Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi There do you mind if I join in, just went to first Slimming World class tonight, want to make it work but its sooo much to take in! Was going to ww on and off for the last 6 years so its time to give something new a go! You all seem to be doing so well so hopefully I can finally get this weight off for good , my class tonight was almost 2 hours long though is that normal??

Our class is usually about 1hour 30minutes it depends on how many are in your group! The first night is always very long cause there is so much to take in -Its a brilliant plan good luck with it. :)

Thanks a mil I'm feeling very positive about the plan and hubby has decided he is going to join in so will have lots of support at home too -well done with your 19.5lb off !

Hey all, I'm in kildare, joined sw 6 weeks ago, just found this thread today!!
A lot of people in our class were looking for quark but couldn't get it, but our consultant told us how to make it ourselves...one pot of fat free natural yogurt 1/4 tsp salt mixed in, put a sieve lined with kitchen paper over a bowl, pour yogurt in and leave overnight, in the morning what left in the sieve is quark!! I've done it a few times and it works really well.
@sus_murf, you should be able to get Colemans mustard powder in Tesco, I pick some up there recently.

I usually use half a large tub of yogurt, the liquid just drains off and you're left with a little less volume but not far off the amount you started with!

Hi to all the newcomers!!

Poppy, that's great to know about the quark. I searched everywhere for some when I first joined with no luck but then I stumbled across it by accident in my local Euro Spar. Might be worth a try for you guys if you have a store nearby.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I got my stone award last week and I was chuffed to bits as well as being completely shocked. I'd had two bad weekends before that and had missed the previous weigh in so was really expecting a gain. I'm not complaining though :D Just hope it doesn't catch up with me now on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hiya girls. its great to find you all on here.. i have got my first stone off last week..i was so happy. i need to loose 4 more to get to target..i love slimming world. its great that you can eat normal healthy food and loose weight. the whole family have changed the way we eat..i like trying all the new recipes...i know you can get lovely meaty sausages in some butchers who make slimming world ones.

Not down in Cork anyway I'd say - there's not much down here for Slimming World - because there are no classes here! The WW sausages are low in syns though and not too bad. Wouldn't bother with them normally, but I got them once for a bbq.

Am delighted to hear about the quark, I'm going to try make it tonight! I've passed up on a couple of recipes because I can't get it!

Morning ladies. Mind if I join in?

My name is Liz and I live in North Cork. I'm a mum of 1 absolutely adorable, but very energetic toddler son. I've been a yo-yo dieter for as long as I can remember. About 6 years back I weighed in at just under 9 stone, about 2 years later I was over 12 stone, then was just under 10 stone when I got married, and well between changing jobs, moving house, having a baby etc, I've somehow found myself at my heaviest ever.

I see there are a few of us from Cork. Slight disaster that there are no classes in the area yet, but hopefully we'll get them soon.
I've been doing Slimming World for just over 3 months using the on-line subscription, but have decided to see if I can go it alone now and now that I've found this website I'm hoping you can all give me the kick up the backside I need when I inevitably fall off the wagon, again!
Started off with a weight of 216lbs, and am now only half a pound off 2 stones gone, so hoping to get that and maybe more) at my next weight in - I weigh in on Tuesday mornings.

I should probably point out that I'm a bit of a technophobe and have never signed up to any forums etc before (bar the SW one), so please be patient with me when I ask a load of questions about how I do such and such or where to find something etc.

Thanks.

Hi Liz,

It's great to get some new faces around here - I've been doing slimming world for almost 6 weeks now, and have lost 11lbs. I found it really slow at the start but it's picking up a bit now thankfully. I'm not expecting much of a loss tomorrow though - I was a little naughty this week!!

I'm in North Cork as well, it's a real pity there is no actual class, but I think I'm getting the gist of it from here and the SW website. The discussions here are really helpful to keep you on track. I also have an energetic little one, but mine is a 3yr old girl.

If you haven't found it yet, there is also a thread in the "Through the Stones" section, for people in the 13's aiming for the 12's.

Oh yay! More ladies from Cork! <3

Hey, I'm in Cork City and Dunnes actually stock Quark now! :D

There's Dunnes off Patrick Street - it's normally near the milk section - small white and blue tubs.

Also Dunnes up at Blackpool Retail Park sell them there too

I'm at the NRG gym in Cork City, I pay 53 euro a month but that's with discount with the company I work for.

That has classes, gym + machines, swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and tennis courts

hi all , i am from county louth.. been at sw since last july need 3lbs to get my 3 stone and i am struggling... i recognise one or 2 names from magicmum... any tips to get the 3lbs off for good. i seem to be yo-yo ing alot lately:cry:

Hi Girls,

Hope ya dont mind me joining in as well!
I am from Meath and have decided to join online today as there are no classes near me yet!
I was following ww, but I really need to change the way I look at food and I hope that by following Slimming World I will.

Great advise and help here, its a brill site.
Congrats on all the losses so far!

Sleepymum

Hi farmer me! If you've been at this since July I'm not sure what I can tell you, but maybe if you go at it like you are brand new? Have you gotten into a routine of eating all the same things? Maybe if you go through the list of super speed foods and incorporate as many of them as you can every day it might shift it. 3 stone is fantastic but I suppose it can be easy enough get into a rut at that point.

Hoping, I am not in a gym, I just do dvd's or the wii at home.

Welcome sleepymum, I'm doing it online as well. My weight is slow enough coming off, but I'm not feeling TOO deprived, so it's not so bad!

Back