Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi, I'm new to minimins, so just looking through this page, let me introduce myself.

I'm Orla and I'm from Athlone, I turned 40 recently and I have been a member of slimming world since January this year. I can't believe it is actually working for me, I got my 3.5st reward last Tuesday (yes weigh in tonight) and was so thrilled to get it. When I joined first, I wasn't very optimistic as I have tried so many before and have failed but I can now say it won't be if I reach my target but when I reach my target. The first few months, I wasn't really doing food optimising very well, weekends could be a disaster but since about June onwards something clicked and I have more or less lost every week since then. I'm part of the social team in my group and I just love it, I actually make an effort in my appearance as it is important all members see you in your best, it encourages people and also people are asking you how you get on.

I have one reason why I'm in slimming world but I won't go into that at the moment. So glad I joined this forum, I used to google a slimming world question and usually the first site that showed up was this as there is enough people out there who may know the answer and I hope you may be able to help me too if I have any questions.

I have one question though, how many syns are in a can of carlsberg, it is not listed on the book or the slimming world app so I went with what it said in the book for the standard drink and that states 11 syns, would be so grateful if you could help me in this one

Hello everyone :) live in Spain working, did SW at home until I came here to work for summer but loved it so much I decided to stay til Christmas :) put on a Lot over the summer from nights out, eating from works food etc, so decided to weigh myself at the chemist every Monday, cooking my dinner at home and taking it to work and all the rest, and delighted to say that I'm 2kg (4lb) down from 2 weeks ago! :)

Hello & welcome kl1991 :wavey:, you lucky ducky living in Spain, food is delish there, access to lots of tasty fruit & veg, they always seem to taste better abroad, especially tomatoes :eat: How you getting on with SW over there?? There's an ex-pat thread on here, might give you ideas for local buys & stuff. Do you come home often?

Down another 2lbs this week. Shocked as it wasn't the best week ever. Oh well, carry on and try to be good.

Hi, I'm new to minimins, so just looking through this page, let me introduce myself.

I'm Orla and I'm from Athlone, I turned 40 recently and I have been a member of slimming world since January this year. I can't believe it is actually working for me, I got my 3.5st reward last Tuesday (yes weigh in tonight) and was so thrilled to get it. When I joined first, I wasn't very optimistic as I have tried so many before and have failed but I can now say it won't be if I reach my target but when I reach my target. The first few months, I wasn't really doing food optimising very well, weekends could be a disaster but since about June onwards something clicked and I have more or less lost every week since then. I'm part of the social team in my group and I just love it, I actually make an effort in my appearance as it is important all members see you in your best, it encourages people and also people are asking you how you get on.

I have one reason why I'm in slimming world but I won't go into that at the moment. So glad I joined this forum, I used to google a slimming world question and usually the first site that showed up was this as there is enough people out there who may know the answer and I hope you may be able to help me too if I have any questions.

I have one question though, how many syns are in a can of carlsberg, it is not listed on the book or the slimming world app so I went with what it said in the book for the standard drink and that states 11 syns, would be so grateful if you could help me in this one

Hi orla welcome to the thread I'm pretty new here too! I think carlsberg is 9 syns for a 440ml can and 10.5 for a 500ml can!hope this helps!

Thanks KinaKK, I wasn't far wrong and glad I didn't do under at least. I see from your ticker that you have lost over 6st, OMG that is fantastic. I had weigh in last night and I was down a huge 5.5Ibs and for the first time since I joined I actually got slimmer of the week. In our group you would really need to be losing at least 5Ibs as there is a lot of people attending our class and a lot of big weight losses too

Hi All
Im From Co Armagh - So Still Ireland!! :)

I joined 6 weeks ago! i have 6lb off, I was doing it at the start of 2012 but i fell pregnant (Thank you slimming world) so i decided to get back into it! i had a bad week last week (maintained when i should have gained) but back at it today!

How are you doing??

I joined 6 weeks ago! i have 6lb off, I was doing it at the start of 2012 but i fell pregnant (Thank you slimming world) so i decided to get back into it! i had a bad week last week (maintained when i should have gained) but back at it today!

How are you doing??

I started the end of Feb & did it till end of July, lost 2st 2lb, had an 8week break, tried going solo but kept going up & down the same 5lbs, so last week I headed back to Group & I'm back on track, lost 3.5lbs, so happy out!! Love SW, wish I'd done it years ago. Find here great for all the info & support. Have "met" some lovely people here.

I feel I really need my image therapy every week, I really get a great boost and my very much needed motivation. I'm part of a closed group on Facebook for only members in our group and I find that is great, when you leave after class it can be a bit of a downer because your full of enthusiasm and motivation and then your on your own but for me I usually post straight after on facebook and find I get encouragement

I feel I really need my image therapy every week, I really get a great boost and my very much needed motivation. I'm part of a closed group on Facebook for only members in our group and I find that is great, when you leave after class it can be a bit of a downer because your full of enthusiasm and motivation and then your on your own but for me I usually post straight after on facebook and find I get encouragement

Yeah i'm the same! everything i cook i post on the closed group facebook page for all my group to see! it really helps me source where i can buy things locally too! Well done on Slimmer of the Week!! its so nice to get a surprise award!

Our consultant set up the closed group as it is for members only. She is consultant for two groups and we have the one group for both. Two in our class are chefs and so recipes are always welcome on our facebook page, we have a taster next week so I definitely will be cooking, I look forward to this as it there are some good cooks in our class and typical that I'm always hungry during our slimming world talk (I wonder why)

Oh I don't do facebook (Yeah I know I'm weird), ha ha kinda feel I'm missing out now, might set one up for the sole purpose of joining in with my Slimming World group.:D

It really depends on your own group, are you part of a big group Izzy. Our group won some sort of an award recently, not quite sure what it was but it is a motivational group and our room is full to capacity when the talk begins

It really depends on your own group, are you part of a big group Izzy. Our group won some sort of an award recently, not quite sure what it was but it is a motivational group and our room is full to capacity when the talk begins

Yeah they do have a facebook group, but the actually number that stay to group is pretty small & it seems to be the same people every week. My consultant runs 3 groups on the one day.

We have 136 members on our page but only really about 10-15 people post and the rest look but I would consider our facebook page active. Our consultant runs 5 classes, 2 on a tuesday and 3 on a wednesday

Back