Insult or compliment?

Busybee

Silver Member
Hi all
I have just had my haircut to now include a fringe. My hair is very dark brown and quite sleek looking. I went into work today feeling on top of the world etc to be met by one of my work colleagues who said I looked like Dawn French. I was gobsmacked and not very happy to say the least. In my head I think he associates me with Dawn French because of her size, so I feel miserable now. And then to top it all I now feel worse because I always thought Dawn as beautiful and yet my first reaction was to feel insulted not complimented. What do you all think, compliment or insult to be likened to Dawn French.:confused:

I don't think he meant it to be insulting duck. She has got dark hair with a fringe so he was probably just referring to her hairstyle not her size. DF is always quite nicely dressed and made up anyway, if he was going to be really insulting he could have come up with someone worse than her - Jo Brand for example! Cheer up and enjoy your haircut, he was probably just being admiring.

Compliment, she is a very good looking funny woman.

I always take everything as a compliment, stops me feeling down!!

Theresa x

Absolutely a compliment, I think she is really pretty too.

I bet your hair looks gorgeous. x

Oh my god i love dawn french!

They probably were commenting on her hair though - she has beautiful hair that is always shiny and sleek ( apart from in lark rise to candleford but she was fantastic in that too!).

Imagine being married to lenny henry!

teeheehee xxx

Definately a compliment - she's a beauty!!

I also love Dawn French, hilarious, real, pretty and great hair, I'd be chuffed if someone said I looked like her after having a similar haircut!

Mares x x

Dawn French is amazing! She is so pretty and although she is a larger lady she works it well.

Being called Dawn French is definately a compliment if it's aimed at the facial region!

I understand your dilema. I think I'd feel the same. Dawn French is a lovely looking women, but when you say her name you do associate it with her weight. I wouldn't think about it too much. You'll drive yourself mad. Just take it as a compliment.x

p.s I love my fringe too. Had it done a couple of months ago.

totally agree with everyone else. I bet your new hair looks fab, i have been thinking about getting a fringe too but worried bout it getin in my eyes!!

I need to get a fringe cut but I worry that the change might be too much. It's not a subtle thing to do and I'm not sure that I'm brave enough

Shazpaz, your fringe looks gorgeous. I had mine cut in as I wanted to try something new and lift my dwindling spirits, which it has as today is day 2 of SS and I am feeling totally in the zone.

I want a fringe :(

I have a five head :D xx

Compliment - she is very attractive, has beautiful hair and is funny too - ok she's overweight, but carries it off well because you see the other attributes first. Take it as a compliment. Someone (Dieting queen) thinks I look like Judy Finnegan!!!

you have beautiful hair blue grapefruit, don't you be cutting it:D
Taz, I just went for it but I am lucky, my hair grows very fast so if I don't like it, it will be grown out quickly!

Compliment - she is very attractive, has beautiful hair and is funny too - ok she's overweight, but carries it off well because you see the other attributes first. Take it as a compliment. Someone (Dieting queen) thinks I look like Judy Finnegan!!!

She would say this - proxy mother and all

you have beautiful hair blue grapefruit, don't you be cutting it:D

i wont - too scared :)

xxx

Shazpaz, your fringe looks gorgeous. I had mine cut in as I wanted to try something new and lift my dwindling spirits, which it has as today is day 2 of SS and I am feeling totally in the zone.

Thanks hun. Stick with it.

Blue Grapefruit. You have got lovely hair. I wouldnt have one if I had hair like yours. Mine is quite thin and silky, so on a round face with no fringe it wasn't flattering, plus I've a really high forehead, plus I've got a deep frown line down the middle of my forehead and now its magically gone LOL. I had lots of reasons, your hair is lovely (and so is your forehead).

Im often compared to Dawn French but I also know loadsa men that fancy the knickers off her so dont worry. i was even gonna go to a fancy dress party as the vicar of dibley cos its an easy costume! take it as a compliment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh god definately a compliment! I can honestly say that when you ask a very large number of men who there secret crushes are, one of those women they say is her!!! Shes gorgeous. xx

Back