Introducing me...

Nena

:)

Hello, just been browsing through and I thought I'd join and get the introductions over with! Be prepared, I'm known for my essays!

I'm Nena, I'm 23, from Northern Ireland and I've just started the Lipotrim programme. I decided to try it after a friend recommended it to me; I became a mum for the first time in 2005 and then again in 2007 (two gorgeous wee girls) and I found that I never quite lost any of the weight that I gained during and between pregnancies. I used to be about 9.5 stone, which at my height (5'3) is reasonable, and I've always wanted to rediscover that size as I was very happy with myself.

After giving birth to my second daughter in June this year, I did manage to lose some of the weight by myself. I went from 13.5 stone to 12 stone within six weeks just by eating healthily and exercising, but then I hit a snag and ever since the weight just seems to be sticking. Having just split up with my partner, I had to decide - do I let this spiral out of control now, or do I take some action and take the first step towards making myself happy? And so I chose Lipotrim.

I'm now on my second day, as is my friend. We started it together yesterday after planning to do so for about a week, with the intention of offering one another moral support and encouragement. We've barely been off the phone since, lol. We've both started at around 12 stone each with the wish to get down to 10 stone, perhaps a little less.

So far, I'm finding that it isn't too bad physically, but it's definitely a mental challenge, especially for someone with longstanding tendencies to comfort eat lol. I find preparing my toddler's meals to be the worst, the temptation to just nibble on some toast or have a spoonful of spaghetti is almost unbearable, but I'm sticking to my guns. I didn't enter into this programme lightly and I don't plan on going through the first week of hell only to give up.

Although it's early days, I'm finding that drinking plenty of water (always have a glass to hand) and lots of nice hot teas and coffees (peppermint tea really does work wonders, I was so relieved I could have this as I'm a tea maniac, I drink all kinds) is really pulling me through. I also find that a bit of variance on how you have the shakes also helps - I've had them all prepared cold, have tried them with ice, and I've had the chocolate hot as well as the vanilla hot with a dash of coffee. I had the soup for the first time tonight, and I don't think I've ever had anything that tasted so delicious, lol.

Anyway, wrapping up (god I can't half ramble!!) I'm glad to have found you guys and hope to offer as much support as I can, we're all in this game together!

:cool:

Hello Nena and congratulations on making the decision to change your life for the better!!

Its good that you have a friend also on LT as you will be able to provide the support to each other which is so important, especially during the first week which can be terribly hard.

2 stone will be gone in no time at all, and I am sure you will never regret doing this! Keep us all posted on how you get on!

Welcome Nena
Good luck with your weight loss , sorry to hear about your split with your OH ... I hope you are feeling strong and tackling your weight is a great way to get you back in control !

Welcome to the forum I hope you find all that you are looking for here

Hi Nena,

Brilliant introduction!! That was not a ramble at all, it was very inciteful !!

As Elle said two stone will be gone for you both in about 8 weeks which will fly in once you get going!! I am a bit of a fallen angel to be honest but im not leaving this site as its the only thing which is going to get me back on track again when I build myself up to it again!!

Well done on getting started from another wee doll from norn iron!

Hi Nena,

Just get through the first few days then you'll be flying. These guys on here are really helpful so any questions just ask. I've just started my second week and I can honestly say that I am NEVER hungery!!!

Good luck.
Sharonx:D

Welcome Nena...great to have another newbie on board...best of luck....this diet really works.....

Cheers for the warm welcome guys!

A special hello to ravenbeauty5 over the road in Antrim :).

Well, I'm just about done with day 3 so I'll go post about it on the Lipotrim sticky (if my youngest would ever let me sit for longer than five mins lol, teething is a nightmare!!).

Thanks again everyone - and would you believe since I started this post I've been up and down the stairs with a crying baby eight times!!!

Hiya and welcome to the forum......you seem to have settled well....lol.
We are a friendly bunch, and all in the same boat which is a great help. Wow you will get to your target in no time if you are pacing with a teething baby........poor you.
LT is a fab diet as long as you stick to it 100%...... good luck hun

Reactions: Bea
Thanks again folks!

Sonkie, I'm not exactly a seasoned veteran at this LT lark at only 5 days in lol, but I do have to agree, I think unless you're 100% committed you're at greater risk of disappointing yourself further down the line...so all guns blazing it is!

Many congrats btw on your loss, you certainly seem to know what you're doing.

How have you found the first few days....????

Hey Bea, I've got to say the first few days have been pretty tough going, but bearable nonetheless. I've had a lot of people ask me about the LT programme and I've said I'd highly recommend it, but to be prepared for a mental battle! My friend and I are both keeping at it, and we're giving each other lots of moral support which I think is crucial. So much the better for finding this place!:)

The hunger pangs definitely ease off, after that it's sheer will power (something I didn't even know I had, but then I think will power really comes to fore when it's something worth the fight).

Just interested to see how the whole thing pans out really, it's an enjoyable sort of a journey.

How are you going yourself?

Oh well done - first few days are the worst.....doing fine - I was in London for a few days and took a little break from LT for a few days and back SSing this week and its fine.....still on schedule for my December deadline..LOL!!!

Best of luck with the first weigh in ....its a real motivation....do you have much to loose???

Back