Invitations - how to pass up without blowing your cover...

Why have three people suddenly invited me to 'catch up over lunch'?!! It's like a sixth sense!
any strategies for this? Or is 'can do coffee as am very busy' is the only option?!
Feel fine on the programme (only day 3 though:rolleyes:) but I don't want to tell anyone - just seems like tempting fate!!
TMIWtB x

I'm presuming you're Sole Sourcing, in which case it is a bit tricky. I didn't tell anyone at first, but then I was doing SS+ so was able to eat within reason in front of people.

If you want to see them and SS you could try things like

We've got a lunch at work that day, but I could meet you afterwards...
Someone brought in some cakes for her birthday & I'm really not hungry now...
I ate something dodgy last night & feel a bit unwell, so I'm just drinking water today
I'm going out for a really big dinner tonight so I'm saving up the calories.

Or you could arrange to meet them in a few weeks when you're safely in ketosis and have an Add-a Meal day/week when you fit them all in.

How about:-
I'm doing a bit of a detox after a heavy weekend
I'm having a big dinner tonight and I'm saving myself for that so just on fluids since breakfast
Dodgy tummy, cant face eating
I have my period the cramps are turning me right off me food

just say how about we make it a coffee lunch a quick catch up as you've got a lot going on at the moment!

or periods! or not feeling too well! or just say maybe some next time im sure they'll understand if you say you're busy

Sorry i have a headache LOL!

Yep the old headache one works everytime for most occasions lmao

dodgy tummy, headache or avoiding lunch and going for coffee usually works for me

Back