Interesting developments

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
Hi folks

How are you all this week? Sorry I've not had time to pop in, have been running around like a blue @rsed fly all week preparing for my dad's funeral on Tuesday :(

I had a blip on Wednesday night I just wanted to tell you about. I was lying in bed contemplating the news about my dad and suddenly decided that I wanted some crisps. I wasn't hungry, I just wanted them so I had them, 3 bags to be exact O.O lmao!! I didn't feel the slightest bit guilty and when I woke on Thursday morning I started as though I had never eaten them and to be honest I don't think I was even out of ketosis since I still had/have zero appetite.

So there you have it, I caved, I cheated but I got straight back on the wagon again like it never happened. There was one moment when I thought "Oooh, I could just stay off til after the funeral then I can have some lovely Scottish chippies while I'm up there" but I quickly knocked that evil wicked idea from my head haha I knew that would be a fast track to ruin.

I went to the pharmacy on Friday and swapped a load of shakes for flapjacks (which I curiously quite enjoy, although the coconut one isn't as nice) and am going to take those with me to make life a bit easier while I'm away.

Also, in other news, I was at the hairdressesr on Saturday and decided to do something funky with my hair, the piccie you can now see under my name is the result, blonde and purple/pink, and I love it!! I may be getting older but I felt it was about time I let my inner rock chick show hehe Never imagined I'd ever be brave enough... thanks LT!!!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Take care *hugs* ^.^

Hi Cookeh
I know you're going through a tough time and it was good that you confessed. You do know that it's not on though don't you? I mean - really not on!!!!
I'm sure we'll all be thinking about you on Tuesday though. Hope it all goes well. Keep away from the food: TFR is TFR.

Jon
xx

Your hair looks fab honey! Pity about he blip but well done getting back on the shakes straight away! I hope your Dad's funeral goes well(wat a strange thing to say, but i know things aren't the best with your mum so I hope that meeting goes well).

Just focus on the future now i could kick you for having them crisps and to be honest i doubt your still in ketosis its prob the grief making your appetite go. Stay strong and away from crisps and food in general its a bad road to go down especially since you didnt feel guilty, I felt guilty for putting my finger in my mouth by accident once while cooking. I think your head is out in space with everything thats happened but the guilt mite hit you at some stage so stay away from food. Glad you like the flapjacks they will most definitely make things easier coz you can just pull one out if your close to caving whereas the shakes take time and effort to make.

Nothing more i can say i guess. glad your back on track. xxxxx

Thanks for the replies and yes, of course I know it's not on. When I said I didn't feel guilty what I meant was I wanted it, I had it, I knew what I was doing and why and I just went with it because I felt I needed it at that moment. I took responsibility for what I did but felt there was no point in feeling guilty because what's done is done and it'd be wasted energy.

I definitely think I am still in ketosis because I have the distinct ketone aroma going on heh. This was probably a fluke though and I wouldn't dare eat and think I could get away with it, it was purely a one off.

Am in the right frame of mind to tackle my trip and the funeral, despite my family meeting making me nervous, and I'll see you folks back here on Wednesday to report this weeks (hopefully) weightloss.

I understand what you mean now hun! Good Luck with everything and at least your in a good frame of mind. xxxx

You're right not to feel guilty - no point! Onwards and upwards Cookeh - no looking back.
See you on here Wednesday

Jon
xx

Cookeh, it's over and done with and as you say, you knew exactly what you were doing so no regrets on that front. Glad to see you did something nice for ourself, i.e. the hair. It is definitely a great look. Good for you. The flapjacks while gross are very hande when out and about. I find them handy but break them up into little pieces as I don't like a big bite of them.
Hope the funeral is not too draining on you. Emotions all round will be high but you will get through. Take care.

Back