Intermittent fasting

littlemiss

Silver Member
Anyone doing this?

I've been kind of doing it anyway but plan to start tomorrow, if anyone has any stories on any types of fasting?

:)

Anyone doing this?

I've been kind of doing it anyway but plan to start tomorrow, if anyone has any stories on any types of fasting?

:)

What plan are you actually doing? A couple of my friends have been eating 1600 cals within a 5 or 6 hour time slot in each 24hr period and have had good results, so I decided to give it a go. I'm on day 2, so I'll see how I go.

Good luck! X

I'm doing JUDDD, which is alternate eating day, fasting day. Tons of info online or on the JUDDD page in Minimins.

G x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No its not JUDD i'm doing, its 12 hours fasting a day. Its working really well so far, today was day 3, majority of the time is spent sleeping so its not too bad!! :)

Sounds good-suppose bit like JUDDD in that the fasting results in weight loss. U following a program or playing by ear. If so-what's it called, I'm pretty interested in reading up on these now

G x

Just thought i'd update. I've now completed a full week doing 12 hours fasting a day, I did try & start doing 14 but it was too difficult for the first week, i'm thinking another full week 12 then try going up to 14. I've been stopping eating at around 10pm at night & not starting until 10am, and eat normal for rest of the day, except ive just been having a brunch coz its easier with being in work. So I have my first weigh in tomoz, i'll let you all know how I get on.

Getting fit,

Is a 16 hr fast how you lost all your weight and got to target?
I think I could do 16 hours no bother. What was your cal intake during eating hours? Hope u don't mind me asking, just the last 7-12 lbs to go, which is taking forever!

Little miss,
Hope your weigh in went well

G x

I lost 3lbs!!!

I managed a full week, 12 hours each day, and towards the end of the week, the start of the week the hunger pains were terrible, almost like bad cramp, but after about 3 days...no bother at all, I dont even get hungry now. Im definately gonna up my hours too.

i've not lost 3lbs in ages, and my eating has been exactly the same, except I have a late breakfast now.

That's really fab-well done you!!

I'm doing JUDDD but my down days are not getting any easier.
I defo think I could fast from 8pm-midday. During the eating window are you counting cals, and if so how many?

G x

Nope i've been eating as normal, including crisps biscuits ect, not excessive but i have a few treats every day, but as of Monday im gona try restricting those things & seeing if any difference. And yeah its easy when you think of it...8pm til 8am or 8pm til 10am (this is what i'll be doing next week)

I did 8pm-3pm yesterday. I'm aiming for 8pm-midday, for a week to see how it goes. I've done a little 'schedule' for calories allowed making some days UP and some Down, similar to JUDDD but trying to average out at 1200 cals a day-over a week. Just found 500 cals a day far too difficult.

Glad it's working for you, fingers crossed ?

G x

Your doing amazing. And your managing more hours fasting than me!! How does it feel, are you very hungry in the evening/mornings? I duno if maybe 16 hours is too much. What I read said 16 for male & 14 for females (im presuming your female, cant see your pic very well) I did 12 all last week but it was easier than I thought so thinking of going up to 14 as of tomoz. I also have my 2nd weigh in tomoz so i'll let you know how I get on.

I think night time is the worst, If I can eat dinner then have something at 10pm then fast from then onwards it would be fine. I hate going to bed hungry more than anything else.

Oh and i'm gona be keeping a closer eye on my food this week.

Good luck!!!

I have 3 kids so mornings are messy?. Skipping breakfast amid the mayhem is easy. Then I work til 12-1pm so coffee/water get me thru that easily enough.
I'm a nightmare then on-hence why I'm calorie counting instead of UD on JUDDD, if I'm told I can eat what I want I just go overboard.
I went over the cals a bit last night as ate out but will try and cut down throughout the week to average out ok.
Good luck for your weigh in.
If your doing something similar it be good to gee each other up?

G x

Your lifestyle sounds pretty similar to mine, getting up early, organising kids & getting myself to work, I leave in just enough time for school pick up, but the chaos continues for me, as I like to spend time with the baby when I get in & before dinner. Then after he's in bed thats me tidying, sorting for next day. Its from my sit down time until bed time thats my problem, oh and when i'm bored in work. OH and I lost 1lb, i'm happy with that. Thats 4lbs in 2 weeks & still eating as normal, I need to step it up a gear tho, I need to stop eating so much rubbish. I Found when I lost my weight that the odd night out eating, or take away has no effect at all on weight loss of the week, i'd do that almost weekly & was losing 1/2lbs a week. xxxxx

Well done on the weight loss. Anything off is great-keep it up.

I'm on 800 cals today and tomoz-weigh in Friday. The fasting is ok actually.

My day isn't as frantic as it was, my kids are 16/12/6-so apart from mornings-they can do some stuff on their own. The younger years are tougher!

G x

littlemiss said:
I lost 3lbs!!!

I managed a full week, 12 hours each day, and towards the end of the week, the start of the week the hunger pains were terrible, almost like bad cramp, but after about 3 days...no bother at all, I dont even get hungry now. Im definately gonna up my hours too.

i've not lost 3lbs in ages, and my eating has been exactly the same, except I have a late breakfast now.

Hi can u tell me that when u fast do u drink tea or coffee or anything low cal ?

Hi all

I'm thinking of starting this new way of eating. I want to lose around 1 stone. I am thinking about having my eating window from 12.30 to 7:30. I'm hoping this is the new start to a new me.

Back