Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Welcome! You'll love SW. Like most people I did WW as well but SW is so much easier & you don't have to think of food as points all of the time!! Best of luck with it. x

Oh you get so fed up of counting points - and 26 is especially hard! I've seen people switch from WW and get good losses so hoping I'm just as lucky! Did you see losses straight away after WW?

I hadn't done WW properly for a while before I joined but I lost my first 1/2 stone after 3 weeks. My losses have been slow due to medical issues but they're steady now at 1lb a week. A lot of my group have bigger losses but I'm quite happy with my 1lb a week. I find that SW is just a way of life for me now & it's absolutely no hardship at all!!

I hadn't done WW properly for a while before I joined but I lost my first 1/2 stone after 3 weeks. My losses have been slow due to medical issues but they're steady now at 1lb a week. A lot of my group have bigger losses but I'm quite happy with my 1lb a week. I find that SW is just a way of life for me now & it's absolutely no hardship at all!!
Oooh brilliant - I'm happy with any loss - Beggars can't be choosers!!

Hi ladies ... U mind if I join... Doin sw at home since jan... Have alot to loose.. And so far have lost 25 lbs... But it's beginning to slow down now.. I'm bridesmaid in June and I'm still goin to look huge in dress( I don't do dresses) but at least with the weight loss I'll feel better in myself....

Bugsy30 said:
Hi ladies ... U mind if I join... Doin sw at home since jan... Have alot to loose.. And so far have lost 25 lbs... But it's beginning to slow down now.. I'm bridesmaid in June and I'm still goin to look huge in dress( I don't do dresses) but at least with the weight loss I'll feel better in myself....

Hi, this thread is quite quiet, there is a thread called doing sw from home, you should get lots of support in there!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Bugsy30 said:

Well done on your fantastic losses to date!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hey girls, another Irish newbie here. I began SW last week :)

d14 said:
Hey girls, another Irish newbie here. I began SW last week :)

Welcome Busy & d14. How are you finding SW so far? I have to say I love it & joining was one of the best things I've ever done!

Unfortunately this thread is v quiet but maybe we can get it going again!! :)

Hey Sinead :) i'm loving it! I haven't had my first weigh-in yet, but i'm never hungry and I am enjoying all of the food!

Had my first weigh in... Lost 5 and a half pounds :) delighted!

That's brilliant D14! Well done.

Hopefully you'll get your half stone award next week!

Thanks everyone :) thought it would be 3/4 weeks before I would get my 1/2 stone award but im only a pound and a half away from it..can't believe it :) It makes me even more determined for this week!

Picked up some Alpen light bars in Dunnes last night, excited to try them (as my heB..will make a nice change from wholemeal bread) and they have Muller lights on offer...8 for €3! Great deal because I paid €3 for four in Tesco last week!

Oh and for anyone who is vegetarian, Tesco have all quorn products on offer..3 for €7. Not great if you only buy the mince/pieces but the bacon and dippers are usually over €3 each.

:)

Hi girls!

I'm thinking of joining SW tomorrow in Celbridge or Leixlip. I'm struggling so hard with my weight at the moment. I've been doing WW but not attending a meeting ( I have an app to point everything but in 3.5 weeks I've only lost 2.5 pds.)
I think I need a fresh start. I keep seeing signs and adverts about SW and was thinking of giving it a try. I'm getting married in October and emigrating to NYC in July so I want the last stone and a half gone so I can be a loose size 12 for both. SW in available in NYC as well so if I find it works for me I can keep going to meetings over there.
Is the plan easy to follow? Would you recommend me doing it? And my last question is can I go out on a Saturday night for a few drinks?

Hope to hear from you all xxx

Hi Apple. I'm in the SW group in Leixlip. I can honestly say its the best 'diet' I've ever done. I'm a slow loser generally but this is the one thing I've managed to stick to as its so easy & you can eat so much. I got so sick of weighing & pointing everything at WW. I'd highly recommend it.

I've also been to the Celbridge group a couple of times as I couldnt make Leixlip & it seems good too. The Celbridge one is huge while Leixlip is smaller. I have to say I love my group! If you're joining this week we have a food tasting (7.30pm - not sure if there'll be one at the 5.30pm group) so you can try some lovely SW recipes.

Yes you can have a night out. There is flexi-syns where you decide how much you're going to indulge & then stick to the limit you've set.

Generally you can expect to lose 1-2lbs a week. Anything more is a bonus. A lot of girls in group do lose more but don't expect 3 lbs a week!!

Anyway, best of luck with what you decide to do. I might see you on Wed!

hello everyone im amanda from dublin, i go to SW in the green isle hotel on wednesday morn, love it

Hi
Another newbie here. I'm switching between groups in Carlow at the mo. It's great to see an Irish group on here. It's a pain when you go to syn Irish brands and they're not on the sw website :(

hi everyone, i havent been on here for ages. i loose weight very slow. even though i do an hour of aerobics every morning. i still loose just 1/2 or 1lb a week. i'm really going to give it my best for the next 13 weeks as i had set myself a goal of 2 stone off by july.. good luck to everyone..i dont eat wheat so you'd think that would make it easy. i live in donegal

Love how active this thread is getting, woo :D

Hey wee girl
I'm a slow looser too. It's so frustrating sometimes :( Was thinking of cutting back on the carbs and bananas this week as I only maintained today. I probably need a hour of aerobics everyday too :)

Back