Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi girls. Wasn't on yesterday only lost 0.5 this week Disappointed as I was on plan all week but I did get my next award so that will keep me going.

Hope you all have a good week :) xx

Well done NewMe, that is fantastic, you will pass me out shortly

Well done NewMe, at least it was still a loss, congrats on the new award!!!

I've had a ***** day, up 2lbs, lost the 5st sticker AGAIN! Its so bloody disheartening, I said to the hubby today that if I wasn't on the social team I'm say I would have quit by now. I hate that I'm elated one week and completely down in the dumps the next week.
I have been given the SAS logs to fill out and was recommended maybe to do a couple of green days, so I've been armed with my notepad trying to look up recipes and geting nowhere.
I asked if maybe the hen weekend caught up with me and she said no that that doenst happen especially if you have been back on plan which I have, I always am on bloody plan. When I'm out I'm as strict as possible then always back on the wagon the next day, its just a pain in the backside.
Anyway anyone done a green day before? I see you can have 2 heBs and 1 or 2 As. I'm thinking maybe the mushy pea curry with just veg, I can have pasta & peppers & mushrooms with passata for the lunch, Scrammbled egg for brekkie but I say I'll need more ideas.
Good luck to everyone else still having to weigh in x

Hi Triple B, I rejoined today, hadn't been in group all of September. I gained 2 lbs over the 4 weeks, I said to DH I am fabulous at maintaining. If my target weight was 14 6, I am always within 3lbs +/-

But I am NOT at target! So I need to knuckle down. I do mostly Red and Green days. I prefer them to EE. You're right about the 2 Hexs. On green I normally have veggie stir fries or curries for dinner, or add Quorn to them. Tbh I pretty much have the same food on Red and Green, just on Red days I don't have carbs and on Green I don't have meat. The syn values are different on both too.

I had a mini break yesterday some friends and I went and stayed in the kilashee house hotel , so I said I'll try to make good choices BUT all my good intentions went out the window . Got home today at about 7ish feeling bloated from almost 2 days off plan - will need to do some serious damage limitation before weigh in on Tuesday . I'm going to have a sneaky peek at the scales tomorrow and I'm totally expecting a gain of at least 7lbs( I put on weight at an awful rate) BUT regardless of the gain I did have a fab time and I'm back on the wagon now . My mantra for the rest of the week is definitely think thin , be thin lol hope everyone is having a great week x

I've Quorn on the list for tomorrow coughdrops. I'd planned on doing fajitas so the hubby can have full chicken ones and I'll try them with the Quorn and my usual lettuce leafs. Going to do 5 days on green and Sunday extra easy as we were going to have roast beef. Would you normally do red green red green then?? I'd be great at maintaining too, it's gone ridiculous it really has. I hope this helps get me out of a rut.
Well done on joining back xx

Normally I do red during week, Mon to Thur. So my daily food would be (for example)

Yogurt and fruit for breakfast
OR
3 Ryvita from Hex B

Lunch
scrambled egg, cheese from HexA
salad
soup
If I've not had Ryvita for breakfast, I'll have it at lunch

Dinner
usually a stirfry or SW curry. So meat of choice, loads of veg and seasonings from spice rack (or a sauce sachet that I'll syn)
Instead of rice or pasta we have a side salad of chopped apple, chopped peppers, and rocket leaves.

Even DH eats that now, we've found rice to be very heavy in our stomachs going to bed.

If I am having a hungry day, I'll have Green- so I get a baked spud, beans and cheese for lunch. Dinner is still the same though, I just have no meat.

Fri /Sat / Sun I would go back to EE, it's handier if you're out and about.

(or really, Fri-Sun I go off plan totally!)

Have you used Quorn before? If not, I'd recommend adding a chicken stock cube to the "chicken pieces".

Edit: on red/green day I usually stick to 1 Hex A and 2 Hex Bs will either be 6 ryvitas throughout the day, or 3 ryvita and 2 Benefit bars from Aldi

I meant to drop in and post after my weigh in on Thursday evening!

Week 2 of Slimming world and I lost 1.5 pounds so I have lost 7.5 pounds in two weeks and I am enjoying life on the plan. I guess I can't complain so far
biggrin.png

I am 5"4 (female), what weight should I be aiming for as a final target weight, I want to try and approach my consultant about this next week. I originally was thinking of 10 stone but maybe it should be 9 stone or so.

Vahevala, you don't have to set a target just yet if you don't want to. You could just set an interim target (say take it a stone or whatever at a time) or if you want to try for 10st and when you get there, you want to go one way or another. The consultant can suggest from your bmi, but as we all know, bmis are nowhere near a hard and fast rule as they disregard too much so slimming world consultants arent supposed to tell you what weight you "should" be. Your target should be a weight YOU are happy with.
Your target can also be changed later if you change your mind x

Vahevala, you don't have to set a target just yet if you don't want to. You could just set an interim target (say take it a stone or whatever at a time) or if you want to try for 10st and when you get there, you want to go one way or another. The consultant can suggest from your bmi, but as we all know, bmis are nowhere near a hard and fast rule as they disregard too much so slimming world consultants arent supposed to tell you what weight you "should" be. Your target should be a weight YOU are happy with.
Your target can also be changed later if you change your mind x

Thank you. I think I will aim to get to 10 stone and see how I feel once I get there! I am just at the moment working from week to week and enjoying any losses that I see on the scales! :D

Sounds like an excellent plan. It took me about 6 months to decide on a final target (mainly because I knew I wouldn't be able to wrap my brain around attempting to lose 10st 4lb :p) am over halfway there tho and when I get to that target I'll reassess and see if I wanna go up or down from there x

I always knew what my target was but not everyone is like that, for me I always had 12st in my head and that has been mine since Day 1, I have reached three of the four interim targets and last one is the final target but like that I may actually change my mind and gain or lose when I get to 12st

I've always had 10st as my target but as I get near to it I really feel like I'd like to see a 9 in my weight so I might adjust it down a bit. For me it's more about size than weight though, I'd love to be a comfortable 12. I think I'd be happy with that!

I would realistically love to be in the 11's but I may change my mind when I get nearer that

Hi all, how is everyone. I've been missing again, just haven't got a chance to post, lo is teething and very cranky! I've stayed the same now the last few WIs, frustrated because I'm still 3lb from target.

Well done new me and Vahevela, ye are both flying along.

Cough drops I'm looking at your suggestions for green and I'm going to try a green day this week! When EE just seem to stall for me, I've mostly stuck with red with the odd EE. A change is always good!

Stick with it triple b, we all hit times like that and it comes together in the end!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Morning all

I've got w/i tonight, but I am waiting on my period to arrive and I am bloated as frig! Still hoping for something off, I'd take 0.5 lbs.

Back