Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

There is 2 syns alright, our consultant said the same on Tuesday night but apparently they are worth it, personally I like the stock pots so I'm going to stick with them for the time been

Hi girls no class for me this week. Got braces fitted at the end of jan and yesterday I had to get 2 teeth out to make room to push my teeth back. Also got 2 screws inserted into the bone in my gums. Can't rem what the screws are for. Ive been eating just soft food and living on painkillers :( im also going to be missing this Mondays class so hopefully when I go back Monday the 24th I won't have done too much damage!!!

Hi all, hope everyone is well this week, didn't get on last week with trips to hospital etc. Down 1.5lb tonight sooo delighted, thought it was a bad week with the travel and all but I guess the soup I made up last week really did the job lol. Anyway hope everyone gets the results they want this week xxx

Well done :)

Your teeth are more important than sw so focus on that, soft foods I would imagine your eating a lot of yogurts, at least you probably are not eating any chocolate or crisps, it sounds quite painful

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Welcome on board :)

How are you finding the plan?

Well, not great. I "maintained" wed at weigh in even though I followed plan to the letter and I walk about 4k every day.
V disheartened. Went home and had a slice of cake.
Last night I had a bout of the "f**k its, it's not gonna work for me" and want for Indian meal. And champagne. Childish, I know.
Only thing can think of is I'm pre-menstral and can gain 7-8-9lbs in fluid at this time.
Dieting is bloody hard. Harder still when you're good and it doesn't work.
Sorry for negative vibes.

Well, not great. I "maintained" wed at weigh in even though I followed plan to the letter and I walk about 4k every day. V disheartened. Went home and had a slice of cake. Last night I had a bout of the "f**k its, it's not gonna work for me" and want for Indian meal. And champagne. Childish, I know. Only thing can think of is I'm pre-menstral and can gain 7-8-9lbs in fluid at this time. Dieting is bloody hard. Harder still when you're good and it doesn't work. Sorry for negative vibes.

Could have been fluid retention from the exercise. Push through it and you should see results within another couple of weeks. It's tough when u don't get the loss you deserve, but it's worth sticking with it. Don't judge by weekly loss, instead, try to take it month by month. Good luck, you can do it. Xxx

I think we all have our patterns of how much we lose/sts/gain it would be interesting to look back and see if you have a loss every second week that could be it font get down come on here and get some support and encouragement your not alone

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

How has everyone got on over st Patrick's weekend? can I just ask about syns in bisto gravy. I checked my book but I am not 100% sure if I am right. I made up a small bit of gravy not to thick & I had around 4 tablespoons. Am I right that this would be 1.5 syns? I had searched minimins too and their is loads of threads but some quite old!

Was fairly good, went out though last night to a restaurant and today again but I think I'm still on track, hopefully there wont be a gain tomorrow

How has everyone got on over st Patrick's weekend? can I just ask about syns in bisto gravy. I checked my book but I am not 100% sure if I am right. I made up a small bit of gravy not to thick & I had around 4 tablespoons. Am I right that this would be 1.5 syns? I had searched minimins too and their is loads of threads but some quite old!
Each level teaspoon of gravy granules is 1 syn so 4 tablespoons would be 12 (1 tbsp = 3 tsp). Colemans do these which I'm told by my consultant are free if you don't want to use syns on gravy, although having just checked the app, they are 2.5 per tbsp so not much different. image-3665480330.jpg

Each level teaspoon of gravy granules is 1 syn so 4 tablespoons would be 12 (1 tbsp = 3 tsp). Colemans do these which I'm told by my consultant are free if you don't want to use syns on gravy, although having just checked the app, they are 2.5 per tbsp so not much different. View attachment 129624

Hi, thanks for that. I didn't realise how many syns were in the gravy think I may stay away from it now! Was kind of having a roast dinner yesterday and didnt have any butter or milk in potatoes.

Hi, thanks for that. I didn't realise how many syns were in the gravy think I may stay away from it now! Was kind of having a roast dinner yesterday and didnt have any butter or milk in potatoes.

If you find yourself craving creamed potatoes with your roast and don't want to waste the syns on milk and butter, beat an egg into the mash. It makes it softer and more like "real" mash. And depending on your take on tweaks like smash as a thickener, you can make free gravy by mixing up stock, herbs, salt and pepper with a little water, reduce it down to thicken a bit and throw in some smash powder to get it to the thickness you prefer. Xxx

If you find yourself craving creamed potatoes with your roast and don't want to waste the syns on milk and butter, beat an egg into the mash. It makes it softer and more like "real" mash. And depending on your take on tweaks like smash as a thickener, you can make free gravy by mixing up stock, herbs, salt and pepper with a little water, reduce it down to thicken a bit and throw in some smash powder to get it to the thickness you prefer. Xxx

When you say beat an egg in like just a raw egg in ? Sorry if this is a dumb question!

That gravy sounds great will give it a go. I have a tub of smash for thickening stuff so will def give it a try :). Thanks for all the tips

When you say beat an egg in like just a raw egg in ? Sorry if this is a dumb question! That gravy sounds great will give it a go. I have a tub of smash for thickening stuff so will def give it a try :). Thanks for all the tips

Yup, just crack an egg into the pot, and mash it up as normal, think I got the tip from either someone in class or slimming eats. I love sharing stuff like this so you're very welcome ;) xx

Hi all, hope everyone gets on well after the weekend. I had a bad week, we were up and down to hospital 3 times this week so didn't stick much to plan, lots of choccie was had, after an awful day of driving from wicklow to dublin then finally back to kilkenny I managed to make the 7.30 class. I had warned myself to own the bad week and just start fresh after weigh in but ended up shocked to have lost 2lbs, means I'm down my 2 stone now and finally into the 12st bracket, first time in years. Still need to get back on track this week though, so hear we go again :) good luck to everyone this week :) xxx

I've list my way a bit, lost 2lbs in the last 3 weeks. Was at group last night and committed to a mini target of 3lbs for the week so am going to try red days for the week, up the water and be generally angelic - really need to pull through this lull!!!

Back