Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Having a good day so far despite a 5 hour conference call at work today.
Going to try and make my favourite sandwich filling tomorrow - egg, onion and tomato - with yogurt instead of mayo.... could be interesting!

Weighing in later today, feeling excited about stepping on those scales. Hoping for some new cookbooks in the shop too.

Weighing in later today, feeling excited about stepping on those scales. Hoping for some new cookbooks in the shop too.

Goodluck Fergus for the weigh-in.I rejoined last nite,was yoyoing on my own. Bought the curry book & budget meals,havnt had a chance to read through them yet.

Goodluck Fergus for the weigh-in.I rejoined last nite,was yoyoing on my own. Bought the curry book & budget meals,havnt had a chance to read through them yet.

To be honest izzy I was so happy to get my award I just ignored any negativity!! I think we're all on own journey and being positive has got me this far! I love the curry book it's great for a Friday night "fake away"!!

To be honest izzy I was so happy to get my award I just ignored any negativity!! I think we're all on own journey and being positive has got me this far! I love the curry book it's great for a Friday night "fake away"!!

Oh I was skimming through that book earlier,will try something out over the weekend. What you gonna try?

Yeah you've the right attitude Kinakk, you're doing so well with it. It's just your description of group was similar to my last group,so I never went back after my summer holiday, I rejoined an evening group & the atmosphere is totally different,I'm looking forward to going again on Monday.

I keep losing threads from my subscriptions,is it just me???

Got my 2 stone award last night and got my club 10 too, decided to go shopping today on a high, well I crash landed back to reality fairly rapidly, Nothing fitted, even clothes for the size I am in now didn't fit. I have never been so disheartened in all my life. Have spent the morning welling up. Am just devastated.

Last edited:
Oh I was skimming through that book earlier,will try something out over the weekend. What you gonna try?

Yeah you've the right attitude Kinakk, you're doing so well with it. It's just your description of group was similar to my last group,so I never went back after my summer holiday, I rejoined an evening group & the atmosphere is totally different,I'm looking forward to going again on Monday.

I keep losing threads from my subscriptions,is it just me???

Actually gonna have sweet and sour tonight using diet club orange! I absolutely love it and its really easy!

Yeah I left a group a few years ago after losing 3 stone cos I wasn't mad about the consultant! The group really makes a difference! I love the support I get and the help I can give others!

Got my 2 stone award last night and got my club 10 too, decided to go shopping today on a high, well I crash landed back to reality fairly rapidly, Nothing fitted, even clothes for the size I am in now didn't fit. I have never been so disheartened in all my life. Have spent the morning welling up. Am just devastated.

You shouldn't let clothes make you feel any less about losing 2 stone! Its a brilliant achievement! I'm a different size in every shop I go into and stay away from the depressing ones! Imagine how you'd feel trying on clothes after gaining 2 stone! It's only lately that I've had the courage to start shopping cos lets face it its not easy! Stick with the plan and have an outfit in mind that you want to fit into! Try in on every week till it fits in the comfort of your own home! Then when you do go shopping again you'll pick the right size and you'll feel better about it! I did that with a pair of jeans that were a size 18! Now I'm fitting into size 10 but these godforsaken jeans are only barely fitting! I've now realised the tag MUST be wrong!!

Well done on getting your awards.

I know what you mean about disheartening shopping trips, but as KinaKK don't let this take away from your achievement. In fact just let this make you more determined to lose more, put a positive spin on this, think of all the euro-bucks you saved not buying clothes, that in a few weeks you'll have to replace coz you'll have lost ANOTHER 2stone;). 12 weeks to Xmas & you can lose a "Stone for Santa".

Maybe go through your clothes you have at home, find the smaller sizes & aim to fit these first, shop sizes vary so wildly these days, its very annoying, don't let this knock you Triple B:bighug:

Ah thanks campers, I shouldnt have gone shopping, I have a pair of jeans upstairs and they are 2 sizes smaller than normal and fitted me, another lady in my group had lost 12lbs and she had gone down 2 sizes so I was determined to go shopping. I think I have so much to lose that the 2 stone has come off from everywhere so I've learnt my lesson lol. I woke up this morning to find my engagement ring was gone off my finger, I found it down the bottom of the bed but the hubby was going there you go there's a sign! Feeling more positive today, at least I didnt run for the biscuits and feck the whole day up!!!

Ah thanks campers, I shouldnt have gone shopping, I have a pair of jeans upstairs and they are 2 sizes smaller than normal and fitted me, another lady in my group had lost 12lbs and she had gone down 2 sizes so I was determined to go shopping. I think I have so much to lose that the 2 stone has come off from everywhere so I've learnt my lesson lol. I woke up this morning to find my engagement ring was gone off my finger, I found it down the bottom of the bed but the hubby was going there you go there's a sign! Feeling more positive today, at least I didnt run for the biscuits and feck the whole day up!!!

That IS a good sign :) You can be happy & smug now you've stayed away from the biccies,only would've made you feel worse. Onwards & downwards ;)

Can you get the Linda McCartney's Rosemary and Red Onion Sausages in Ireland does anyone know? They're syn free! :)

Hello everyone :) live in Spain working, did SW at home until I came here to work for summer but loved it so much I decided to stay til Christmas :) put on a Lot over the summer from nights out, eating from works food etc, so decided to weigh myself at the chemist every Monday, cooking my dinner at home and taking it to work and all the rest, and delighted to say that I'm 2kg (4lb) down from 2 weeks ago! :)

Back