Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Happy bank holiday everyone - what are the plans for today??

had a lovely day yesterday, had a half day spa package and I still feel lovely, was so relaxing

100% on plan all week and * week is gone now thank goodness for that but I just dont want to get my hopes up as all I need is 1.5Ibs to get my 6.5st award

On a non scale victory, I'm down another inch on my waist, so at least if the scales dont show it today I know I have my own little victory

I had a fabulous 5 day weekend for my best friends wedding! Worked my bum off for this day as I was privelleged to be one of her bridesmaid's. For the first time ever at a wedding I never left the dance floor, was on it all night. Had such a brilliant time. Family members on both sides didn't know who I was as they didn't recognise me.
I did try to make the right choices when i could. Back on the wagon today. Weigh in on thursday and my scales is telling me I'm up 8 lbs lol. I'm not too worried at all. What I wanted to loose the weight for has passed so now it's just going to be losing for me. So back on track, just done the shop so lots of superspeed in the fridge and 2 green days planned. Good luck everyone :)

My weigh in is this evening and I'm just not even going to think what if as it stresses me out too much.

Delighed triple b you had a great time at the wedding and that your okay with a gain but as you said the reason you lost the weight is over and you physically have drawn a line on that and now nothing in your way to stop you from reaching target

Can't believe it but look what I got this evening

ForumRunner_20141028_234625.png

I'm still in shock but sooo worth the wait

Well done orla that is just incredible!

I've been awol for the last while, still sticking to plan but not enough hours in the day sometimes haha!

How is everyone recovering from another bank holiday and facing into trick r treaters this week end??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well Done Orla hun, that is one almighty achievement! x
I've been a bit AWOL from here too the last couple of weeks. Got my 4st award 2 weeks ago, missed weigh-in last week due to work, back tonight with a 2 lb gain but not too upset about it as was expecting a 3 or 4 pound gain. Did the absolute dog on it all day Friday, due to excessive drinkie-poos on Thursday night! Sigh! I'll never learn!

Back on track now! xxx

Triple B, I'm still on a high, getting my walk in every morning this week (except the miserable wet Tuesday but got my walk in in the afternoon) and just in great form really, now that I have that award, I didnt want to say it until I got it but I did doubt would I ever get it. If any of ye are on slimming sisters ireland, I posted my cert up on that and I know the women who run that site on facebook and already I have 149 likes, it definitely is worth it when you get that, it spurred me on this week too.

runmammyrun, when we all reach target (which I know for sure you all will) we will look back on the tough times (us Irish are classic at remembering the hard times more so than the good times) and we will see it differently then than now, it is all a learning curve and how you cope when it gets tough strengthens your character, your resolve and your determination. You come on here and you tell all of us you have been a bit awol but yet your next line is you have been on plan, that is the right attitude to have and I have no doubt you are going to achieve your goal, this is something I know for sure will never happen again, I certainly wont go back to the way I was, I just know I'm going to be good for life because I have got used to the healthy choices and that is a great feeling knowing that.

Vavaness, the same for you, think of going awol as a learning curve and I have to say I'm very impressed, two weeks and you gained 2Ibs, you must have been making a lot of healthy choices in those two weeks and well done on your 4st award, I bet that felt good

trick or treating wont affect me as DH and I have no children, we have the goodies in but they will all be gone by tomorrow night, it is the parents who I feel sorry for, your children will probably come back with loads of stuff. I told my consultant at image therapy, dump them and dont feel guilty about it. The Irish have this thing about waste not want not and that has been my downfall all my life. Dont feel one bit guilty or if you dont want to dump then give them in to some charity shop who will have no problem giving them out to families who cant have them like SVP

Hi girls,

Well done Orla and vavaness on your awards. You both should be so proud. :)

miss taken you will have your 6.5 award back to no time hope your ok xx

Triple b sounds like you had a fantastic time :)

Hope I haven't missed anyone on my phone and i can't quote etc.

I am doing ok. I kind of feel stuck in a rut at the moment I don't know maybe I just need to mix things up a bit I don't know sometimes it just feels like SW and planning food takes over my life. On the other hand I know I can't quit and have come so far and want that target award!

NewMe, thanks very much, I have to say your doing fantastic, you only joined this year and look at what you have lost already, keep up the good work and in no time you will have reached target

NewMe, thanks very much, I have to say your doing fantastic, you only joined this year and look at what you have lost already, keep up the good work and in no time you will have reached target

Thanks Orla for your very kind words :) x

Well I was up 4lbs!! Delighted with that seen as my own scales told me it was 8 on Monday so managed to pull it back a bit. Every ounce was worth it. I just hope, hope, HOPE I can keep on going. Ever since I joined last year my focus was always for that weekend. Now its gone and there is nothing now to keep me as focused as I was. Maybe I need a break from being so strict and just follow the plan as normal and hope with the pressure being off that maybe I will start losing again. My consultant seems to think I can lose 10 stone, half way there but its a struggle now.

NewMe14;7594651 I am doing ok. I kind of feel stuck in a rut at the moment I don't know maybe I just need to mix things up a bit I don't know sometimes it just feels like SW and planning food takes over my life. On the other hand I know I can't quit and have come so far and want that target award![/QUOTE said:
I know how you feel I was stuck for the past 4 months, tried the scan bran challenge twice, success express twice, and changing around what I had as I always had the same for brekkie & lunch and nothing really helped.
Don't quit, you have done amazing in the 9 months since you joined. Maybe do yourself up a new comparison pic and that may help get your mojo back xx

I weighed in yesterday and was down 2.5 lbs so was delighted. I have lost 3 stone since I started wanting to lose weight. I have lost 1 stone, 3 lbs so far on SW in 6 weeks so really happy with my progress and now am fitting in to a size 20 top.. chuffed :D I have dropped 3 sizes in tops and 3 sizes in trousers!

Your very welcome NewMe and I definitely recommend doing what Triple B suggested. I did this last weekend and put it up on facebook and so far I have had 66 likes, this really spurred me on and I put more effort in and it paid off thankfully

Well done Vahevala, that is fantastic, keep up the good work, I love when I try something on and it is too big and having to look for the smaller size yayyyy

Back