Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

WOW 10lb to target! That's unbelievable you must be so excited! I've been really good the past two days with the same plan for today so fingers crossed- just want to lose the 1.5lb I put on last week!! Had a bit of a meltdown this morning getting ready for work and none of my clothes fit me. It's a good complaint, but I needed to get out of the house and out to work.

Right, get out of the woodwork the lot of ye, I'm on a mission and I need to talk about it!! I've been having a bad time of it lately (no motivation, up a pound, down a pound), got as far as 5lbs to target in December and have been hovering around there since. I was away for a few days before Easter and ate rings around myself and then came home and kept at it. So my sister and I headed for Cashel on Thursday - the consultant there covered our group last year for a while and we found her really inspiring. It worked a treat and I'm all revved up and ready to lose! I've done 2 SP days now and plan to stay on them for another few - I weigh in on Tuesday so this time round I've only 5 days to get a loss. I really need somewhere to post to keep my motivation- so I logged on last night to see if there was anyone around but no luck so I logged off all lonely. Then I decided that I'd try and flush someone out so here I am!!!

Consider me flushed. ..which is appropriate since I feel like poo. Been doing exactly the same as you ever since Christmas. Every time i get back on track, i get sidetracked again. I have signed up for Race for Life (end of May), and I really wanna have some weight off before then. It's not all bad. I got my butt back to Zumba this week (even with my back playing up) and joined a yoga class (it's really helping my back). Training starts tomorrow for R4L, I have 6 weeks and I really wanna jog most of it. I could have my 7st award by then if I behave :p

Might have to do that, have not measured since February, but I'm about half a stone up from my lowest.
How r u finding sp? I might have to give it a go for a couple of days but I don't like the cauliflower rice and find it difficult to have dinner without a "side"

Last edited:
I don't really mind it - I have a lot of salads, or I do roasted veg if I need a change. I use courgette instead of pasta and hardly notice a difference. Half a stone up is nothing - didn't you just get married??

I'm really proud of myself this morning - my daughter had football training this morning and there is a great walk at the clubhouse. I got dressed to walk but the weather was really miserable. I was so tempted to just sit in the bar and drink coffee - but I forced myself out and did 3 laps - 5km done and dusted!!

That's fantastic! Really well done ;) especially if your weather was as bad as it was here this morning. I think sometimes we get so hung up on whether or not its raining and forget that we are not in fact the wicked witch of the west and we will not melt. Let's face it, it's ireland, if we stayed indoors every time there was a spit of rain, we'd be hermits, congrats on getting out :p x
I'm not sure about the courgette, I think I'm kinda scared to try it which is totally weird. Salads for lunches used to work tho, and breakfast is easy, I almost always have overnight oats so could have a synned yoghurt (god knows, my house is full of them) since mullers aren't free on sp for some weird reason. Not too worried about the half stone up cuz I know if I get my butt in gear, I can shift that in two weeks...I just need to stay on plan for two weeks. And yup, I'm recently married, but that is still almost 2 months ago and I haven't gotten back on plan :p

Ah give yourself a break - I first lost weight with SW before I got pregnant with my second and finally started to lose weight just before his 2nd birthday - he was 3 last month and I'm still not there!!

I got quite an education on SP on Thursday - you can't have any yogurts at all on SP days - not even synned ones as they have an sp allowance. I also heard last night that you can't have pre packed ham either. Takes quite a lot of planning and preparation!!

Never heard the ham thing and I thought you could still use ur syns on whatever you want, even yoghurt? Xx

You can't use your syns on anything with a free food allowance - so yogurts with syns have syns because of added sugar or fruit or whatever so technically you could have the fruit layer off the fruitopolis for example but not the actual yogurt if you know what I mean....,

Great news about the ham btw!!

Can I join ye here too? I was "following" sw plan for about a year, fooling no one except myself! Got a butt kicking last week by a good friend, badly needed coz I ve so much to lose it should be falling off me! So new beginning last thurs and here I am following sp correctly and first weigh in tomorrow! Support from anywhere is wonderful !

Welcome Sonasgirl - hope you get the results tomorrow!!

I had another decent SP day - no photos today as I was back to work and forgot to take them when I packed my lunch! Food today:

B: 2 weetabix, skimmed milk
Snack: melon, pear, mandarins, hifi bar (hex b), wafer bar - 6 syns
L: salad with bacon and egg, light salad cream (3syns)
D: courgette Bolognese

Welcome, good to have you here :p I need a friend like that, sonasgirl. Didn't make it to class last night as I had it booked off (my mum wasn't going as this past weekend was a hard one for her so I stayed home too). Weighed myself this morning and I'm back up over 16st. Not only am I out of my 6.5st award, now I'm out of my 6st too. This is not continuing. I have the hubs told. He is to stop bringing me home sweets, stop suggesting takeaways, stop being ok with me getting fatter again. I begged him to be hard on me cuz I don't have the willpower at the minute to be hard on myself.
I took my purse out of my van, kept only my fuel card for work, I am gonna stop carrying money around with me beyond what I need because "have money, will stop at a petrol station for junk".
Today for breakfast, I have with me a large black coffee (with syn free coffee syrup as I am not a coffee drinker but it keeps my mind off food), a measure of porridge oats and a muller plus 5 kiwis (I don't plan to eat them all but if I get munchies, better to have something).
For lunch, I have vegetable soup...its very thick broth type and mega filling. Also have coffee pods for another coffee.
When I get home from work, I always have the munchies so I will probably have another muller as my house is coming down with them and they're short dated.
Have extra lean pork and leek burgers out to defrost for dinner so will either have them as is or make scotch eggs and have them with chips.
Will check in this evening if I stick to the plan.

Sorry for not been on here for ages, I'm just reading back on all the posts and catching up with what has been going on. Have to say I have had three good weeks even though I was off plan at the funeral and still managed to lose 1Ib but my consultant said to me that I had three losses in the last three weeks, something I hadnt noticed until she said that to me, as you can imagine I was thrilled.

Has been a very busy few weeks both at work and at home and it seems things have quietened down this week. My mam got great news last Wednesday, her cancer has stabilised so for the first time in ages I'm not as stressed as I used to be and this often would go against me at the scales, although totm has just landed so not sure how this is going to go, time will tell though

Back