Introducing Hattie !

slendablenda

Gold Member
Hello,
Thank you to everyone who has been sending me such lovely messages, prayers and vibes during my breast cancer treatment.
I had surgery in May and have now had 2 lots of chemo - 6 more to go, every 2 weeks.
Last Monday i could feel my hair sliding down my body in the shower and it collected around the plug hole like a furry dead animal ! ENOUGH I thought - the time has come. So I went to the hairdresser at lunchtime and had the rest shaved off.
Hattie had been waiting patiently in her box. We are now united - not all the time. I have another wig I haven't had the courage to wear yet. I fear it may be a little bit too long and luxuriant for a woman my age! :eek:
I also have some lovely scarves which I'm quite comfortable wearing.
I've changed my avatar to me and Hattie because that is what I look like now (on a good day!). OH took the pic last night. We went out to a pub for a couple of hours with some friends. It was lovely to feel normal.
I still thank LL every day - would I have found my lump if I still had the huge boobs I had before.....................???!!!

Lovin the Hattie look!! Very pretty!!! Glad you are feeling so positive about it.

I was thinking the other day this, what you are going through - and what others have - draws a poignant picture that the amount of hair we lose on this diet which concerns so many, is really nothing.

You brave beauty you!!!

I have so much admiration for you.

Hope to see you soon.

xxxxxxx

Aww... SB... You looked so glam before, and even more so now... :)

Mind you, I reckon you'd look glam in a black bin liner! ;) Love ya and huge hugs as always...

xxxxxxxxx

I am loving Hattie, looks very foxy. Good choice x

Looking good SB! Hope you're doing ok. Thinking of you and always remember you in my prayers xx

Very chic SB,your looking good as always.
Take care,thinking of you hun!!
Sexy xx

SB you look beautiful, Hattie is a stunner! x

Just made me pause to think when I saw this update..... Most worries even though they seem huge at the time really don't matter all that much.

So today after a bad day I am stopping to think how really very lucky I am.

God bless ( and that is whatever god or force you believe in) all those of us, especially our lovelySB who are facing stuff that really has impact.

After all peeps. As they say :- don't sweat the small stuff , and it us all small stuff xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Clara,
I'm finding it harder now. I had my third chemo last week and have been quite tired and down since then. It just seems to affect everything, but I know I'll get through it. I'm lucky I've got lots of great support and I do believe in God too.
Thank you everyone here for your good wishes, positive vibes and prayers- all gratefully received.
I've been watching your great de-cluttering progress - very impressive.
xx

Sorry to hear you are finding the chemo rough. Sadly to be expected, but it is a good sign that it is doing what it is meant to do. Glad you have the support to deal with it, as it can be a lonely old journey at the best of times.

Loving the de cluttering and cleaning thread. Haven't long moved into my home and still trying to find a place for eveything. I think I may still have a bit too much "everything". De cluttering the clothes is the next biggy ... I think that will wait till the new year, post lighter life.

Keep fighting the good fight cherub and know our best wishes and prayers are with you x

Sorry to hear the chemo is taking you bad just now but it does work & you will get better soon I am sure
My mum had chemo a few years ago & although whilst she was having the treatment she was really low she did pull through
Your wig is lovely as are you
Stay strong ((((Hugs))))

<<<<hugs>>> to you my beauty. :( I am sorry its geting tough - knew it would - but still, it sucks for you.

I am hoping my cold goes fully - I really would like to come see you soon for a good natter, even if its only a few words and just sitting quietly sipping coffee.

Will keep you posted as we get nearer the weekend.

Still have a very persistant cough, but that could be jut the dregs that take forever to go - but want to be absolutely sure.

xxxx

So sorry to hear the side affects have kicked ib, not nice but the power of it all is what you need to get better, tough times for you lovely lady, keep focussed on your goal, and it will be finished and worth it when you come out the other side.
Maybe set a goal for you and hubby to have a treat away when it all done, paris is lovely in the autumn/ winter? Nice weekend maybe on the train?
Sending you healing thoughts and hugs
Jx

Hi SB, Hattie is gorgeous and suits you !!! Hang in there with the chemo hun, you WILL get through it, you are a strong person.

One of my knitting group has been through her chemo and radiotherapy and is doing great - knitting is what kept her sane she said!!!

Is there anything I can knit for you? lol

I'm glad you have found such a good friend in Blonde Logic, she is a tonic in itself !!! Wish I lived closer to you both!!

Hugs and prayers x

Thanks Karma, I used to do a lot of knitting and crochet. I remember once when I lived in Saudi Arabia I knitted a mohair arran sweater! I had the air conditioning so cold my flat mates couldn't bear it.
It's a shame Northumberland is nowhere near the South Coast.
You could fly down here on your broomstick!

Thanks Karma, I used to do a lot of knitting and crochet. I remember once when I lived in Saudi Arabia I knitted a mohair arran sweater! I had the air conditioning so cold my flat mates couldn't bear it.
It's a shame Northumberland is nowhere near the South Coast.
You could fly down here on your broomstick!

Aran in mohair, in Saudi? OMG madness lol!!! Seriously, have a look at Ravely, it's a knitting and crochet community and very addictive!!!

And as for flying down on my broomstick.................. if only !!!! And it's blooming freezing up here !!

Back