Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Is anyone else not finding out how much they've lost?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by loved-up, 12 January 2009 Social URL.

1. loved-up

loved-up Is determined and focused

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.22%)
    Diet:
    exante (with a bit of s&s ;0)
    Ok so I'm probably going to be on my own on this:p

But when I had my first weigh in before my restart I asked my cdc not to tell me how much I weighed as I knew it would make me:eek: lol!

Now I have also asked her to only tell me what I've lost at the end of each month

I guess my reasoning is that if I have a week or two of not so good losses I'll get really demotivated (and I will have 'helpful' people telling me that I could have lost that on ww or sw or blah blah blah:rolleyes:) but even pretty poor losses added up monthly are going to look good right?! So I thought it might help me keep on track seeing as I'm a very all or nothing kind of person

So what do you think? A good idea or asking for trouble? and is anyone else doing this and does it work for you?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sammylammy

sammylammy Trying Harder

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I weigh myself daily, its what keeps me motivated (10lbs in 5 days) but then my scales might be different from the cc so I may be disappointed tomorrow. You will feel the difference in your clothes so I think if you would sooner wait a month, then whats the harm? Wouldnt work for me though i am far too impatient!!!!

4. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I think its a good idea, although I dont think I could do it. I know when I did CD last year, I was on my scales daily! I couldnt help myself. And no doubt I'll be the same once I re-start. lol. But I certainly think thats getting your losses monthly is a good idea.

5. Red Mich

Red Mich Likes to read

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi loved-up
    I don't weigh in between sessions, in fact i hide my scales!
    But i think that's really cool not knowing.. unless it makes you de-motivated. Some people need reassurance all the time that the diet is working.
    I'm sure you can tell from your clothes how you're getting on! Keep at it!

6. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    I admire you,I really wish I could do that but I am a compulsive weigher,how fantastic I am so jealous just imagine how you are gonna feel when you hear how much you have lost wow!!
    xx

7. Bonzo

Bonzo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Fraid I'm a compulsive weigher too. I think it helps me stay motivated.... but hey, whatever works for you eh?

When's your first weigh in?

8. vampalicious

vampalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st5.8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.3lb(6.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i think its a great idea, and wish that i could do it but i get weighed 3 times a day! i tried putting the scales into my partners boot of his car but i begged him to get me them back lol!
    x

9. louiser

louiser Trying very hard!

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I think thats a really good idea, I would like to do the same but I know what I'm like!!!

I only see my CDC every other week so I'm hoping that it will help with poor losses as I'll have two weeks worth.

10. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there
    Me!!! Read my signature! I also started a thread about this a bit ago. I have my first WI this evening (day 12) and although CDC will note it, I don't want to know. I have a dress at home (smallish 12) - when that looks nice on me I will be there! Do you know approx how much you want to lose?
    xxx

11. bevy

bevy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think it's a good idea actually and wish I could do it but I am addicted to my scales, I weigh morning and night and sometimes during the day on a weekend.....

12. loved-up

loved-up Is determined and focused

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.22%)
    Diet:
    exante (with a bit of s&s ;0)
    :flowers:Thank you all for the support

I know what you mean about wanting to jump on the scales all the time, I was on them every couple of hours last time I did cd:eek: I think it's a bit of a double-edged sword for me.....when I see it on the scales it motivated me but when they don't budge I feel all :sigh: lol!

Minnie, yay! I thought I'd be the only one lol. I'm not sure if I'm going to wait until the 'end' to find out or if I might need to ask once a month or once every few weeks to keep me motivated?Guess I'll just have to wait and see:D

I have my first weigh in next week so I'm sure I'll be tempted to peek but I will try and stay strong:D

13. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    sounds like a great idea, although I couldn;t do it !!

14. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya
    Went for WI last night and I didn't peek :innocent0002:
    I have not hidden my bathrooms scales but have not been on them since 2 Jan - 1st day on plan. I "test" myself with them - practice self control and up to now it has worked. I have decided that come 2nd April I am going up the plans - I feel I need an end date. They say approx a stone a month so that's 42lbs plus 1st week of glycogen so, in reality, I should be ready to start the plans anyway! If I am having a really bad week I may ask to know loss just to spur me on. I weighed every morning last time
    Good luck
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.