Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Interesting..sleep habits and weight gain!

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by binnybee3, 25 January 2011 Social URL.

1. binnybee3

binnybee3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I read this and thought I'd share it with whoever was interested. Lol. As I constantly feel sleep deprived...sometimes I only use to get a couple hours of sleep..and I always said I needed it....

"According to the results of the largest ever study to track the effects of sleep habits on weight gain, women who sleep 5 hours a night are 32% more likely to experience major weight gain (an increase of 33 pounds or more) and 15% more likely to become obese than those who sleep 7 hours a night. The study looked at the snoozing habits of nearly 70,000 women over a period of 16 years and found that even when those that slept for an average of 5 hours a night ate less, they still gained more weight than those who slept for a couple of hours more. Why? No one really knows. The ability of sleep deprivation to raise cortisol levels - the stress hormone which can stimulate hunger and depress the hormone leptin which causes the body to crave carbohydrates is one theory. Others suggest that a lack of sleep can depress the metabolic rate and reduce activity patterns during the day."​

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Emma

*Emma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, that is interesting! I've got the opposite problem, I often sleep too much, so does that mean I should find it easier to lose weight?! Lol. Wishful thinking maybe! :)

4. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    19lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    Thats me, i find it so hard to sleep some nights, i go through phases where i just cant sleep at all.. Then others where i sleep much better!!

5. binnybee3

binnybee3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Oh I know..When I was a nanny I use to get 4 hours of sleep or less every night and work 13/14 hour days..6 days a week..and right after they decided I was no longer needed it jumped to the other way around!! 12 to 13 hours of sleep..but that didnt make me feel too good either. I find if I dont get the exact right amount of sleep..I wake up with a horrible headache..lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.