Is anyone else having trouble sleeping?

Nelliduff

Getting there slowly ...
I am sleeping properly about one night in three - and then only because I am so tired I conk out.

This is NOT a usual problem for me and I was wondering if it has anything to do with CD.

Nelli

Sorry can't answer that one but didn't want to read and run. I'm not sleeping well either but it's for a different reason i.e. 2 gazillion trips to the loo no matter how early I stop drinking!

You're not alone - I've been having the same problem. I've also been accusing my OH of snoring much louder, but I realised I'm just more aware of it because I'm not in such a deep sleep!!!

I just thought that perhaps it's because I'm used to having a glass (or two ...) of red wine at night & that I was going through some sort of withdrawal? Maybe not if others are going through the same thing.

My previous diet was also pretty carb heavy during the evening & I know that carbs can make me drowsy, so perhaps that has something to do with it too ??

i'm the opposite, having the best sleep i have ever had since being on CD.!!

Hi Jessie - know what you mean about the snoring:eek:

Don't think the lack of sleep is down to the lack of red wine. I am in my seventh week and didn't have any alcohol in the two or three weeks lead up to re-start - and it was about the third week before I noticed this not sleeping (bizarre for me as I'd be world sleep champion if there were such a thing).

Leeds 123 - Lucky, lucky you - I feel like hitting my head on the headboard at about 4am I am so desparate to drop off :(

Nelli

Hi Nellie,I have a lot of trouble sleeping,and if i wake up say at 5 in the morning thats it I have to get up as no matter how hard I try I just cant get back to sleep,I have been like it every time i do this diet.I am absolutely knackered by 9 in the evening though,and now the clocks have changed probably wont manage much past 8.30pm,however Im wondering if perhaps we dont really need that much sleep as once I am up Im not yawning all over the place like I used to be,and I feel fine!!
xx

I'm having trouble sleeping but then again I always do. Was hoping this would change when on the diet but alas, like most of the positive effects of ketosis i seem to be missing out on it. Have noticed I'm not so tired in the afternoons though but this is probably down to the fact that I used to eat a carb packed lunch. xx

i too am sleeping like a baby,i could not get to sleep before 3am when i was stuffed with carbs and the pain from joints,now i cant last after 10pm and am up at 6.30am every morning to walk the dog,wow

It is interesting how doing the same thing can affect us in different ways.

Julie, I love your hair in the picture - just what I fancied but I don't know if I would be able to deal with it properly ! Haven't done anything with mine yet - had it tied back for the past two weeks :(

Nelli

I've definitely noticed I wake up earlier now. Never really seem to lie-in much. Think I am looking forward to my porridge for breakie too much! LOL

It is interesting how doing the same thing can affect us in different ways.

Julie, I love your hair in the picture - just what I fancied but I don't know if I would be able to deal with it properly ! Haven't done anything with mine yet - had it tied back for the past two weeks :(

Nelli
Thanks Nellie,I have to have mine short,cant cope with the growing stage!!You havent decided what to do with yours yet then?I know you were thinking of going shorter,no more thoughts on that?
xx

last week i was having props sleeping, so i stopped having my last shake (coffee and vanilla) earlies and stopped drinking water 2 hours before went sleep!! also i tried rescue sleep for one night (asked llc) and it helped so once i got out of not sleeping im back sleeping haha

Hi Julie - I've had my below chin bob for so many years now I am scared to part with it - however after I did LL and new hair didn't seem to grow for a while, when it finally did I've got this whole new "layer" which is now about the five inch mark. Instead of looking sleek - it looks broken. My hair is fine but lots of it - and the shorter stuff flies about - sounds charming eh. I am not really happy at all. Did you see the cut that Jade Goody has in OK a few weeks ago?
Nelli

No I havent seen that Nellie,but,Jade does usually have really nice styles when she has it short
xx

Back