Introduction

jemmaa

Hi I have been doing the Cambridge diet on and off for the last 9 month and lost 4 and 1/2 stone which I pleased with but really want to stick to it now but it hard when go out with friends and family which make me slip off track then struggle to get back on it I need to loose another stone and a 1/2 to get near my target. I have PCOS which I have all the problem with this is the light's I been since 2003 and started to ovulate again which is fantastic as this hasn't happened for about 4 years. Dose any one have some suggestion you me to do to stay on track with the diet Jemma

Welcome Jemma, you your friends know what you are doing, you could ask them to not pressure you or help you out and you could bring your own foods.

Good luck

Well done for losing 4 1/2 stone so far.

Just remember why you doing this and think of what motivation.

Keep up the great work :D

Hey,

I can see why that would be hard. I just refuse to eat food's that I'm not going to eat to do the cambridge diet. So far I have refused a subway though my mum asked me about 12 times then sat and ate hers in front of me, also refused chocolate and bacon rolls. I'm lucky in that two friends are on this diet with me.

One of my friends told her mother a few days ago, she got back loads of messages of abuse. I think people just look at it from the view point that loosing that much weight in one week can't possibly be healthy and that not eating can't be healthy. They forget that drinking is still really a food.

Say you had your jaw broken and reset, all your food would be blended and drank though a straw, but somehow that would be ok, even if the food was fried, chips, and rubbish.

I assume that they are worried that this diet might hurt you. It can happen. I guess you just need to thank them for their concern but tell them that the diet is legally registered in the uk because it is a vlcd and they can be bad if not done right, and explain you have an consultant who takes time weekly just for you. Doesn't just pedal products but makes sure you are ok.

Have you mentioned that 100% of ALL your daily vitamins and minerals ie your 5 a day is in those shakes. Then ask if they eat their 5 a day. I find people do not have a healthy diet, or they are not overweight. So don't understand how hard and sole destroying it can be.

It's your choice to do this, for your own personal reasons. So even though they might not be as supportive as they could be, you can do this :)
Write a list of motivations for you, so when you need to you can look at it, and say no thank you, I'm choosing not to eat that, but you are more than welcome to.

Well done on your weightloss so far :) thats awesome. I think 4.5 stone is about the weight of a small child lol. I forget, I googled it before. I think the average weight for an 8 year old boy was 4 stone. So you could always find one, ask your friends and family to carry him about ALL day and see how they feel ;) lol

good luck :)

Back