extra cals burnt through adrenaline !!!

I just bung everything in lol. I always use loads of water in my usual shakes. I make them upto 1pt or 500ml. So mine making of the shakes with ice is different all round. 400ml of water, handful of ice in a blender, pop in shake and blend til frothy!

Back