Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Good luck, hope you get it xx

Sorry I wasn't on this week, my head was all over the place after the gain last week and I even drove myself nuts buying a second scales so I was up and down on two all week. There was a lot of tears and not much sleep so both have been taken off me again and locked away. Down a lb anyway this week so at least that's something. Would have liked more after doing the green week but I was still happy considering the scales had been saying something entirely else!!
Didn't find the green week too bad. Had smoked salmon and alpen lights as heb most days and twice I had chicken as heb. Holey moley you don't get a lot of chicken for 115grms of raw! Tried a couple of new receipes too which was a bonus. The spinach and sweet potatoe curry was delicious!

LOL at the 115 grams of chicken - it's like when you have to weigh pasta on a Red day, it's such a miserable amount that it isn't worth having!

Sorry you had such a bad week with your scales, weighing at home seems to play on your mind which can be so distracting (the times I've been sat at work thinking about my food diary :eek:). Can you try a week without going near them? Or even a few days... say leave it til Monday and then have a peek. I normally weigh Monday, Wed and then official w/i on a Thurs, but in between that they don't appeal to me at all.

Oh they are gone Coughdrops, they went Wednesday evening, hubby hid then again. I'm grand when I don't have them, I'm just terrible when I do have them and this time I had two I was going between!

Great week for me!

I lost 3 pounds this week and that makes it 10.5 pounds in total and it is only my 3rd week. In total including weight lost pre SW and post SW, I have lost 2 stone 8 pounds and I won the slimmer of the week!

Delighted with myself I am so happy I joined Slimming World now! I am actually going shopping for new jeans tomorrow (I was a size 26 when I started to diet, looking for size 22 now!
self I am so happy I joined Slimming World now! I am actually going shopping for new jeans tomorrow (I was a size 26 when I started to diet, looking for size 22 now!

Hi all, I have been offline a few days as I had going on last week. Mam's results came back and even though we are realistic, she still has liver cancer the news wasnt bad at all, her oncologist said that it has changed but the doctors were not really worried about it and Mam's next scan is in January, my first line to DH was we are going to have Mam for Christmas. As you can imagine, I'm really happy with this. Went for afternoon tea in the G Hotel before the appt and I indulged (considering I stayed within syns on Tuesday I think I was entitled to that) but went straight back on track Thursday. I brought my Mam and Dad to Galway (Salthill Hotel - absolutely fabulous and I got a great deal on a Triple room for a Friday night and they have a pool) and I stuck to my syns the night I stayed over. Back to basics yesterday and today I have to go into town and get the ingredients for the taster and Christmas party at class tomorrow so I will be doing my soup as well and making a diet coke chicken but instead of diet coke I'm using diet fanta (apparently it is like a sweet and sour). I'm hoping that Wednesday won't sabotage a loss tomorrow and I will be down most if not all of my gain last week.

Forgot to mention that I did a lot of shopping, I would have done a lot more only I have to save for a half day spa day on Bank Holiday Monday (27th) but I really enjoyed it.

Hi Orla, glad you got some positive news, it's great that the doctors aren't too worried. You'll have a lovely Christmas with her. Your weekend sounds lovely, just the break you all needed. Haven't been in Galway in years, but I love it there.

I certainly love it too, I spent way too much money but I got rid of a lot of stuff too so no harm in that. Have to say I loved the day away with my parents and I cant wait for Christmas to come.

We have our Christmas party today and are having a taster as well, I'm wearing red for the occasion and hopefully I will have more reasons to celebrate, fingers crossed I will have a loss

Happy out tonight as was down 1.5Ibs let's hope * week doesn't happen and maybe can hope for 2Ibs loss for my 6.5st

Have any of you ever gone to a different group? My weigh in day is a Thursday but cant go this week as the whole reason I started Slimming world last year is next weekend, my best friends wedding who I am bridesmaid for. I put in for a holiday this week but it doesn't feel right not going (how nuts does that sound lol) so was going to go to another local group, I have a choice between 5.30 Monday evening or 9.30 Tuesday morning, I just cant make up my mind. My normal time would be 3.30, so would I be better to go for the 5.30??

I've gone for a different group a couple of times, one at the same time on a different day and another at 10 am instead of 5 pm. My weight wasn't much different tbh between the two times. I suppose unless you normally have a big lunch on weigh in day, it probably won't make much difference.
Congrats on actually thinking about going when you have a holiday booked, it's weird how that happens, isn't it? X

Thanks Miss Taken, I wouldn't normally have a lunch as I bring it with me for after weigh in, I had decided against the 9.30 and to go tomorrow evening but then I thought I'd be starving come 5.30 so went back and decided on the 9.30, I am useless at decision making LOL.
I overthink it all too, if I go to the 5.30 I could be up a bit which will be grand come the following week as I will definitely be up after the wedding so it might not be as bad when I go back to the 3.30. Then I am thinking if i go to the 9.30 I'll be down which will give me a bit of a boost but come the following week the scales could show more.... I'm obsessed, I over think it all far too much!!!!!! This is what is constantly running through my head lol
I must be nuts even though I have a holiday booked in but I just don't feel right not going, its different when you are away on holidays but I'm surrounded by groups here!

Miss taken it's in a blue packet it's golden savoury rice?

Triple b, I've gone to different groups to and I would say go to another one if you can it will help keep you on track.

Enjoy the wedding :)

Good luck whatever you decide TripleB, you'll be fine, better going to a different timed class than not at all so either way you win.
NewMe14, I think that's the one, they changed the name as far as I know to match in with the supernoodles but I think the recipe is the same.

Back