Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Good to see you back orla and glad ur mum is doing well. Congrats on the consecutive losses, that's amazing.
So far, I've stuck to plan today. Went to the cinema this evening tho and had a punnet of grapes instead of a bag of crisps so I'm mega proud of myself. Training also commenced for Race for life. X

My guts would never be happy with a punnet of grapes - the rest of the people in the cinema wouldn't be impressed either!!!

I was down 2lbs today - I was a little disappointed - I have been so on plan with all SP days but hopefully it'll show next week!

Good morning! Well yesterday was the first time I'd say that I had a 100% day on weigh in day. I've always gone to a 7:30 class, never had dinner, got home at 10 ish maybe had a sandwich and a big treat and my poor system was all over the place. But my group now has a 3:30 session so I can go on the way home from work and have dinner the same as usual. I did have more Syns than usual yesterday - but still stayed within the 15.

I've set myself some mini - goals. All very achievable if I behave, averaging 1 - 2lb a week. Hoping a time limit will stop me procrastinating ("it's ok, I'll get back on plan next week"). If I stick to it and achieve them, I should be less than a stone to target by the Monday before Christmas

How's everyone else getting on today? I'm feeling extremely sore but productive at least. Started training for Race for Life this week and made the mistake of following last night's training with a zumba class...oops, looking forward to yoga to stretch out the muscles.
Decided to make my life a bit easier this week and prepped a massive bag of spuds. Washed them all then the biggest ones went in the slow cooker for jackets. Wrapped in foil then in the freezer. Just have to defrost and bake to crisp when needed.
Littlest ones were boiled in skins for salad potatoes. Will probably freeze them too.
All the rest were peeled, chipped, blanched and frozen in portions to chuck in the actifry as needed.
Should all make it easier to get the motivation to actually make dinners.

Last edited:
Wow that's some potato organisation!!

I'm just back from Paris after running the marathon on Sunday. Feeling exhausted but happy to be back into a routine after eating ALL the bad food!! Sooo many pastries and lots of bread and alcohol.
Going to WI tomorrow morning which is back to my usual Friday WI. I had stopped WI whilst marathon training over the last few months as I needed to just focus on one thing at a time. But I'm now back with a bang!! I'm guessing I'm around 9st now so would like to get back down to 8st for summer time hopefully.

I'll do this with a mixture of SW and 2 fast days a week as this worked for me so well the first time. I'll also be going back to the gym and doing weights/classes with the odd run thrown in. Looking forward to not having to run 4 times a week anymore!!!

Lol, it was a big bag and required a lot of organisation :p it's the irish in me, I like my spuds.
Congrats on the marathon, I didn't realise you were a runner. You're kinda at the opposite end of the scale from me, I cannot run to save myself but am trying to get into it...my "training" last night consisted of 2 minutes 3.5mph walk (1% incline), 1 minute 6mph jog (same incline) repeated 7 times and it just about killed me :p I am still hovering around double your goal weight tho.

Lol, it was a big bag and required a lot of organisation :p it's the irish in me, I like my spuds.
Congrats on the marathon, I didn't realise you were a runner. You're kinda at the opposite end of the scale from me, I cannot run to save myself but am trying to get into it...my "training" last night consisted of 2 minutes 3.5mph walk (1% incline), 1 minute 6mph jog (same incline) repeated 7 times and it just about killed me :p I am still hovering around double your goal weight tho.

I only started running 18 months ago and used the C25K app in the gym on the treadmill! Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can!!! xx

I've started that app more times than I can count :p I got as far as week 5 but my own treadmill is pants and the belt keeps slipping. Haven't a clue where to get a replacement or who to ask to fit it (it's a pretty old motorised argos one). I do have a gym membership but I'm mostly too lazy to go to the gym.
Started race for life's 6 week 5k training plan (which is the same as the start of kiqplan's 10k race for life plan so I might graduate to 10k after r4l) and will hopefully be ready in time for the race at the end of may

I started outside on tuesday and only did it at the gym yesterday because I was already going for zumba. I do feel very self conscious outside tho cuz I'm still pretty big and being new to running, I feel a bit like everyone is pointing and laughing...I know that most likely no one cares tho

I know what you mean but myself and any other of my friends who run have always been of the attitude "come on yeee girl yeeee!" as they say here ;) or "well it's better than sitting on your a*se!!"
I genuinely have never saw someone running and thought "what are they doing?"

We all have to start somewhere :)

The best part of it is that it's not the runners that I'm worried about pointing and laughing at me. It's the lazy beasts whose biggest exercise involves reaching for another bag of crisps and the remote control...y'know, people like I used to be ;) x

After being a little naughty last night (star day!!) I weighed in at my lowest in living memory - so that motivated me to be pretty good. I got my walk in but I really have to get running - I promised a friend that I'd run with her on holiday and right now I couldn't run to the front door - I have 10 weeks!!

Lol, I have 6 weeks til R4L and 1 minute jog is pushing it still did my training today even tho I could quite happily have not. Enjoying it tho. Was a bit off plan too last night, had a couple of drinks and a buffet instead pf dinner and managed to have weighed this morning lower than yesterday.

Lol, I have 6 weeks til R4L and 1 minute jog is pushing it still did my training today even tho I could quite happily have not. Enjoying it tho. Was a bit off plan too last night, had a couple of drinks and a buffet instead pf dinner and managed to have weighed this morning lower than yesterday.

Maybe sometimes the metabolism needs a little kick!! I'm doing entertainment for a kids party tomorrow so I'm going to have to get all organised before I leave - make sure I take enough with me to keep me out of trouble and have dinner ready to cook when I get home so that I don't give in to the exhaustion and get a takeaway!!

Back