Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi all, I haven't made it to weigh in the past couple of weeks as we've been up and down to hospital to start IVF treatment, need to get back onto plan now before I make too many wrong choices, which is just too easy for me to do lol. It just happened that all our appointments fall on a tuesday and because I live in the middle of no where there's no where closer to go to class grr, but I'll get back to class in July properly. Hope everyone is well and getting the results they want xxx

Hi everyone, I find it hard to find a computer/laptop at the weekend as our laptop is broken and all I have access to is my phone and it is so hard to type on my phone.

I'm at my sisters tonight and staying here babysitting her three children. Having a great weekend so far and was in the bog last Thursday and today so I'm quite sore now. DH and I are not going for Indian tomorrow but instead we are going to a regular restaurant and I have seen the menu and I think I may be able to have some healthy options there (fingers crossed)

Please tell me that's a typo LOL...good luck for ur WI anyway ;) x

Sorry, Meant half that off by then, i was reading at 100kg on his scales so 10kg i need to lose which is approx 1.5 stone so doable

Down 2lb at WI last thursday so happy with that, had a christening yesterday so wasnt great but im didnt well days before that and will do good the rest of week so hopefully i can still get a loss

Hi all hope you are enjoying the sun :) I had had a wedding at the weekend so needless to say the syns were way over gonna try to claw it back by Thursday WI. Any suggestions?

Isn't the weather fab?

You've a few days to claw it back. Loads of water to combat any bloating from alcohol, and superspeed foods like melon. Up the superfree too, and cut back on carbs- maybe do some red days?

Thanks coughdrops. It is glorious. I have not done any red days. I will do for the rest of the week. Made spicy celery and carrot soup which was delicious. Drinking water to beat the band :) I will walk to work all week it's about 6km. Gonna stock up on the melon. Thanks for the reply :)

My week was going pretty well 'til I was babysitting and we had a world cup match. With all the sweets/crisps etc. out for the kids I over indulged and that was Saturday night and I haven't got back on plan since.. :(
Weigh in is tomorrow and I know I will have gained, up and down non-stop the past couple of weeks. I have paid for a 12week countdown and feel like i'm wasting it, along with my money..
I'm still eating lots of superfree raspberries and melon, salad but my syns are all over the place..

How's everyone enjoying the great weather? :)
I notice I'm not that hungry in the heat, but I am craving nice chilled white wine lol x

I found I wasn't too hungry today because of the weather. I didnt feel like cooking my dinner either :( I did though but I'm regretting buying so much vegetables this week as dont feel like chopping/cooking!! Got to emjoy this weather while we have it :)

Ive been eating alot of salad and cold meats. Its to nice out to be indoors cooking. My consultant has suggested that i try the red days as i wasn't eating much starchy carbs. She was saying i could have 2 healthy A&B options so i could have my milk allowance and Weetabix then i could have cheese and bread. Don't know wether to try the red days or stick to the ee days and try vary what i eat.

I would be afraid if I was allowed 2 healthy a and b's I would have 4 slices of bread and double whatever cheese I have! In the last few weeks I have kind of cut cheese out and ive noticed my losses are more steady. I had cheese today reduced fat stuff and I didnt even use my full allowance but I couldnt beleive the amount of fat etc in it!

you are right though to nice to be indoor slaving away over a cooker! why dont you try a few red days and see how you like them snowqueen?

I think i will finish this wk on ee and next wk try the red days and see if there's much difference. I use my hex on my milk and 2 Weetabix. I really miss bread so i could have a sambo for lunch and cheese without using syns. I like to keep my syns for a treat with a cuppa when my son goes to bed.

The weather is glorious which is why I'm getting lots of body magic in in the bog (yes very ouch at the moment !!!) but have weigh in this evening and looking like a 1Ib gain (due to meeting friends in Navan and having a gorgeous meal with them yum yum). I dont mind if it is 1Ib as I will work very hard next week and get that weight off and maybe a bit more but if I had a sts today then I would be very happy

Tip ladies, get out to the bog and turn that turf, trust me it is a great workout

What do you generally have on red days?

I normally have things like

Breakfast:
Magic porridge (a muller with HEX B1 allowance of porridge)
fruit

Lunch
a chicken or ham salad when it's warm out

Colder days I might have scrambled egg with ham and cheese (Hex A) on Ryvita (Hex B2)

Fruit for lunch too

During the day I snack on fruit

Dinner
I have the same dinners on Red as I would on EE, loads of blogonaises, curries, stirfries etc. The main difference is that I don't have any carb with my dinner (no pasta or rice). I plate up my dinner as normal, but 1/3 of my plate is salad leaves (I love rocket), half a chopped apple and half a chopped pepper.

I don't normally have 2 Hex As. I tend to syn my milk because I don't drink enough of it for a Hex

My 2 Hex Bs are usually porridge in morning and Ryvita at some stage later in the day. If I don't have porridge, I'll have 2 lots of Ryvita usually at lunch time and in the evening after my dinner.

I found I wasn't too hungry today because of the weather. I didnt feel like cooking my dinner either :( I did though but I'm regretting buying so much vegetables this week as dont feel like chopping/cooking!! Got to emjoy this weather while we have it :)

I batched up 10 dinners on Sunday, so no cooking for us this week or next. Delighted I did it, saves so much hassle in the evenings. It's quite sad how excited I am about frozen quorn bolognaise ;)

Fair play to ya Niamh I wish I had done some batch cooking at weekend! All I have in mine is frozen soup and I don't exactly feel like that today

Could not believe I was 2lb down today at WI so happy, regained my 1.5stone sticker and it has totally energised me!! This weather is great for salads and fruit so onwards and downwards..
Found a challenge on here, the salad challenge. Great for this weather

- one of your main meals each day has to be salad, it cannot be a side to go with a main course, it has to be your main meal
- min of 2L of water a day
- as low salt as possible throughout the week
- as low carbs as possible (red days work better with this challenge)
- lots of protein and fresh fruit and veg
- add some body magic to the week, even light walking, at least 2-3 times in the week as a minimum
tea/coffee/diet soft drinks not included in water allowance...

Wish me luck xx

Back