Is CD/SS Low-Carb???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SindyDoll, 19 September 2010 Social URL.

1. SindyDoll

SindyDoll Member

I'm a bit confused as I stumbled across CD whilst looking for info on the Atkins diet, and have got the impression that CD works on similar principles of low-carbs (what with ketosis, etc). However, I've been reading up on the nutritional values (in the booklet meant for doctors), and I find that actually each shake contains:

14.6g protein
    14.2g carbs

...which is neither high protein nor low-carb (on Atkins, I believe no more than 20g of carbs are allowed per day).

It appears I've maybe got the wrong end of the stick and this isn't a low-carb diet. I don't mind, and I'm not giving up (having started yesterday!), I was just surprised and confused to read this info.

Could anyone clarify for me?!?!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. rose1987

rose1987 reaching my goal

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    Thats intresting i have no idea !
  4. determinator

determinator Banned

CD is classed as a very low calorie diet ( VLCD) and it is similar to atkins in it IS a low carb diet and does put you into ketosis . the difference is CD is full of all the vits , minerals etc yor body needs , and not much fat , whereas atkins is real food and does not limit fat so much , so in my opinion it is not as healthy on the heart etc .
    Atkinds starts at 20 g of carbs then you work up until your weight loss stalls and this is your personal 'carb limit ' so if you eat less carbs than this .. you shold remain in ketosis . Most peoples carb limit is between 40 and 60 g a day .. so CD certainly keeps you under the limit .

Hope that helps a little , I only know as I did some reading p on Atkins a few days ago
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.