Internet....

nictastic

Says it as it is!!!
Internet dating.... has ayone tried it and found love that lasted?
I have dated 3 people off the internet, and the last one i thought...well, maybe he was the one, but alas i was wrong!

What are your experiences?
Do you think its geeky or strange?

Personally I've always been very wary of meeting people from the Internet, but that's just me and I know of loads of people who have done it. Someone I know met her chap online and they've been together now for about a year and a half. It's long distance but they don't seem to mind and are planning on moving in together. I'd be happy for her but it's that bint from work so I ain't lol.

Internet dating.... has ayone tried it and found love that lasted?
I have dated 3 people off the internet, and the last one i thought...well, maybe he was the one, but alas i was wrong!

What are your experiences?
Do you think its geeky or strange?

I haven't but I know people who have, I certainly don't believe it's geeky or strange - people lead such busy lives these days, work away, are shy etc it's difficult to get out - the internet allows you to relax, get chatting and actually get to know eachother without any sexual overtones, before you start exchanging piccies. I initially met my OH over the telephone and over a 4 month period, we talked about everything as friends, he knew more about me than alot of my exes as there was no sexual tension - I was v nervous then to meet him as often voices can be deceptive - I was lucky, we were both attached though which was the difficult bit. So back to You You You - carry on if that's they way you want to do it, who are we to judge- have you seen some of the single men out there:eek: stay indoors and online, he'll be there... Mr Icon - get it 'icon' !:D:D

I am not a bit embarrsed about it and think its better than the old norm.. obviously i was very careful, met where i decided, took reg number & txtd my sister every 15 mins to let her know i was ok!...lots of toilet trips hehe

Lol 2hg...you hit the nail on the head for me... i love to get to know people first! I ask everything!
I have never pulled in a club or a bar..just seems wrong. Pi55ed up havent got a clue...they could be anyone! Its always been someone from work...bosses ex husband oops etc
Wierd i relate to you story sooo much... i chatted to my ex phil for almost 7 months before we met.. (he was gorg btw) we had told each other everything.. i loved it..kinda knowing what to expect...when i first went to meet him (for which he had driven 125 and paid over £80 for a hotel room, mmm, a hotel which was 2 mins away from my house ..cheap skate arent i )i was sooo nervous..but after the inital 5 mins .. it was like we had known each other for years!! love at first 'real life' sight! gutted he had a mad ex ...but we are still very very good mates so i am lucky i met him!

Mad ex's. We should kill them all. J's ex used to phone him up at about 7am every morning when he stayed at mine. I could have killed her. Luckily she doesn't do it any more!

must admit i have tought about it, and registered with a couple this week but it just doesnt seem right, to me!

I have had 1 blind date set up by friends and I have had 2 dates from online dating sites and 2 from poker sites.

I do find them the most uncomfortable experiences - I always feel let down when I see the guy.

The blind date was very awkward and no attraction whatsoever.
The first online date was just like the blind date but the guy wouldnt stop emailing for ages - I had to block him.
The 2nd online date was OK - but the guy decided to be totally truthful and tell me his whole drug dealing history, plus he was so into clubbing and taking drugs - so I wasnt going to take that further but TBH he is on my msn friends list and we talk alot and he even called me up one night and asked me to go to scissors sister concert with him cos his date had dropped him and he had a spare ticket! so we are still friends.
The first poker date was with a scottish guy I met playing poker online - i thought i was going to really like him but when i met him i didnt like him at all, i felt really let down and upset for some reason.
The 2nd poker date was with a norweigan professional poker player - we actually had a relationship for a few months - but it fizzled out.

I dont think I will ever date anyone from online again. I rarely feel chemistry with any guy - and the emotional stress of going on dates and taking one look at the guy and feeling your heart sink and then knwoing you have to spend hours with the guy... oh I cant stand it - I think it is such a let down experience.

I think im very fortunate I like poker as I get to meet so many men. The only bad thing about going to the same poker club is that you really cant try them out - or else I will get a bad name. I have went on secret date with one guy - we went out last weekend - but we decided not to see eachother again because we dont think we will last and we dont want to ruin our relationship in the poker room. The attraction we have for eachother is off the scale chemistry. I feel so frustrated about the situation. The main reason we decided not to date is because we live 30 miles apart and for some reason on our first date this became a major issue and both of us decided not to put the effort in... so weird when we are like both so into eachother... the chemistry was unreal. I cant figure out what happened - dont know if it was just so intense and we just got freaked out by the emotions. I havent felt so much for like years and he has never had a GF - he is 26...

sorry for writing so much about this... lol just want to get it off my chest!

Never done a date when i haven't seen the person first ...both in a picture and using web cam...i can understand how wierd that would be ...I think i would walk out or go to the loo and get someone to phone me with a 'family emergency' if he was soooo not right lol..is that wrong?:D

I think im very fortunate I like poker as I get to meet so many men. The only bad thing about going to the same poker club is that you really cant try them out - or else I will get a bad name
Massive shame...this made me chuckle a wee bit!

As for the other situation... i think you know yourself it wouldn't work, but, i know how hard it is to get it out of your system when you really have that intense spark and butterflies with someone xxx
'everything happens for a reason' even if its not apparent now...there will be a reason! Hopefully you will met the man of your dreams soon and thats why it didnt work...cause if you got with Mr Wrong, Mr Right would never have found you!
Big kisses xx

I have had 1 blind date set up by friends and I have had 2 dates from online dating sites and 2 from poker sites.

I do find them the most uncomfortable experiences - I always feel let down when I see the guy.

The blind date was very awkward and no attraction whatsoever.
The first online date was just like the blind date but the guy wouldnt stop emailing for ages - I had to block him.
The 2nd online date was OK - but the guy decided to be totally truthful and tell me his whole drug dealing history, plus he was so into clubbing and taking drugs - so I wasnt going to take that further but TBH he is on my msn friends list and we talk alot and he even called me up one night and asked me to go to scissors sister concert with him cos his date had dropped him and he had a spare ticket! so we are still friends.
The first poker date was with a scottish guy I met playing poker online - i thought i was going to really like him but when i met him i didnt like him at all, i felt really let down and upset for some reason.
The 2nd poker date was with a norweigan professional poker player - we actually had a relationship for a few months - but it fizzled out.

I dont think I will ever date anyone from online again. I rarely feel chemistry with any guy - and the emotional stress of going on dates and taking one look at the guy and feeling your heart sink and then knwoing you have to spend hours with the guy... oh I cant stand it - I think it is such a let down experience.

I think im very fortunate I like poker as I get to meet so many men. The only bad thing about going to the same poker club is that you really cant try them out - or else I will get a bad name. I have went on secret date with one guy - we went out last weekend - but we decided not to see eachother again because we dont think we will last and we dont want to ruin our relationship in the poker room. The attraction we have for eachother is off the scale chemistry. I feel so frustrated about the situation. The main reason we decided not to date is because we live 30 miles apart and for some reason on our first date this became a major issue and both of us decided not to put the effort in... so weird when we are like both so into eachother... the chemistry was unreal. I cant figure out what happened - dont know if it was just so intense and we just got freaked out by the emotions. I havent felt so much for like years and he has never had a GF - he is 26...

sorry for writing so much about this... lol just want to get it off my chest!

Hey Julz... sorry it's not worked out for you - it's amazing at all that we find someone who we feel that we can live with, let alone marry - I believe in luck and fate - there will be someone out there at a time and place for you, Nic and all those looking for love - sounds mushy but I have met some lovely men, they were Mr Right, right then - I have my Mr Right, right now...he's out there for you -honest... :cupid::cupid::cupid:

Hey Julz... sorry it's not worked out for you - it's amazing at all that we find someone who we feel that we can live with, let alone marry - I believe in luck and fate - there will be someone out there at a time and place for you, Nic and all those looking for love - sounds mushy but I have met some lovely men, they were Mr Right, right then - I have my Mr Right, right now...he's out there for you -honest... :cupid::cupid::cupid:
Awww lovely!!
I want to find Mr Right now and forever!!!! Want to grow old together and still be walking down the street at 72 holding hands, while people coo and say 'awww, isnt it sweet!'

have I to forget that blind date then Julz ;-p xxx

Awww lovely!!
I want to find Mr Right now and forever!!!! Want to grow old together and still be walking down the street at 72 holding hands, while people coo and say 'awww, isnt it sweet!'

You can do it.... be positive, don't let your negative experiences hold you back from finding someone special:cool::cool:

hey xox

Never done a date when i haven't seen the person first ...both in a picture and using web cam...i can understand how wierd that would be ...I think i would walk out or go to the loo and get someone to phone me with a 'family emergency' if he was soooo not right lol..is that wrong?:D

I think im very fortunate I like poker as I get to meet so many men. The only bad thing about going to the same poker club is that you really cant try them out - or else I will get a bad name
Massive shame...this made me chuckle a wee bit!

As for the other situation... i think you know yourself it wouldn't work, but, i know how hard it is to get it out of your system when you really have that intense spark and butterflies with someone xxx
'everything happens for a reason' even if its not apparent now...there will be a reason! Hopefully you will met the man of your dreams soon and thats why it didnt work...cause if you got with Mr Wrong, Mr Right would never have found you!
Big kisses xx

Oh thanks nic - i know ur right - and i have been very good about the situation this last couple of days. Feel a lot more positive and just focusing on getting to the end of august and achieving my weight loss and business goals. Think I need to knock men on the head until I get this summmer over me.

Hope i get the butterfly feeling for mr right this year - then 2008 would be the best year of my whole life so far - as i will be slim and my business will be going well and i will have a lovely man! Wow - I started this year as a obese, business failing, smoker, unfashionable, single person... be nice to end it as a slim fashionable healthy living business woman with a sexy guy in her arm... wow sounds like a fairy tale! Dream come true for me if it happens xox

Must be so nice to have mr right - right now - thanks for ur kind words :) i know ur right - u almost made me cry :tear_drop: xxx

I met my Mr Right before internet dating was invented so have no experience to share with you. I do know someone whose OH left her for a women he met on the internet, although strictly speaking not through an internet dating site.

I think people are most likely to meet their OH when they least expect it. I fancied my OH's friend when I first met him (boy am I glad I didn't end up with him, he turned out to be a bit dodgy!!!!)

Good luck to all the singletons, I'm sure you will all find someone special soon.

x

Hope i get the butterfly feeling for mr right this year - then 2008 would be the best year of my whole life so far - as i will be slim and my business will be going well and i will have a lovely man! Wow - I started this year as a obese, business failing, smoker, unfashionable, single person... be nice to end it as a slim fashionable healthy living business woman with a sexy guy in her arm... wow sounds like a fairy tale! Dream come true for me if it happens xox
WOW....It will happen hun...How do i say this without sounding like a fortune cookie....if you want it hard enough, you will acheive it!

lol

have I to forget that blind date then Julz ;-p xxx

gaz if u posted a pic of u in that suit of yours i bet you would have soooo many requests for dates! u might as well give it a whirl - i reckon everything is easier for men - LT is easier and online dating is easier for men also!

BUT DEFFO GET THEIR PICTURES AND THEN REMEMBER THATS THE BEST PICTURE YOU HAVE AND PROBABLY AT LEAST 5 YEARS OLD AND THEY ARE PROBABLY 3 STONE HEAVIER. :D AND DONT GO TO EXPENSIVE RESTAURANTS COS IT WILL COST YOU A FORTUNE - A KFC WOULD BE COOL - THEN IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM YOU CAN EASILY CUT IT SORT!

xox

Back