Irish gal looking for a buddie

Big up the Irish crew! :D From Dublin myself.

Dann I'm in the exact same boat as you...

'This is my second (proper) time to do Lipotrim. I say "proper" cos I have pi$$ed about with it a few times in between but my head just wasnt in the right place each of those times and I didnt do TFR properly and quit fairly quickly'

...I did it four years ago in November and lost 2 stone in 6 weeks. I stupidly came off it a week before Christmas, did two days re-feed and went on the absolute lash, eating and drinking all around me for a while. So have tried it a few times after then but never got through the first few days. So my stomach has been bloated since the first time, a lot of water weight as well as the flab! So everyone, re-feed to the letter!

I think the reason I found it so hard-apart from the no food! Is the social isolation that comes with it. I am finishing my thesis at the moment, so thought no better way to restart than now to keep me off the booze etc. It was going really well the first three days or so, but days four to eight or so have been tough. On day nine now and it's a little better. I'm not doing anywhere near the amount of thesis work I should be doing but possibly I'm using LT as an excuse to be lazy!

My first w.i. was Monday and I had lost 7lb. Good of course but was a little disappointed as I lost 11lb the first time. It's probably something to do with messing around with it I'm sure. I think I was slow to get into ketosis also, al that water weight maybe. So only doing 3 weeks TFR this time, doing refeed and finishing the day my thesis is in. After which I'm going to stick to a healthy low carb approach. Carbs are the devil for me-I love them too much!

Anyways, not long now. Just thought I'd post as have been stalking the forums since I started so thought it would be nice to post.

Sorry for the epic rant everyone!! Good luck to you all.

x

Hope the Irish gang are all holding up well. Remember, keep up the water intake. Drink 3-4 litres of water every day. Use your time on TFR to reflect on your eating habits, the why and when questions are important. If we dont ask ourselves these questions then TFR is just another swing of the yoyo pendulum. TFR is the easy part, the real challenge for us is to maintain and we can't do that without changing our habits.
Good luck all for next weigh in.

So true Irish Molly. On that note, I have found Paul Mc Kenna -'I can make you thin' to be very good. For me personally my problem is that I've never been at a weight I was happy with (even when I was thin!), so always been dieting, failed, turned to a more extreme diet, failed and so on. A downward spiral that I'm sure lots of people around here are familiar with. I hope that this stint on LT will put me in a position where I'm happier and more confident so better able to start 'intuitive eating' - as per the PMcK book, rather than comfort eating as a result of failed diets and being overweight. I feel that I'm in the right head space for it, and that's what it's all about. Onwards and upwards!

x

Agreed flipper, also found it relaxing and reassuring to listen to the CD and feel good about food.

I am nearly there. another 7 lbs to go
weight loss was slower this time average was only about 3 lbs per week
finding it very difficult now as the end is in sight and I am terrified of coming off as i have a very heavy social calendar for August

Hey Carlos,

I guess one thing you could do when you come off it is keep a picture of yourself at your start weight in your wallet, or as the wallpaper on your phone, like one you really really don't like, and then whenever you go to the bar or look at your phone you're reminding yourself of how far you've come, and that whatever it is you want at the bar/food wise is probably not worth it!!

Ah howarye lads

Nice to know there is a bit of Irish blood aboard! Seems like ye are all doing well. On day 1 today. Just had a mouse to start.

Second time round doing LT. I did it 3 years ago this summer. Started off weighing (at my heaviest THEN) at 14st and got down to 12st over the space of 5 weeks. Life got in the way then.

So, here I am again. Hell bent on getting this sorted. I currently weigh 15st 3 lbs.

Hey everyone!! Ive been on TFR for nearly two months now (week 7 I think?) Its my significant birthday on 13th Aug so Im going to come off TFR REFEED FOR TWO WEEKS (Thanks for that advice Flipper I was the same first time off TFR two years ago) then maintenance. Take it easy and then go back on in September. Im not at my goal but if I keep good(ish) and not go too overboard I think I will be ok!!

Kellybell that is some great advice I might sneak that one too!!

Here's to hoping for an hour of no rain today!! I loved the thunder yesterday in Dublin but man it was wet ;)

Ah céad míle failte Leanan!!

Tootiefrooie - That's my plan, I was going through photo last night to paick one that really annoys me and I think I've found it, it's one an ex-friend had uploaded to FB and had made some really nasty comments about, so I know when I see it it'll impress upon me the importance of losing the poundage!! As for the weather, yeah I know it's mental, apparently lightning hit a H&M window up near Grafton St?? Scary business!!

Extreme fail.

Only had one sachet.
One large americano.
A **** rehearsal.
A cry.

Just ATE. Popped 4 Xanex and White Wine.

What happened dear?? Are you ok?

Had a very bad day yesterday broke my diet and put on 3 lbs it is so crazy
how come i can go for weeks with no food and then go bang any tips for coping
i started off with a salad of tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and ham and finished up eating bread and jam and sweets I am a total disaster it will have cost me a weeks loss
I am so fed up

Oh dear hard luck carlos!! If you go to the Day_1 thread in the 100% forum you'll see a list of recipes for the LT powders that might keep you entertained. Don't be hard on yourself you'll learn a lot more from this one experience than you think! You don't have too much to go, you'll have it off in no time at all. Just try to fill in your day with pleasant thoughts about being well and being fit and healthy and most of all happy. Weight is just a manifestation of emotional baggage so the happier we are the less we have to carry (IMHO)! Love and hugs for your turning back in the direction of where you want to go xx

So, is this where I fing 'The Craic' ? I'm new and from Belfast, Bonjour all. About to start this coming Monday so will no-doubt be on here screaming for help by Thursday !

you are doing very very well keep it up
i went into LT100% forum but could not see Day-i thread any ideas of how I could get it
thaknks for all your help

Oh dear hard luck carlos!! If you go to the Day_1 thread in the 100% forum you'll see a list of recipes for the LT powders that might keep you entertained. Don't be hard on yourself you'll learn a lot more from this one experience than you think! You don't have too much to go, you'll have it off in no time at all. Just try to fill in your day with pleasant thoughts about being well and being fit and healthy and most of all happy. Weight is just a manifestation of emotional baggage so the happier we are the less we have to carry (IMHO)! Love and hugs for your turning back in the direction of where you want to go xx

Chocolate/Vanilla/strawberry Flavours
Muffin
1.Put a little BOILING WATER into a ramekin dish, or whatever you have - thick mug or similar (about 2 desert spoons to begin with - you can add more later if necessary)

2. Add the choc pack (or whatever flavour you desire) and mix it to a THICK PASTE so thick you think it’s too thick!

3. Put into the microwave on high for just over a minute - if it looks a bit soggy in the middle put it back for about 10 seconds or so.....

BE CAREFUL IT DOES'NT BURN!!!!
Ice Cream
Put 11 ice cubes in a liquidiser (a strong one) and crush the ice. Add a food pack (chocolate is a good one!) - add a small amount of water (about 2 tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream"

Smoothie
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water, and your food pack in a Smoothie Maker and blend for approx. 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious cold frothy whatever flavour you like.

Bar of Chocolate!
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack! Mix pack with a bit of water till you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more. It really tastes quite like chocolate!

Variation : Use half chocolate and half vanilla for a Mars bar!
Chocolate Biscuit
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for 2.30 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolatey biscuit with a “dunking” texture.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Caffe Latte
Mix a hot vanilla shake add a teaspoon of coffee and some sweeteners
“Chocolate Pudding & Chocolate Sauce”
Microwave most of the choc pack like a cookie but keep some aside and mix into a thick paste whilst the muffin is cooking. Take muffin out and smear with thick choc goo and eat, it really does taste nice and cools the muffin down. I suppose this can be done with vanilla 'icing' too.

Chocolate Custard
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70 mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes a lovely hot chocolate custard.

Hot ChocoMint
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a chocolate pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx. 20 secs and stir (better if you whisk with an aerolatte) – Divine!

Soups
Chicken Stuffing
Mix as you would do for a chocolate muffin but use a packet of chicken soup instead. Cook in microwave for 1.40 secs or more or less depending on how dry you like it.

Poppadom’s
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.

Crisps
Mix a soup pack, black pepper, salt and Tabasco to paste using sparkling water. Spoon tiny bite size pieces onto some baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Put in the microwave for approx 1 min depending on the power of your microwave – mine is 900 watts and I put them in for 1 min. If you wish you can shake some salt over them when they are finished.

Good morning 2 sizes my dear. I'm super this morning looking forward to a hot bath to soak my dancing feet and legs following some dance floor routines last night at the wedding. I really enjoyed myself and everyone was delighted with me when I could drive them home at 4 am :). I have to admit to having a sneaky diet coke other than that i was good. Hope you having a nice weekend. Think I'm going to start writing a diary as I'm doing a serious boot camp until my trip to Holland... see how much i can loose

Back