Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Delighted with myself this week. Down 4lbs. X

Delighted with myself this week. Down 4lbs. X

Well done snowqueen that is a fantastic loss. Did you finish the week on EE like you were going to?

Well done snowqueen that is a fantastic loss. Did you finish the week on EE like you were going to?

yeah i continued with ee. I just added pasta n rice to my dinner even if they don't normally go with it. Going to try the red days this wk. So far today ive had 2 Weetabix (hexb 1)with berries(brekie) beans n toast(hexb 2) 2 laughing cow extra light(syn) and fat free yogurt for lunch. For dinner I'm doing chickensalad. Snacks ive been eating fruit. Going to have a nice cold glass of full fat milk (hex a 2)for my dinner. I use skimmedmilk(hexa) for cereal n tea. I still have loads of syns for a treat. X

Last edited:
Hi ladies, 1.5lb down today and delighted. The good weather is making it easier to get out too!

ye are all doing great well done on the losses Vicky and snow queen.

Cough drop u are well prepared for the week ahead! I wish I was as prepared!

Snow queen I have been doing mostly red days for the last few weeks as best I can. First time ever trying anything bar EE and I'm liking it, particularly the extra HEB! Good luck with it.

Its silly but knowing i could have bread and drink a glass of milk without using syns or feeling guilty made me so happy. Ive tried drinking the skimmed milk but its not the same and i was using most of the allowance on my cereal.

everybody is doing great with their losses hope we all keep it up. X

Well after last weekends wedding indulgence manage to have a 1lb loss. Only 1 more to get my 2 1/2 stone award. Gonna try red days next week :))

Hi everyone, haven't been on here at all lately.. Stupid phone broke, and I've been eating and drinking rings around myself the last 2 weeks! But my birthday is soon so after this weekend I'll get back on it (hopefully!)
Think I've gained about 5lbs, hate myself for it now haha..

Well done with all your losses :) And Vicky, that challenge looks doable, think I'll try that for a week or more if I can to speed up the damage control ;)

X x

Have been totally on plan this week so far and I plan to up my body magic this weekend, it may be cloudy but it is not raining and I have nothing on this weekend so planning to get out a lot. Have been eating my super free all week since my gain so I will get more melons this weekend, they tend to be on special in our local tesco so I can get a good few and maybe eat two of them a day.

I really really really want my 3.5Ibs loss to get firstly my 6st award and also to get out of the 14's and into the 13's, it is not for lack of effort will I get it next Tuesday

Best of luck orla. You seem to have a plan set out and a goal to reach. You can do it.6 stone that will be some achievement. Look forward to reading you've done it. X

3lbs down this week quite happy with that. How did everyone else get on this week?

redsters baby, well done 3lb is great!!

Had a funeral this weeks so for the best part of 3days I have being off plan. It could not be avoided but ill still be disappointed if I have a gain.
Going 100% for the next 3days so fingers crossed

Hi guys. Haven't been on here for 2-3 weeks. Busy with work and head wasn't in the game. I'm now pound away from my stone award and weigh in is this evening so am hoping for the loss. I've list 13 . 5lbs in 7 weeks so I'm happy put. Have a question for everyone? Are there syns in packets of ham like denny or galtee ham? Please help me on this one. And hope ye all are enjoying our irish heatwave!

Check the ingredients and if it's 90% pork or more, it's free. Unfortunately that means that it's mostly the really expensive ham that's free x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Get Club25 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Looking at the lovely weather from inside my office but I'm leaving at 4pm today and walking in to town later on, going to make the most of this sunshine as I heard it was to break on Wednesday so I may actually take tomorrow off and do all housework and then walk into class tomorrow evening

Thanks miss taken. Are any of the wafer thin ones free. I usually shop in aldi or pick up ham at local store. I never knew ham was to be synned until 2 weeks ago x

Off the top of my head Vickaroo, I'm not certain, altho the pack will give you the percentage of pork. I'd be inclined to say no though don't quote me on it as wafer thin is usually more processed so it doesn't fall apart

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Get Club25 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Just reading your posts about ham, is it only recently that syns have been added?? I Have never gone to a meeting and just do it from home myself but the book says its free on EE and red days?? I've always just had wafer thin ham from aldi.. Never counted the syns oops!

I've checked the book, and don't see percentages mentioned, but I've always thought free ham has to be over 93% pork... don't know where I got that figure from, I must have heard it (or thought I heard it) in group.

I usually get the Denny or Supervalu ham, I just check the % pork in the ingredients. I think wafer thin ham has a lower % than the thicker slices.

Chubby witch, it was mentioned to me in group, and I don't think it's a new thing, ham as mentioned in the book is assumed to be lean (like a joint of ham with the fat removed) and packets of sandwich ham rarely are lean enough. It's one of those things they depend on group to tell you. :(

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Get Club25 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

I know all ham from a deoi counter is free. In aldi the brennan's deli ham is free but only 5slices per pack. Came up in our meeting a couple if weeks ago, everyone shocked! Thought all ham was free.

Back