Inspiring my self!

law3a3m

Gold Member
Hey anyone that casts their eyes over this!

I just felt the need to give myself a talking to! I've been doing SW EE for 8 weeks and have lost 1st 10lb. I'm pleased and surprised about how quickly it's come off but my mind is starting to betray me lol.
From the start of this 'diet' (am reluctant to use that word as I want this to be a lifestyle change but at the moment that's how I'm viewing things) I have raved about how good it is to friends my OH my family- basically anybody that would listen! I never felt hungry, never felt deprived and felt so in control it was refreshing.
But....for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on the past 2 weeks have been so tough. I've stuck to plan and lost 1/2 stone in the last 2 weigh ins but it has felt like a diet. All I can think about is pick and mix sweets, naughty greasy pizza and Ben and jerrys- foods that havent even registered on my radar for previous weeks. I feel hungry quite a lot, even though im eating the same foods and I'm finding the 1/3 superfree increasingly hard.
The frustrating thing is- I WANT to lose weight, I NEED to be healthy and my desires have never wavered. I'm just in a bit of a funk and need to give myself a bit of a slap because I can picture myself hopping in the car, driving to Wilkinsons and spending a fiver on pick an mix! I'm not going off plan but I wish my mind would play ball with what I KNOW I want and need.....meh!
Sorry for any poor slimmer reading this and thinking 'get a grip woman!', that's exactly how I feel too!

Xx

Well, I'm in week one of restarting and I've been feeling the same. We must remember that fat and sugar is addictive and we are addicts. When we give it up, we get some of the same effects as anyone else giving up any addiction. I've been having terrible headaches and craving everything naughty. Just push through sweetie and soon you'll forget that you even felt like this xxxx

Thanks for all your comments gals i find this forum so supportive and reminds me that I'm not alone in these situations.
My boyfriend put it really well earlier today. We went for a walk and he went for an ice cream from the ice cream van and offered me one. Immediately I said no 'I can't have that'. He didn't push me but later on mentioned that it is unrealistic to think I'm never going to have an ice cream again. Same as not having the naughty pick and mix or pizza. I have a lot of weight to lose (6 more stone) and as he explained I need to be less hard on myself becUse that may take a couple of years to shed and im definitely gonna eat thoE things at some point. Life is about living and slimming world will fit into that xx

Girls let's remember we are taking the scenic route not the motorway to being a slimmer healthier self so if we stop off at the sweet shop or pub along the way that's fine because we'll be enjoying ourselves and back in the road in an hour or so!!

This is how I'm looking at life now because I'm sick if motorways and taking wring turns haha! Xxx

Let me be a cautionary tale lol

I joined SW in Sept. 2011 and by the week before Xmas I had lost over 2st. Of course being Xmas I went off plan completely and gained 6lb in two weeks, which wasn't so bad considering I lost it the week later, but I found it so, so hard getting back to SW after being off plan over the holidays. So I had a good week, and then a bad week, and a good week, and a bad week. So it went for 8 months, in which I only lost 1st. I recently gave myself a good talking to and decided I don't want to still be here in two years' time still trying to lose. So in the past month I've lost another stone, taking me almost to a 4st loss, and with 5st left to lose, I have to keep my head on straight. I'm being super good this week, since I have a night out on Sunday, for which I will use 30 syns and no more. I've planned a syn-free day on Monday to pull it back and hopefully get the 2lb I need for my 4st on Tuesday.

Don't do what I did. I could have been almost at target by now, and it makes me so angry with myself that I wasted 8 months on one stone, just by giving in to those cravings. It's not worth it.

emilyb86 said:
Girls let's remember we are taking the scenic route not the motorway to being a slimmer healthier self so if we stop off at the sweet shop or pub along the way that's fine because we'll be enjoying ourselves and back in the road in an hour or so!!

This is how I'm looking at life now because I'm sick if motorways and taking wring turns haha! Xxx

I really like that description! I think I'll use that for myself :)

Back