Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Thanks Dedee..2 down, 7 to go! I started out at 18st even, and want to lose exactly half of myself to get down to 9st.

You are doing fantastic mandy!!! I started heavier and have lost 5 stone but still have a long way to go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How much are you hoping to lose, Harebell?

Well done on your losses so far! 5 stone is amazing work! :553:

Well my first target is to get back to the last weight I remember being... I was always a big gal, and at 16 I was 12 stone, so I want to get back there first, and then ideally, down to 9 stone target.

I know it's going to be really hard to stick to it and lose that much weight, but it will also be so-so worth it!

Hi all,

Another new member for the Irish group!

I'm going to rejoin on Tuesday..have been having a few issues recently which I know are due to my weight, have an op coming up soonish and having had a bit of a telling off from the dr the other day I'm determined to make a point next time I go. Also, I joined SW towards the end of last August and wasn't able to continue because my father became very ill..missed a few sessions and then didn't go back. Anyway, now I'm on here again, I've seen how much others have lost in the time between then and now and I'm sickened that I have actually put on weight! The dr said I should aim to lose 10% of my weight over the next year which I know is more than doable on SW so that's my first goal although I am going to lose more than that in total! Looking forward to chatting to you all!

I've lost my 10% in 13 weeks, so it's totally acheivable! Best of luck. Where are you situated?

By the way.. has anyone come across low syn sausages in a butchers in Ireland?

xMandyDx said:
I've lost my 10% in 13 weeks, so it's totally acheivable! Best of luck. Where are you situated?

By the way.. has anyone come across low syn sausages in a butchers in Ireland?

Theres mccardles meats in Charlestown who do slimmers choice sausages 1 syn each so they say but Don't quote me on that :)

How'd you get on with your first meeting, GailyT?

I've my weigh in tonight & I'm nervous! It's the first week I haven't weighed myself midweek & have no idea where I am. I should be down as I followed the plan & kept within syns but it's not always that simple for me!!

Sometimes, not weighing during the week makes you that bit more conscious of what you're eating... so you could have a nice surprise on the scales!
Good luck x

It looks like you were right Mandy! I lost 1.5lbs which is really good for me as I'm a slow loser. :D I'm a very happy girl this evening. Would love to lose 1lb next week to get my stone. I'll be hard as I've a couple of dinners but will definitely try my best.

Yay! Well done! Go hide those scales lol

I was pleased to hear that sw dont take a break over christmas. My wi is on a tues so I am hoping to go to that which may keep me some what in line until the new year celebrations. We are having a tasting session next week so I am looking farward to that and apparently our C is going to bring in a syn free stuffing, I hope she does I love stuffing it would be lovely if there was a nice alternative.
Have ye guys any tips for staying on track over the christmas? I would love to hear any advice ye have. I am a really slow loser and would dread to think that I could pile most of what I have lost over xmas.:eek:

Dedee said:
I was pleased to hear that sw dont take a break over christmas. My wi is on a tues so I am hoping to go to that which may keep me some what in line until the new year celebrations. We are having a tasting session next week so I am looking farward to that and apparently our C is going to bring in a syn free stuffing, I hope she does I love stuffing it would be lovely if there was a nice alternative.
Have ye guys any tips for staying on track over the christmas? I would love to hear any advice ye have. I am a really slow loser and would dread to think that I could pile most of what I have lost over xmas.:eek:

Weighing in between Christmas and new year really helps you stay on track it's brilliant! Last Christmas was my first on SW and I found it easy enough and I lost 3lbs that week & I was SOTW too! So basically I stayed on track the whole time including Christmas day, my food/drink was as follows:
Breakfast: scrambled egg, mushrooms & rashers
Dinner: starter: chicken chilli soup
Main: turkey with all the trimmings cooked SW style synned gravy & stuffing
Dessert: chopped strawberries with vanilla mullerlight on top with squinty cream 1stn with a crushed digestive 3.5 sprinkled on top
Turkey sandwhich using hexb in the evening :)

Didn't have alcohol but did on Stephens night stuck to vodka & diet 7up.

Willpower comes into play big time throughout the week but I know that feeling that I had lost 3lbs on the scales far out-weighed what any chocolate would have tasted like!!

You can totally do it & even if you fall of the wagon a little bit just get straight back on track and up your superfree at each meal :)

Hi again,
Been without the internet the past few days so I'm just catching up. First week at class was great, first proper weigh in on Tues evening so we'll see then..I've stuck well within the plan all week, really pleased! It's great having a meeting during the Christmas period too..like some of you have said, it'll be great to keep me on track esp since Christmas day is right in the middle, between two meetings. I'll let you know how I get on on Tuesday,I'm actually really looking forward to it. We're doing a tasting session too...really not sure what to take though! I'm veggie so was thinking of making some veggie koftas and mint and yogurt dip...not massively Christmassy but I suppose they're good for parties. Any other suggestions??! x

Anyone got any insights yet about a group in cork? Maybe one of your consultants might have heard something? Would live to know if one is coming, I'm going it alone at the moment but Wouk love a group! Any other cork people out there doing it alone/online? :)

Hi I'll check with my Consultant. I know there is an Open Day coming up soon so maybe a Corkonian will sign up!

Avonmore have brought out a new range of Low Fat soups in cartons. I checked the veg one and it's free. Yay! Grab and go!

Back