Is anyone else Adopted

Sorry Im not didnt want to read and run, but they say adopted children are special because they are chosen.

I'm not adopted but my family was created through adoption.I adopted three beautiful children who are now 9,10 and 11 x

peggypig said:
Sorry Im not didnt want to read and run, but they say adopted children are special because they are chosen.

Awwww thats so lovely xxx
Im 34 now i met my birth parents 12 years ago and my 2 sisters and brother xxx

Lucia Lucia said:
I'm not adopted but my family was created through adoption.I adopted three beautiful children who are now 9,10 and 11 x

That is fantastic thanks so much for sharing that with me. I think adoption is fantastic my adopted parents are amazing i love them so much ive had a lot of medical problems and still have and they have been amazing i am very lucky to have them xxx

Sorry, I'm not adopted but I didn't want to just read and run.

When I'm a bit older I want to have my own children, but I'd also love to adopt. It must be such a wonderful feeling to adopt a child and give them a chance at a better life - Angelina Jolie is particularly inspiring.

I am not adopted, been in care though so sort of know what it is like, labels are so easy to give but it takes a lot to look and love a child. adoption is amazing and I would love to it one day, I want to adopt older children as everyone wants an adopted baby and a lot of older children miss out

I am not adopted, been in care though so sort of know what it is like, labels are so easy to give but it takes a lot to look and love a child. adoption is amazing and I would love to it one day, I want to adopt older children as everyone wants an adopted baby and a lot of older children miss out

I too was in care, and think adoption and fostering ought to be easier!

my eldest was in the last chance saloon. She was 4 and passed over and over for couples who wanted babies. She is 12 tomorrow and came to us at 4 and a half and I couldnt love her more if i'd made her myself.

However modern adoption in the uk is not for the feignt hearted. Many children have extemely traumatised pasts and many children are very damaged emotionally and need very specific support and care way over what is normal parenting and some children, like one of mine will never fully recover from the horrific abuse they suffered.

But adoption is a wonderful thing

I was adopted as a new baby. I met my birth parents when i was 22. Still in touch they are wonderful people. My adopted parents are amazing i love them so much xxx

Lucia Lucia, I am with you all the way on what you say. We adopted two fantastic children over 4 years ago now, whilst there have been downs the ups far far outweigh this and I wouldn't change anything for the world. Couldn't read and run.

I just want to say whilst I haven't officially adopted any children, I am mummy to my ex partners son. My ex had custody of his son from 9 months old and I was with his dad until he was 20 months old. I still share parent responsibility (not legally, by mutual verbal agreement). J is now 31 months old.

His mum hasn't seen him since his 1st birthday and he started calling me mummy, of which his dad never corrected!

Therefore it's similar, but you're all right I couldn't love him more even if I made him myself! :) xxx

I'm not adopted, but me and my hubby would love to adopt one day. we're not in a position financially (or home wise) to do it right now, but we never wanted Sophie to be an only child and as we can't have more children but have so much love to give, we'd both love to adopt.

Back