Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi everyone- Great to see everyone doing so well- was MIA for a couple of weeks- computer died!! How you all getting on? I have been good and bad- weight going down slowly - so am happy enough- it not going up!! And can still eat rings round me- lol

Hi girls :D Can I join in here please? Started SW about 3 weeks ago and have so far lost 8lb (got my shiny half stone sticker on Tuesday!).
You girls all seem to be doing great, some fantastic weight losses! I'm having a bit of an off day today as I just want to eat rings around me :confused: Haven't given in too much though and i've only used 3 syns so far. That means I can look forward to an Alpen Light bar with a cuppa later :D
Look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi girls :D Can I join in here please? Started SW about 3 weeks ago and have so far lost 8lb (got my shiny half stone sticker on Tuesday!).
You girls all seem to be doing great, some fantastic weight losses! I'm having a bit of an off day today as I just want to eat rings around me :confused: Haven't given in too much though and i've only used 3 syns so far. That means I can look forward to an Alpen Light bar with a cuppa later :D
Look forward to chatting with you all.

hey hun. of course u can join :) well done on the half stone award your doing great! i weigh in on tuesdays too. gained 1.5 lbs this week but was a rough week and im back on track since yesterday. hoping for 3 lbs this week :cross:

Hey everyone, I just signed up to the website tonight - so am still not sure what I'll be at, but sure I suppose I'll figure it out as I go along!

I could do with losing around 4 stone, but for now, I'm aiming for one stone by the time my three month subscription is up! Am too tired to go back and check you all out tonight - but I'll go about that tomorrow!

Hey everyone, I just signed up to the website tonight - so am still not sure what I'll be at, but sure I suppose I'll figure it out as I go along!

I could do with losing around 4 stone, but for now, I'm aiming for one stone by the time my three month subscription is up! Am too tired to go back and check you all out tonight - but I'll go about that tomorrow!

hey hun :welcome2: dont worry you'll find your way around easy enough :) i need to lose 4 st 2 lbs so we're in the same boat. well ive lost half of mine now and it didnt take long (13 wks) so you'll be well on your way in no time! xxx

Hey guys im from Co Down! Was here last year and lost 1 stone. Its now pretty much back on again! So im back!!! Need to realistically lose about 6 stone!!!

Nice to see so many from Ireland on here. :D

hiya :) theres lots of irish here, we're everywhere :D welcome back to sw! are u going to classes? xxx

aislingb said:
hey hun :welcome2: dont worry you'll find your way around easy enough :) i need to lose 4 st 2 lbs so we're in the same boat. well ive lost half of mine now and it didnt take long (13 wks) so you'll be well on your way in no time! xxx

Thanks a mill for the warm welcome, it's pretty daunting starting off!!
Are you telling me that you lost 2 stone in 13 weeks???

Welcome sus murph!! Have been doin sw for 2 weeks so am pretty new to the whole thing too but Everyone here is so helpful and friendly I have found it brill!!!

Had a great first week and lost 12lbs but sts at weigh in last tues, got frustrated and had a takeaway!! Glad to say I am back on the wagon with full force!!

Thanks a mill for the warm welcome, it's pretty daunting starting off!!
Are you telling me that you lost 2 stone in 13 weeks???

yeah 2 st 1 lb in 13 weeks.. well actually it was 2st 2.5 lbs but i gained 1.5 lbs this week. my father in law died and it was so much hassle trying to get my husband back to turkey and i couldnt go. just stress and lived on takeaways that week..oops!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome Aisling :D
Hi to sus-murf and sallyannetag!!

Hope everyone's doing well this week end. I'm tempted to have a few drinkies tonight. I haven't used all my syns all week and could do with a night out :D WI not til Tuesday so I should be ok.

Oh, just a quick question for you girls. Does anyone know what the lowest syn sausages are that can be got over here? I couldn't find the Tesco healthy living cumberland in my local store and I heard they're only 1 syn :( I just hate wasting 2.5 syns on a sausage cos I always need at least 2, lol.

I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. 2 stone though, that's inspirational! I'm not starting full scale till after the weekend - I need to get shopping and make sure I have everything I need - I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Thank you thats lovely :) im sure you'll do great xx

Thanks for the welcome Aisling :D
Hi to sus-murf and sallyannetag!!

Hope everyone's doing well this week end. I'm tempted to have a few drinkies tonight. I haven't used all my syns all week and could do with a night out :D WI not til Tuesday so I should be ok.

Oh, just a quick question for you girls. Does anyone know what the lowest syn sausages are that can be got over here? I couldn't find the Tesco healthy living cumberland in my local store and I heard they're only 1 syn :( I just hate wasting 2.5 syns on a sausage cos I always need at least 2, lol.

heya.. ive been doing great all week better have 3 lbs off this tuesday or else :p havent a clue about the sauages hun sorry. i actually havent eaten one since i started! enjoy the rest of your wknd. hopefully we'll have good results tuesday ;) xxx

Sorry hon have no idea bout the sausages either!! I am avoiding them like the plague!!

Have had 2 100% days since I fell off the wagon after my weigh in!! :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, I'm in work all weekend :-( ah well at least I was organised and brought all my food with me so I can stay on plan

Are you anywhere near Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas? The butchers in there whose name totally escapes me is SW friendly. They do 1 syn sausages and they are lovely.

Are you anywhere near Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas? The butchers in there whose name totally escapes me is SW friendly. They do 1 syn sausages and they are lovely.

Thanks for that xxlisaxx :D I'm about 25 minutes from Finglas but a friend of mine is there every Saturday so i'll ask her to check it out for me.
WI tomorrow for me and i'm just after stuffing my face with Singapore spicy chow mein from the chinese :sigh: I was out all day and too hungry to cook when I got home. Hope it doesn't affect me too much tomorrow now. It was within my syn allowance though so fingers crossed!!

You acn't uneat what you've eaten :)

I love that - I do tend to beat myself up a bit about my slip ups, I don't know, it's like I expect to see results instantly when I've only just started! But I'm getting such motivation from this site - so many people just getting on with their weight loss - it's inspirational!

One quick question though - does anyone know where I would get mustard powder? Loads of recipes call for it and I haven't seen in anywhere....

Hi There do you mind if I join in, just went to first Slimming World class tonight, want to make it work but its sooo much to take in! Was going to ww on and off for the last 6 years so its time to give something new a go! You all seem to be doing so well so hopefully I can finally get this weight off for good , my class tonight was almost 2 hours long though is that normal??

Back