• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Invitations - how to pass up without blowing your cover...

Why have three people suddenly invited me to 'catch up over lunch'?!! It's like a sixth sense!
any strategies for this? Or is 'can do coffee as am very busy' is the only option?!
Feel fine on the programme (only day 3 though:rolleyes:) but I don't want to tell anyone - just seems like tempting fate!!
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Cambridge Counsellor
I'm presuming you're Sole Sourcing, in which case it is a bit tricky. I didn't tell anyone at first, but then I was doing SS+ so was able to eat within reason in front of people.

If you want to see them and SS you could try things like

We've got a lunch at work that day, but I could meet you afterwards...
Someone brought in some cakes for her birthday & I'm really not hungry now...
I ate something dodgy last night & feel a bit unwell, so I'm just drinking water today
I'm going out for a really big dinner tonight so I'm saving up the calories.

Or you could arrange to meet them in a few weeks when you're safely in ketosis and have an Add-a Meal day/week when you fit them all in.
How about:-
I'm doing a bit of a detox after a heavy weekend
I'm having a big dinner tonight and I'm saving myself for that so just on fluids since breakfast
Dodgy tummy, cant face eating
I have my period the cramps are turning me right off me food

xPink Princess!x
just say how about we make it a coffee lunch a quick catch up as you've got a lot going on at the moment!

or periods! or not feeling too well! or just say maybe some next time im sure they'll understand if you say you're busy
Yep the old headache one works everytime for most occasions lmao