Irrational thoughts...only on day 2!!

misscooks

I keep thinking to myself, 'ok, I've done a day and a half of SS, it was easy! So, if I eat today, I can start again tommorow, now that I know I can do it'.

I know its a completly stupid thing to think, I am a binge eater, what I am really wanting to do is stuff myself with food, I am just making up any old excuse. I am not even hungry, my body is so used to very low calories/liquid diets from what I have done over past few years to shift the 7 stone I have lost already in that time, so thats not the problem. I dont want to get into a binge/starve pattern AGAIN. I am doing caimbridge to rid myself of that pattern, to be normal and eat properly.

I am not going to break this, I am going to stick with it, but how can I shake these silly thoughts? I am really worried about next week, once my DS goes to school I am alone, living in the middle of nowhere and bored all day. Weekends are ok for me, DH is also doing SS, he really obese and needs to lose weight for his health, so I will not eat when hes around as then he will too and I dont want it on my conscience. But he works away all week!

Has anyone else felt like this at the beginning? I know it will be easier when I have say, 14 days behind me. Then I really wont want to ruin things, but I keep thinking, 'i'm only one day down' at the moment. I cant really talk to freinds/family about this as they all think its a faddy diet and cant understand why I dont just go to weight watchers.

x

hiya miss ive been thinking exactly the same im on day 4 of ss and keep thinking ohh well if i go out today and cheat just once its ok i can get back on it tmorrow nopeeeeeeeeeeee stop right there we have started this for a reason we so badly want to lose weight and thats the reason why we are here to lose this weight thats making us so miserable , the worst thing you could do is eat <so im telling meself> itll make it much harder next time you start and then you will always be thinking the same and few months down the line and we have cracked it and lost a brill amount of weight we can pat eachother on the back and say yesssssssss we did it ..and just think if we did cheat in a few months time we either be the same weight or bigger stick with it hun we can both do it hard as it is just keep thinking or how you wanna look and what you wanna weight good luck hun debs xxxx

I keep thinking to myself, 'ok, I've done a day and a half of SS, it was easy! So, if I eat today, I can start again tommorow, now that I know I can do it'.

Bloomin' well done for recognising the chatterbox:clap: It's evil isn't it:sigh:

how can I shake these silly thoughts?
What about not shaking them? I don't think we ever really do. We have wonderful days when they don't appear, and days when they bug us like crazy. They are there. They are harmless unless we give in to the thoughts.

Recognise them and accept that is what happens. Then just make the decision to not act on them. Give yourself 5-10 minutes if possible to do something soothing. You don't really have a choice over what you think, but you have plenty of choice over what you do.

Remember, don't do anything today that you might regret tomorrow;)

Best of luck :)

Thankyou. I am trying my best to take a step back when these thoughts come to me, trying not to act in such a compulsive way. Its hard though. i have been locked in a binge/starve cycle for so long now. Do you know what the most silly thing of all is? If I stick to this (and I will if it kills me, lol) I will be at my goal weight in 4 weeks. then I can move up the steps slowly, and introduce food in a more healthy way. I am not thinking about that yet though, when I do, I panic, however, I know when I have finally abstained from eating (and the overeating that omes with it) for 4 weeks straight I will have beaten a pesonal demon. To me, thats more important tnan the weight loss, if you know what I mean.

Do you know what the most silly thing of all is? If I stick to this (and I will if it kills me, lol) I will be at my goal weight in 4 weeks.

That's not silly at all. As you are closer to goal, you get the "I'm near target" demon. The sense of urgency is gone. Besides, destructive thoughts are there whatever you have to lose and whatever part of the 'journey' you're on.

To me, thats more important tnan the weight loss, if you know what I mean.

Know exactly what you mean. It's a huge battle to win.

Well, got through day 2! Back from a childrens party, stuck to water and feel proud of myself. Off to bed now.

Its good to know I am not alone with the way I feel about food. It can be a bit of a lonley battle sometimes.

Never alone with minis, never x

As Vicky said.. ur not alone u have everyone here to support u, if u get through the next few days... then uve cracked it. Good luck.

Back