Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi Fairymary,

Dunnes do a 95% lean mince. I have to say I'm not sure what classifies as syn-free mince myself. Do you know?

Thanks for the tip on the biscuits. Will have to keep an eye out for them!

Hi Fairymary,

Dunnes do a 95% lean mince. I have to say I'm not sure what classifies as syn-free mince myself. Do you know?

Thanks for the tip on the biscuits. Will have to keep an eye out for them!
thanks for that Slimmingsinead. I am doing SW on line and I have checked that mince with less than 5% fat is 0 Syns!!! i guess I will be off to my local dunnes to stock up.

No problem FairyMary!

So disappointed to be up 1/2 lb tonight. I stuck to the plan but felt 'big' all week. Hopefully I'll have a loss next week. Mind you, I'm away on a hen this weekend so don't like my chances!

Lost 2lb so I am happy with that. Dont worry about the small gain slimming sinead, its only a minor blip. Make sure to enjoy your Hen weekend.

Hopefully sw should become a little more widespread over here soon, they are trying to recruit more consultants at the moment. Its unbelievable the amount of people joining our group each week.

i just tried a Tesco light choices chicken noodle soup (instant stuff). God its awful. The weather was wet and windy and I fancied something hot to go with my homemade sandwich other tea. Tried to find something that was low in syns in the shop and this was the best I could find. It worked out at 2 syns but not worth it at all. It had no flavour, hot water with some noodles floating around in it. Brutal stuff. what a waste of syns and money!

Sounds yuck FairyMary. Anyone know if you can get the fat free supernoodles here or which would be the least amount of syns?

Hi Ladies.. so nice to hear about more and more people in Ireland joinig Slimming World :D
I joined end of Sept last year and currently down 4st 4lbs.. almost at target ;) .. I can honestly say it's been the BEST thing I've done, but the Image Therapy is really what makes it. ... so much so I'm training at the moment and opening my own classes in Co.Kildare in January :D:D:D
... so keep going, BELIEVE me, I've been up, down, maintained, cried, smiled and laughed.. but stick with it...it's sooo worth it in the end!!! :)

Billy-Fat-Gruff said:
Hi Ladies.. so nice to hear about more and more people in Ireland joinig Slimming World :D
I joined end of Sept last year and currently down 4st 4lbs.. almost at target ;) .. I can honestly say it's been the BEST thing I've done, but the Image Therapy is really what makes it. ... so much so I'm training at the moment and opening my own classes in Co.Kildare in January :D:D:D
... so keep going, BELIEVE me, I've been up, down, maintained, cried, smiled and laughed.. but stick with it...it's sooo worth it in the end!!! :)

Wow congrats on such brilliant results on the plan :) and good luck with your class too hope it's successful for you x

Hi Ladies, I joined slimming world back in August and am 2lbs off the 2 stone mark....and it seems the last couple of weeks ive just come to a standstill! So this week im going to try and stick to free foods and add in as much super foods as possible.
Regarding the mince...I now eat quorn and its completely free...I honestly wouldn't taste any difference when i add tinned tomatoes and all to make up a kinda spag bol!
Anyway, good luck everyone....x

Brilliant weight loss BFG! Where in Kildare will you be opening your classes. I live there & often have to go to different groups to my usual one due to work so it'll be great to have more to chose from!

I haven't had a loss in over 3 weeks now. I had a half lb gain followed by 2 weeks maintaining. I had one hen in the middle of that but apart from that I'd followed the plan so quite disappointed. My leader put me on Success Express this week which I'm enjoying. I'm away for the weekend at the moment & want to enjoy myself but also want a loss in Wed so being good but also enjoying the odd drink!

laura.1810 said:
Hi Ladies, I joined slimming world back in August and am 2lbs off the 2 stone mark....and it seems the last couple of weeks ive just come to a standstill! So this week im going to try and stick to free foods and add in as much super foods as possible.
Regarding the mince...I now eat quorn and its completely free...I honestly wouldn't taste any difference when i add tinned tomatoes and all to make up a kinda spag bol!
Anyway, good luck everyone....x

How are you getting on Laura? Maybe changing up your menu abit or adding some body magic in will give you a boost? Great weight loss so far well done :)

This week I have tried and fallen in love with some of the muller light yogurts. I love the cheese cake ones for 1 syn and the choc sprinkle ones, cant believe they are free apart from the cherry based ones. Velvet crunch are so nice. I am a bit of a crisp addict and have stayed away from crisps apart from manhatten popcorn, which is good 6 syns for a 30g bag. It is 4 syns for a 20g velvet crunch and one bag is enough as they are very strongly flavoured. Best of all no one else in our house likes them.
Its amazing how well sw is taking off here in Ireland, there is also a thread about it on boards and it is so popular. Best of luck to the ladies starting your own classes hope it goes well. Also just wondering what does image therapy consist of? Are all classes meant to do this? Dont think we are doing it but I have only been to 4 meetings so maybe I missed it.

I am happily muching on the pink and whites as my 2.5syn treat. But they taste even better if you pop it in the microwave for 10 secs and the marshmallow bit melts and goes all gooey inside. OHHH yuummmyy. I'd love one now but its only 11 am :cry: and I am at work - maybe it is just as well

Hey can I join you lot?

I'm in Kildare, and started SW 13 weeks ago.. so far have lost 27lb, which I'm thrilled over!

Welcome Mandy:). wow fab weight loss that about 2 stone in 2 months well done you.

Back