Is anyone taking metformin on LT?

Jesi

Silver Member
I was prescribed Metformin for my PCOS but I stopped taking it as it made me really uncomfortable. However as I have lost some weight, I want to start taking it again to see if it will help with regulating my period.

Is anyone taking this and has it caused any issues with LT?

jesi,why don't you just give it a go again.
if it's still uncomfortable you can always stop again.

i'm kinda of the opinion that you should take prescribed medicine whether it affects LT or not.
can't see it making a difference to you though.

hope someone answers you that has been through it and knows for sure x

tuffy baby - I took one today going to take another tonight. Going to carry on and see how it goes. This drug has shown to help with people on PCOS and I dont think it will effect me a great deal like you said.

loulou hunnie - I agree with ya :) if you need to take it then that is it. I am doing all this for fertility so the meds are a part of that.

Thanks
xxx

I'd ask your GP about the Slow Release version of Metformin, does exactly the same as regular, but makes things a bit easier for you. I had such a bad intolerance to regular Metformin and as soon as I started the Slow Release, everything got better for me and I had a period the following month. Have been regular ever since and started taking them in February. Hope this helps xxx

I'd ask your GP about the Slow Release version of Metformin, does exactly the same as regular, but makes things a bit easier for you. I had such a bad intolerance to regular Metformin and as soon as I started the Slow Release, everything got better for me and I had a period the following month. Have been regular ever since and started taking them in February. Hope this helps xxx

That is brilliant advise thanks hun. I will talk to my GP asap about this.

No probs, the exact name you want to ask for isssssss....*looks for meds packet* Glucophage SR! When I started taking regular metformin, I had to take 1 tab a day for a week, 2 a day for a week and 3 a day from then onwards, I was OK-ish on 1 tab a day for that week but as soon as I started taking 2 a day, I started getting sick, I could never make it on to the 3 tabs a day no matter how many times I tried. So I started taking the SR and I sailed right the way through it, no symptoms, no nothing. So it does work and hopefully it'll be the same for you. Fingers crossed for you hunni!

Thanks Abbie I feel better knowing that I can take something similar to metformin and still benefit the same.
xxx

Back